As part of our focus on those who plan and produce our worldwide adventures, Imaginative Traveller has had a quick fire quiz with Jim O'Brien our Head of Operations here at our head office!
- Name...Jim O'Brien
- Job...Head of Operations
- The best part of my job is... The opportunity of visiting some of the fantastic places we run tours to, and the satisfaction of knowing that you've created trips which people will remember forever
- And the worst part is... Dealing with occasional unrealistic expectations
- My first big trip was...A long trek through the Langtang region of Nepal
- My favourite place in the world is... The southern deserts of Morocco - utterly tranquil, exotic and enchanting.
- My most memorable travel experience was...Witnessing a voodoo ceremony in a remote village in Togo, watching men in trances slash themselves with knives repeatedly in an attempt to get closer to their gods. Either that or being held up at gunpoint in Jerusalem (memorable for very different reasons!).
- Next on my travel wishlist is... Central Asia or Algeria.
- My top travel tip is...Keep hold of all your small change. And never hesitate to sample the local brew!
- I always pack...Several books. And a spare pair of shoelaces.
- My guilty travel pleasure is... Duty free gin.
See our full list of tours worldwide here