Get your blood pumping with Imaginative Traveller's range of active adventures. Whether you’re hopping between islands by sea kayak in beautiful Borneo, canyoning in Slovenia, or snorkelling with sea turtles on the Galapagos Islands, our activity holidays are a great way to get away and experience a new culture, and to keep fit while you’re at it.
Hike, Bike & Kayak
Can’t decide between a walking and a cycling holiday? Then don’t! Our active adventures combine a range of activities to give you a different challenge every day.
A different perspective
Whether you’re zip-lining over the canopies in Costa Rica, trekking barefoot among sand dunes and water lagoons in Brazil, or riding through the mountains of Mongolia on horseback, our active adventures give you a different perspective on the places you’re visiting.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Active trips
GROUP TOUR from £1305 for days
- Borneo is the perfect place to be active and outdoors, and this trip will have you biking village backroads, summiting the heights of Mt Kinabalu, trekking through rainforest and island-hopping by sea kayak
- With two homestays, you'll get an insight in to the 'real' Borneo at community level
- Experience next-level vistas on Mt Kinabalu, descending by the via ferrata – a specially protected mountain pathway for climbers, the first of its kind in Asia
GROUP TOUR from £2718 for 10 days
- Visit three Hawaiian Islands – Oahu, Big Island and Maui
- Explore Pearl Harbor with an included audio guide
- Cruise the coast and visit the beautiful North Shore beaches
- Zodiac tour and snorkelling excursion in Kealakekua Bay
- Hawaiian culture at Pu’uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historic Park
- Travel the Crater of Chains road in Volcanoes National Park
- 4x4 guided tour of the Waipio Valley on Big Island
- Visit the Haleakala summit volcano followed by a 23-mile scenic cycle
downhill through the Maui countryside
- Full day driving tour on the Road to Hana, Maui
- Two flights between islands
- Swimming and snorkeling opportunities
GROUP TOUR from £1957 for 10 days
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1540 for 10 days
- Explore the bustling souks of Morocco
- Admire the views from the summit of Mount Toubkal
- Relax in laidback Essaouira
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1385 for 10 days
- Cycle to the Kiki Plateau and enjoy beautiful views of Mount Toubkal
- Journey through the amazing Paradise Valley
- Explore the relaxed coastal town of Essaouira
- Wander the souks and markets of Marrakech
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2200 for 11 days
- Marvel at the beautiful volcanic canyon through which the Orkhon River flows
- Explore the wilds of Mongolia on Horseback
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2300 for 11 days
- Snorkel in the temperate waters of the Red Sea
- ride camels through the landscapes of Wadi Rum
- Cycle to the shores of the Dead Sea
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1375 for 11 days
- Travel the notorious Bahussar Pass
- Trek to the base camps of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi
- Camp at the legendary Fairy Meadows
GROUP TOUR from £846 for 11 days
- Gain a greater insight into life in northern Vietnam with an itinerary that explores not just Hanoi but also heads out into the pastoral countryside
- Hike through the picturesque valleys surrounding Sapa and visit local villages
- Cycle out to Mai Chau, and visit the stunning karst landscape of Ninh Binh
GROUP TOUR from £1440 for 11 days
- Jump in the saddle and descend from one of the world's highest motorable roads on two wheels.
- Swap peaks for valleys as you raft through 30 kilometres of pristine river featuring Grade III/IV rapids.
- Spend three days trekking through mountain passes to remote villages and monasteries.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3985 for 11 days
- A unique barefoot trekking experience in Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
- Enjoy authentic local hospitality and hammock camp under the stars
- Stay at a remotely located Amazon Jungle Eco-Lodge
- Indulge in a wide range of jungle and wildlife viewing activities
GROUP TOUR from £1140 for 12 days
- Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those who love to get their pulse going
- Get well away from the tourist trail in Eastern Bali, visiting lesser-known temples and villages of Tenganan Village and Pura Luhur Lempuyang. These are golden opportunities to learn about Balinese culture
- Hike through lush forests and climb to the rim of Mt Rinjani, where spectacular views of the crater reward your efforts on this challenging day-trek