Imaginative Traveller is based in Debenham in the heart of Suffolk, half an hour from Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds. Situated just an hour away from London and conveniently located to the A12 and A14, it is an ideal gateway to many other parts of the UK including the Midlands and the North of England. Beauty spots just a stone’s throw away include Aldeburgh, Lavenham, Woodbridge and Constable Country Dedham and Flatford Mill.
POSITION TITLE: Imaginative Adventures Consultant
DEPARTMENT: Imaginative Adventures
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Nil
LOCATION: Debenham, Suffolk
To drive the growth of the Imaginative Adventures product across the whole business, expanding the offering of Imaginative Travellers product to both Dragoman Overland and Imaginative Traveller brands.
To manage all aspects of the Tailor-made Adventures product with responsibility for the end to end sales process for all customers and focusing on consistently high standards of customer service.
• Devise an overall strategy for the department to generate growth and brand awareness for the Imaginative Adventures brand.
• Identify the target customer and relevant destinations to promote accordingly.
• Actively drive tailor-made sales to deliver YOY growth in passenger numbers and profitability and achieve a high enquiry to confirmed bookings ratio
• Liaise directly with customers (including groups, individuals and agents) in order to identify individual requirements and secure sales of private versions of existing Imaginative Traveller tours, bespoke itineraries and honeymoons
• Deliver exceptional standards of customer focus and service, build and develop relationships with direct customers and regular agents as well as build business with new clients – overall, strive to increase the numbers of repeat customers
• Manage bookings from initial point of sale until the end of the tour, including preparation of itineraries and dossiers, invoices, documentation, flights, on tour issues, and post tour feedback
• Liaise directly with suppliers worldwide, negotiate preferential rates, oversee operational requirements, and ensure provision of excellent service in the destination
• Maintain and develop excellent relations with all suppliers to ensure consistently excellent customer service is continued in all aspects of delivery
• Cost and price all product, to ensure a good level of profitability and maximise margins
• Work to achieve and exceed monthly sales targets and achieve a YOY growth in profits.
• Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Managers to promote the Tailor-made product. Develop and implement plans and strategies to ensure that Tailor-made is given prevalence with on-going Marketing initiatives.
• Explore and develop new business opportunities for Tailor made Adventures – encompassing both the Imaginative Traveller and Dragoman brands
• Record and monitor personal sales on a daily basis, providing figures for the Managing Director on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Create a good example to the sales team members, strive to meet or exceed all sales targets for Tailor-Made.
Prepare regular reports on the monthly levels of Sales and Enquiries and work with the Sales and Marketing Managers to create campaigns to encourage higher numbers of bookings and maintain passion for results
• Work with the Marketing and Product team to deliver accurate information and Tailor Made product for the brochure, website and promotional material
Deal with all Tailor Made customer feedback and solve problems which occur before, during or after travel. This will be done directly with suppliers. In serious cases, this should be done together with the Customer relations Manager.
Be the main point of contact for any Tailor made queries from wider teams.
Demonstrate full flexibility and the ability to embrace change and challenging decisions
Assist the other departments when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous experience in Tailor Made, and at least two years proven experience in target related sales (preferable)
• Demonstrated ability to drive and develop sales and achieve YOY growth
• Detailed knowledge of the destinations suitable for tailor-made product, ideally a detailed understanding of the product offered by Imaginative Traveller and Dragoman Overland
• Excellent Customer Service skills and experience, with proven results and customer satisfaction success
• Experience of designing, costing and promoting Tailor-Made itineraries
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent administrative skills with proven attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Good relationship building skills essential, for other business functions in the UK and overseas
• Training/Education in Travel & Tourism or Sales of benefit
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Strength and skills to lead and work autonomously, as well as work alongside the wider sales and marketing team
• Strong research investigation and
• analytical skills
• Proactive and positive approach to work
• Work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
• Achievement orientated
• A passion for travel and tailor made
• Ability to understand the customer base and analyse the needs on a continual basis,
• Appreciation that the industry is ever changing
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Adaptable and accepting of different cultures and work environments
• Able to relax and have fun at work and still meet objectives
Dragoman Overseas Travel Ltd. is a well established Overland Tour Operator with 34 years experience in delivering excellent adventure travel holidays across the world. In September 2011 Imaginative Traveller became a part of the Dragoman family and provides our customers with a huge variety of small group adventure travel across the world, complementing the Dragoman Overland Product. The Imaginative Traveller brand also encompassed Tailor Made, a hugely successful area of the business which has recently been re-branded as Imaginative Adventures. The aim is to provide a Tailor Made product across the customers of both brands and we are looking to recruit a driven and passionate person to join our team.
This role reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Operations, Marketing and Sales teams.
Hours of work: Generally 09.00-17.30 / 09.30-18.00 Monday – Friday, although a flexible approach is taken and expected.
The need to work some weekends and overseas travel may be necessary at times, attending the annual customer facing travel shows will be a part of the job expectation.
To apply please send a cover note and current CV to email@example.com
Our tailor made adventure holidays will truly inspire and delight the senses and will live in your memory for ever.more info
Join us on one of our worldwide adventures coming up over the next few months – all guaranteed to depart, all at up to 20% off.more info