Get your blood pumping with Imaginative Traveller's range of active adventures. Whether you’re hopping between islands by sea kayak in beautiful Borneo, canyoning in Slovenia, or snorkelling with sea turtles on the Galapagos Islands, our activity holidays are a great way to get away and experience a new culture, and to keep fit while you’re at it.
Hike, Bike & Kayak
Can’t decide between a walking and a cycling holiday? Then don’t! Our active adventures combine a range of activities to give you a different challenge every day.
A different perspective
Whether you’re zip-lining over the canopies in Costa Rica, trekking barefoot among sand dunes and water lagoons in Brazil, or riding through the mountains of Mongolia on horseback, our active adventures give you a different perspective on the places you’re visiting.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Active trips
GROUP TOUR from £591 for 7 days
- Discover the vibrant city of Marrakech from a different perspective during a bike tour through the main sites, finishing with a glass of (in our humble opinion) the best freshly squeezed orange juice in Djemaa el-Fna
- Gallop over sandy beaches and through mimosa forests on a horseback ride on the Moroccan coast
- Make a thrilling descent down the slopes of the Atlas Mountains by mountain bike
GROUP TOUR from £650 for 8 days
- Enjoy a thrilling bike ride down some of the best mountains trails in Andorra, including the historic Iron Route. Wild evergreen slopes and white peaks offer a spectacular backdrop
- Hold on tight for some exhilarating white-water rafting through the Pyrenees, under the supervision of highly experienced guides
- Explore the quaint town of Soldeu, based at an impressive elevation of 1,710 metres above sea level
GROUP TOUR from £1605 for 8 days
- Ride the rails through St Moritz’s staggering mountain scenery on the Bernina Express. The region is home to alpine forests, fast-flowing rivers and Eastern Switzerland’s highest summit, the Piz Bernina
- Spend a day exploring the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, criss-crossing the lake by ferry. Taking a turn about the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi can make you feel just a bit fancy, then see the shore from the vantage point of your kayak
- It may be eaten all over the world, but Italy really knows how to do pasta. Indulge in ambrosial Italian fare in Tirano, famous for pizzoccheri, a type of tagliatelle cooked with potatoes, cabbage and cheese
GROUP TOUR from £1350 for 8 days
- Free time in Naples allows you to explore its historic precinct at your own pace. Descend below the city’s streets to discover the famous catacombs, before indulging in a traditional pizza in one Naples' many eateries. Buon appetito!
- The ancient Roman town of Pompeii has been frozen in time under the shadow of the very volcano which destroyed it, Mount Vesuvius. Explore the vast ruins, including the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo
- Walk the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Sentiero degli Dei, one of the most scenic trails in the world
GROUP TOUR from £1350 for 8 days
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
GROUP TOUR from £1125 for 8 days
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Drift along pure spring-fed rivers past sparkling waterfalls, and then get the heart rushing riding the rapids of Zrmanja River by canoe or raft
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac
GROUP TOUR from £975 for 8 days
- From the top of Mt Vogel, hike along lush trails, looking down to the valley where deep green forest meets the endless blue of the glacial Lake Bohinj
- Cycle through mountain pastures to outstanding lookouts in Triglav National Park
- Famous for its fairytale-like surrounds – including an emerald-green lake with a church in its middle and medieval castle – Bled is a joy to explore. It also produces a delicious local cake (Bled cream cake – make sure to try it).
GROUP TOUR from £1049 for 8 days
- An action-packed week with a great range of activities
- Try whitewater rafting, canyoning and mountain biking
- Ride one of Europe's longest and fastest zip lines
- Further optional activities; including paragliding
GROUP TOUR from £886 for 9 days
- Get the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping – take in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a backstreets bike tour
- Discover traditional Khmer villages on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing away the day in a hammock at a rural homestay
GROUP TOUR from £1084 for 9 days
- Borneo is the perfect place to be active and outdoors, and this trip will have you biking village backroads, summiting the heights of Mt Kinabalu, trekking through rainforest and island-hopping by sea kayak
- With two homestays, you'll get an insight in to the 'real' Borneo at community level
- Experience next-level vistas on Mt Kinabalu, descending by the via ferrata – a specially protected mountain pathway for climbers, the first of its kind in Asia
GROUP TOUR from £1020 for 9 days
- Start off with scenic bike ride through Kaiping, revealing the hidden history and clan culture of its many abandoned diaolou (fortified tower houses).
- Spend time hiking the rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji and visiting communities that call this pocket of China home.
- Cycle amongst the dramatic karst-dotted countryside of Yangshuo that has been immortalised in countless traditional Chinese paintings.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2095 for 9 days
- Trek to the summit of Qornet es-Sawda (3,088m), the highest point in Lebanon
- Explore the roman ruins at Baalbek
- Discover the troglodyte monasteries of the Qadisha Valley
- Wander the bustling souks of Tripoli
- Wine tasting at Lebanon’s oldest winery