Get your blood pumping with Imaginative Traveller's range of active adventures. Whether you’re hopping between islands by sea kayak in beautiful Borneo, canyoning in Slovenia, or snorkelling with sea turtles on the Galapagos Islands, our activity holidays are a great way to get away and experience a new culture, and to keep fit while you’re at it.
Hike, Bike & Kayak
Can’t decide between a walking and a cycling holiday? Then don’t! Our active adventures combine a range of activities to give you a different challenge every day.
A different perspective
Whether you’re zip-lining over the canopies in Costa Rica, trekking barefoot among sand dunes and water lagoons in Brazil, or riding through the mountains of Mongolia on horseback, our active adventures give you a different perspective on the places you’re visiting.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Active trips
GROUP TOUR from £865 for 12 days
- Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets
- Hike and Cycle the Valleys of Cappadocia and picnic amongst a forest of Fairy Chimneys
- Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1550 for 12 days
- Explore Osh, an ancient and pivotal center on the Silk Road
- Trek to the foot of Sabakh and Aksu Peaks - 5,000 meter snow capped giants
- Cross Udobniy Pass (4,410m), offering fantastic panoramic views of Uryam River and the surrounding ridges with their majestic peaks
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Kyrgyzstan local herdsmen
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2350 for 13 days
- Immerse yourself in the heart of rural Georgia
- Alpine Hiking through the Svaneti region of the Great Caucasus
- Trek towards the highest summit in Georgia, Mount Shkhara
- Enjoy a traditional Georgian cooking class with a local family
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1595 for 14 days
- Discover the bustling city of Bogotá by bike
- White water rafting on the legendary Rio Fonce
- Undertake an epic 4 day jungle trek to the Lost City
- Hammock camp in Tayrona National Park
- Explore the UNESCO Heritage city of Cartagena
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3175 for 14 days
- Conquer Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world
- Hike through lush rainforest, alpine deserts, across glaciers and past snow fields
- Venture into Tanzania’s most famous national parks for the ultimate safari experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3460 for 17 days
- El Chalten is the gateway to Mount Fitz Roy –said to be one of the most technically challenging mountains on earth
- Enjoy a full day excursion to the magnificent Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the few advancing glaciers left in the world
- Walk among the woods of the Tierra del Fuego National Park and enjoy a canoe ride on this isolated place as you scan your surroundings for wildlife including the spectacular Magellanic woodpecker, eagles and condors
GROUP TOUR from £2975 for 18 days
- The Pacuare River has been rated as one of the ten top best rivers around the world; not only for its rapids, but also its pristine rainforest surrounds and waterfalls
- Cahuita National Park is home to monkeys, reptiles, toucans and macaws, while its waters contain turtles, barracudas, sea urchins and more than 125 species of fish
- Hop into kayaks and paddle through the waterways of Tortuguero National Park in search of monkeys, sloths, caiman, jaguars, lizards, bats and a gamut of birdlife