Our Remote Retreats are short tours in beautiful destinations, just a few hours' drive or a quick flight away.
Unwind in the country and reconnect with nature in the forested valleys of the Peak District, the heart of the quaint Suffolk countryside, the steaming hot springs and ice glaciers of Iceland, or the clear, blue waters of the Mediterranean in Turkey.
Support the locals as you stay at sustainable farms, indulge in mouth-watering homemade food, and sample the local vintages.
Make the most of your host’s local knowledge, soaking up history and culture in the ancient city of Petra in Jordan, historic Treviso in northern Italy, or the wild, brutal beauty of Glencoe in Scotland.
Our Remote Retreats trips
GROUP TOUR from £380 for 3 days
- Walk the winding trails between picturesque villages and then hole up at a local pub to try a fittingly named brew from Intrepid Brewing Co.
- Treat yourself one of the town’s famous tarts or puddings in Bakewell and explore the arched bridges, narrow shopping streets and stone cottages.
- Chat with the locals in the village community shop as you take a break from walks through beautiful countryside of farms, woods, and tumbledown remains.
GROUP TOUR from £410 for 4 days
- Find peace with the relaxing sounds of crashing waves, the smell of salt spray, and a yoga session overlooking the ocean.
- Take bracing walks through the mining history of Cornwall and along dramatic, rugged clifftops, as you reconnect with nature.
- Taste the true flavour of Cornwall with a traditional pasty, after a hike round a headland that lives up to its official designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
GROUP TOUR from £915 for 4 days
- Stay on a sustainably run, working farm and enjoy farm to table meals.
- See the iconic sites of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle, including Gulfoss Waterfall, Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- Take a guided quad biking tour of the Icelandic countryside, driving through rolling hills and visiting a remote cave.
GROUP TOUR from £730 for 4 days
- Get a true taste of Veneto as you explore the terraced vineyards and rolling hills of the home of Prosecco, supporting local wineries and sampling on some of the world’s best bubbly.
- Take advantage of a whole day to explore the maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands of Venice.
- Make the most of your host's local knowledge with a backstreets walking tour of Venice, snacking on cicchetti and sipping on vino in a typical community osteria.
GROUP TOUR from £655 for 4 days
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £330 for 4 days
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
GROUP TOUR from £790 for 4 days
- Soak up the sights and sounds of seaside Matosinhos and tuck into a traditional lunch of grilled sardines caught and cooked straight from the Atlantic.
- Let the emotion of Portugal’s soul music wash over you during an intimate Fado performance in a small local theatre in Porto.
- Get a true taste for the region with a host-led sampling session of the city’s signature fortified wine after exploring Porto’s narrow lanes and charming buildings.
GROUP TOUR from £860 for 5 days
- Bring the history and stories of Ancient Greece to life with the insider knowledge of a local host on a visit to the world-famous Acropolis.
- Uncover stunning views and the local way of life with hikes through the island’s charming hilltop villages, from the fortress-like Ano Syros to the cave dwellings of ancient philosophers.
- Taste the traditional flavours of the island with a dinner as you watch a Syros sunset over the Aegean and Rembetika music floats around you.
GROUP TOUR from £750 for 5 days
- Learn what a self-sustaining lifestyle looks like when you spend a day at sea with a local fisherman and his wife.
- Support local wine producers and enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at a local winery.
- Get back to nature with a guided bike ride through the centre of the island of Lastovo.
GROUP TOUR from £585 for 5 days
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
- Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class, using food that you’ve picked yourself.
- Learn about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.