Active Adventures with Imaginative Traveller
Get your blood pumping with Imaginative Traveller's range of active adventures. Whether you’re hopping between islands by sea kayak in beautiful Borneo, canyoning in Slovenia, or snorkelling with sea turtles on the Galapagos Islands, our activity holidays are a great way to get away and experience new cultures and to keep fit while you’re at it. Whether you’re zip-lining over the canopies in Costa Rica, trekking barefoot among sand dunes and water lagoons in Brazil, or riding through the mountains of Mongolia on horseback, our active adventures give you a different perspective on the places you’re visiting. Look out for our Hike, Bike & Kayak trips if you can’t decide between a Walking or a Cycling holiday? Then don’t! Many of our active adventures combine a range of activities to give you a different challenge every day. Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Active trips
GROUP TOUR from £1306 for 9 days
- Start off with scenic bike ride through Kaiping, revealing the hidden history and clan culture of its many abandoned diaolou (fortified tower houses).
- Spend time hiking the rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji and visiting communities that call this pocket of China home.
- Cycle amongst the dramatic karst-dotted countryside of Yangshuo that has been immortalised in countless traditional Chinese paintings.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2095 for 9 days
- Trek to the summit of Qornet es-Sawda (3,088m), the highest point in Lebanon
- Explore the roman ruins at Baalbek
- Discover the troglodyte monasteries of the Qadisha Valley
- Wander the bustling souks of Tripoli
- Wine tasting at Lebanon’s oldest winery
GROUP TOUR from £2030 for 10 days
- Visit three Hawaiian Islands – Oahu, Big Island and Maui
- Explore Pearl Harbor with an included audio guide
- Cruise the coast and visit the beautiful North Shore beaches
- Zodiac tour and snorkelling excursion in Kealakekua Bay
- Hawaiian culture at Pu’uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historic Park
- Travel the Crater of Chains road in Volcanoes National Park
- 4x4 guided tour of the Waipio Valley on Big Island
- Visit the Haleakala summit volcano followed by a 23-mile scenic cycle
downhill through the Maui countryside
- Full day driving tour on the Road to Hana, Maui
- Two flights between islands
- Swimming and snorkeling opportunities
GROUP TOUR from £2250 for 10 days
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1540 for 10 days
- Explore the bustling souks of Morocco
- Admire the views from the summit of Mount Toubkal
- Relax in laidback Essaouira
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1385 for 10 days
- Cycle to the Kiki Plateau and enjoy beautiful views of Mount Toubkal
- Journey through the amazing Paradise Valley
- Explore the relaxed coastal town of Essaouira
- Wander the souks and markets of Marrakech
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2200 for 11 days
- Marvel at the beautiful volcanic canyon through which the Orkhon River flows
- Explore the wilds of Mongolia on Horseback
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2300 for 11 days
- Snorkel in the temperate waters of the Red Sea
- ride camels through the landscapes of Wadi Rum
- Cycle to the shores of the Dead Sea
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1375 for 11 days
- Travel the notorious Bahussar Pass
- Trek to the base camps of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi
- Camp at the legendary Fairy Meadows
GROUP TOUR from £1790 for 11 days
- Challenge yourself to get into the hidden heart of rural Costa Rica, heading out a four-day hike through some of the most world’s most spectacular wilderness along the Savegre River.
- Look out for toucans, quetzals, alligators, crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, sloths and more, and treat yourself to a swim in hidden waterfalls along the trek.
- Costa Rica offers some of the world’s best whitewater rafting – get your taste when you tackle the Rio Naranjo rapids.
GROUP TOUR from £829 for 11 days
- Gain a greater insight into life in northern Vietnam with an itinerary that explores not just Hanoi but also heads out into the pastoral countryside
- Hike through the picturesque valleys surrounding Sapa and visit local villages
- Cycle out to Mai Chau, and visit the stunning karst landscape of Ninh Binh
GROUP TOUR from £1440 for 11 days
- Jump in the saddle and descend from one of the world's highest motorable roads on two wheels.
- Swap peaks for valleys as you raft through 30 kilometres of pristine river featuring Grade III/IV rapids.
- Spend three days trekking through mountain passes to remote villages and monasteries.