In response to Cate's concerns in a previous post, I too would liek to raise my concern.
As Cate mentioned, it is hard to get a genuinely neutral point of view on the situation.
I myself am supposed to be doing the Bangkok - SInagpore on the 1st of Feb (hopefully the situation will be clearer by then), however I will be coming from Japan which I depart for on 17th Jan.
I can not help feel that the judgement here from staff is affected by the worry of cancellations.
I was rather angered to hear from the MD posting that no a non refund policy is being adopted.
This surely has to be investigated seeing as the Foreign & Commonwealth Office are advising against all but essential travel to Thailand's affected areas (Krabi being one of them).
If there could be assurances that the trip was for example moved to Ko Phan Ngan (as in the other months of the year) and not to Krabi tehn it might reassure people.
What is the recommended action now seeing as IT and STA appear to be conravening the advice given by www.fco.gov.uk
Any views would be welcomed!
As many would agree, we are not really being given an option to make an unbiased decision on what to do for the best.
Aside from all this, I accept that it is not importnat in the scale of things!!! My wishes and prayers go out to those affected by such a tragedy.