Holidays in April
April is a perfect time of year to get away and enjoy a holiday - with a warm springtime climate you can fully enjoy Mediterranean culture, discover enchanting regions of Asia or explore the cooler Middle East; the choice is yours.
Springtime in the Med
Southern Spain and Portugal have lovely temperatures in spring, here you can enjoy glorious sunshine, tapas and golden sands combined.
Its close proximity to Morocco means you could enjoy a North African adventure too, experiencing contrasting cultures, landscapes and cuisines.
Spain, Portugal and Morocco
• Our Spain, Portugal & Morocco trip is an epic journey from Madrid to Marrakech, taking the long route for maximum adventure. Marvel at artistic masterpieces and architectural wonders in Spain, taste the rich history of Portugal in its delightful cities and cuisine, and be enchanted by the magic of mysterious Morocco. Revel in chaotic markets, relax in coastal retreats and be warmed by local hospitality. This is an unforgettable odyssey through changing landscapes and incredible cultures.
• Alternatively, our shorter Real Food Adventure across Northern Spain takes you on a culinary tour through the bodegas and bars of San Sebastian and Barcelona; paella cookery classes, Basque tapas tasting and visits to the La Rioja wine region are sure to keep your taste buds satisfied.
Sightseeing in the Middle East
The Middle East can be pretty hot in peak summertime, with high temperatures making it more challenging to explore the region’s deserts, monuments and cities. The slightly cooler weather in April is ideal for visiting these legendary lands.
• Our Explore Jordan trip is a fascinating mix of modernity and ancient wonders. Visiting the cosmopolitan city of Amman, Jordan's mystic desert landscapes in Wadi Rum, the stunning ruins of Petra and trekking to the remote hilltop village of Dana, this trip really crams it all in!
• For families the Jordan Family - Journey to the Lost City is an exhilerating Family Adventure, delving into the magical ancient world of Jordan. The trip highlights the most exciting corners of Jordan; from historical Jerash to magnificent Petra, from Wadi Rum desert to the blissful Red Sea coast, with a carefully weighted balance of activities and down time.
Taste of Turkey
Turkey is another ideal April holiday location, providing endless opportunities for culture, cuisine and relaxation before the 40 degree summer heat hits.
• You can enjoy our 15-day Best of Turkey, taking in Istanbul, Cappadocia, the Turquoise Coast, Ephesus and more, wandering night markets, marvelling at incredible mosques and tasting delicious kebabs and fragrant teas.
• If you have a passion for food then our Real Food Adventure – Turkey trip combines sightseeing with opportunities to try Turkey’s best cuisine, including Istanbul’s most mouth-watering meze, freshly made Turkish cheese and fish straight off the wharf.
Japan is an enchanting land that allows you to marvel at futuristic Tokyo’s space-age technology as well as ancient temples set in picturesque countryside.
April is the best time to visit the region, when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom across the country and the weather is mild.
• Our Land of the Rising Sun trip begins in Tokyo, where you will experience modern consumerism at its best beneath the neon-hued city lights before taking an express train to Nikko, exploring shogun shrines, temples and museums.
The tour continues through Hakone’s mountains, lakes and hot springs before travelling to the village of Takayama by bullet train, where you will enjoy its quaint markets, breweries, farmhouses and beautiful galleries.
Finally you will visit the historically significant cities of Hiroshima and Kyoto, exploring their fascinating array of museums, temples.