Work For Us
Come and join our team!
Imaginative Traveller is based in Debenham in the heart of Suffolk, half an hour from Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds. Situated just an hour away from London and conveniently located to the A12 and A14, it is an ideal gateway to many other parts of the UK including the Midlands and the North of England. Beauty spots just a stone’s throw away include Aldeburgh, Lavenham, Woodbridge and Constable Country Dedham and Flatford Mill.
Direct Sales Team Manager
We are looking for a travel passionate person to lead our team of dedicated Adventure Travel Sales Consultants.
Do you want to motivate and inspire a team of hard working and dedicated people and strive to grow sales and achieve our goals?
Maybe you want to escape the city and the rat race and work for a company that is run by its founding members in the beautiful Suffolk countryside?
If that sounds like you then get in touch.
Enthusiasm, travel experience, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are key.
Contact Sue Markot today firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
(Please note that this position is based at our HQ in Debenham, Suffolk. Applicants must be based in the UK and have the relevant documents to be able to work in this country).
Immediate start. Applications before Friday 6th December.
JOB DESCRIPTION & ANNUAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
POSITION TITLE: Direct Sales Team Manager
REPORTING TO: Managing Director and Business Development Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Sales Consultants x3
LOCATION: Debenham, Suffolk
SALARY: Basic £20,000 plus bonus/commission OTE £26000 +
START DATE: TBC
Manage, motivate, mentor and monitor the direct sales team and fulfill the role of sales consultant, to achieve company and individual direct sales targets. Report on direct sales progress versus target, making recommendations as appropriate to Business Development Manager. Improve sales processes, leading by example and sharing best practice to increase sales, maximize accuracy and achieve excellent customer service. Develop and implement Dragoman’s sales strategy with the support of the Business Development Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 year experience in sales with a proven track record, ideally in a travel environment. Preferably experience in the adventure travel industry.
- Experience in or with potential to manage and motivate a team, reporting on progress and proactively making improvements.
- Broad travel experience in at least two of the following continents: Asia, Africa, Middle East, Latin America.
- Good computer, internet and keyboard skills. Preferably knowledge of flight reservation systems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to analyse data and report to senior managers.
- High attention to detail with high levels of accuracy whilst maintaining efficiency are most essential
- Good leadership skills with the ability to lead by example and be a good role model to the team
- Ability to lead from the front and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, motivated and motivational, focused on achieving team and personal results
- Proactive and positive approach to work, with a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving
- Good communicator, with a friendly, pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Quick to establish client needs, recognize sales opportunities, match products and close the sale
- Passion for travel
- Commercially aware of any factors affecting business and openly supportive of change
- Open-minded attitude to evolving procedures and achieving company goals
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Able to relax and have fun at work and still meet objectives
Role Expectations and Responsibilities
Day to Day Sales Management
- Distribute direct sales enquires
- Ensure existing customer queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Distribute and Management of direct online bookings and communicating any issues with web bookings with Web developer
- Assist with staffing at travel shows
- Ensuring cover for the emergency phone
- Monitor all non allocated bookings
- Manage Dragoman waitlists daily
- Manage late bookings daily
- Manage bookings on cancelled trips
- Manage over booked departures
- Problem solving
- Financial reporting with support from the Business development Manager
Sales Team HR & Personal Management
- Monitoring holiday entitlement and holiday cover when Sales Team are on annual leave
- Organising and arranging shifts in advance and communicating to the Sales Team
- Updating and organizing Sales Team calendar
- Monitoring sick leave and arranging cover whilst Sales Team are off sick
- Work with the Business Development Manager to monitor resource and recruit as the business requires
- Arrange monthly one to one meetings with Sales Team to monitor progress, develop Team members and resolve issues
- Conduct weekly sales team meetings, to discuss progress against target, processes, achievements and issues
- Motivate the sales team to reach and exceed targets and goals
- Monitor performance with assistance from the Business Development Manager
- Conduct annual performance reviews with sales Team with the Business Development Manager
Overall Direct Sales Target Responsibility
- Monitor and deliver direct sales team targets
- To manage the direct sales reports
- Commissions and commissions reporting
- Option reports
- Sales board updates
- Sales incentives
- Work along side the BDM to encourage up-sell and research opportunities
- To report up to the BDM who will collate direct reports into all channel sales reports
Customer Liaison and Operations
- Responsible for smooth implementation of annual product cut over from PEAK operators
- Manage light trips as directed
- Deal with complaints
- Manage trip curtailment issues
- Monitor issue of ATOL certificates
- Ensure smooth running of the customer journey and customer contact points
- Communicate itinerary changes for both brands to direct customers
- Monitor flight bookings and schedule changes
- Manage and communicate kitty changes to direct customers
Sales Team Development
- Individual performance against target
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the company’s products
- Proactively making suggestions on sales process improvements
- Ensuring sale team has thorough product knowledge (all brands)
- Arrange training on new processes and sales skills
- New starter training
- Liaise with the BDM for all process changes and improvements (Admin/system/sales)
- Sales Phone system management
- Monitor call activity and patterns
- Encourage best practice
- Request educational trips with BDM and Financial Controller
- Communicate company goals
- Generate own sales
- Be a good role model and follow best practice
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Respond to communications in a prompt/timely fashion