Digital Marketing Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proficient and passionate digital marketing specialist to work in the exciting world of adventure travel. You will be a key member of the marketing team at Dragoman and Imaginative Traveller based at our busy HQ, at Camp Green in beautiful, rural Debenham.
You will be working to promote and develop our two brands: Dragoman Overland and Imaginative Traveller on all our digital channels. The successful candidate will have at least a year’s experience in marketing and will be educated to degree level. They will thrive in our dynamic and innovative yet relaxed and friendly environment, being able to work on their own initiative as well as working as part of our marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager you would be working with a web developer and designer as our digital expert ensuring our key messages are consistently presented to our audiences through all our digital channels.
The position will include responsibility for;
- Working with the Marketing Manager to ensure that budget expenditure has a measurable ROI though continuous reporting and analysis.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of travel industry developments.
- Researching and developing the online presence for both brands ensuring SEO and maximising organic traffic to both sites.
- To maintain and develop online advertising on all digital channels including PPC.
- Developing the social media channels for both Dragoman and Imaginative Traveller.
- Researching and writing copy for blogs, landing pages and our regular email newsletter and maintaining and developing the E-list of subscribers.
- Managing the customer journey on all digital channels to perfect the user experience and customer brand loyalty.
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing bounce rates, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns against agreed engagement and delivery targets.
- Working with our in-house designer to develop campaign material for local marketing, mail shots and including brochures, flyers, online and other collateral.
- Assisting with planning and management of local marketing initiatives including attendance at local shows.
- Organising and attending national travel exhibitions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally educated to degree level in marketing or business studies. Professional qualifications an advantage especially CIM / CAM in digital marketing.
- Good understanding of social media and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Clean, clear copy writing skills.
- Excellent planning, execution and reporting skills with a high attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills with a particular emphasise on adapting tone and content for different audiences.
- Experience in successful project management
- Broad travel experience or experience in the Travel Industry an advantage, especially in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
- Ability to stay focused on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience or understanding of external management programmes such as Google Analytics, PPC and re-marketing tools, Mailchimp, Coschedule, Feefo, mail list management etc.
The role is full time Mon – Fri (with very occasional weekend work at shows) and is based in our head office in Debenham.
The rewards are extensive;
Salary from £22k dependent on experience
- 25 days paid holiday
- Numerous opportunities for work related travel and FAM trips.
- One FOC holiday pa with one of our key Imaginative Traveller partners.
- A relaxed and eclectic working environment.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links that provide examples of your copywriting skills and digital advertising campaigns. Closing date for applications is 8th June, 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture.