For those of us who live for travel, for exploring new places, and for seeking new experiences, these past few months have been difficult. The good news is, the world is slowly beginning to open again.
Introducing: Remote Retreats, a new range of short tours in Europe & nearby which are just a few hours’ drive or a quick flight away.
Unwind in the country and reconnect with nature in the forested valleys of the Peak District, the heart of the quaint Suffolk countryside, the steaming hot springs and ice glaciers of Iceland, or the clear, blue waters of the Mediterranean in Turkey.
Support the locals as you stay at sustainable farms, indulge in mouth-watering homemade food, and sample the local vintages.
Make the most of your host’s local knowledge, soaking up history and culture in the ancient city of Petra in Jordan, historic Treviso in northern Italy, or the wild, brutal beauty of Glencoe in Scotland.
Travel with Confidence
We have cast-iron financial protection through ABTOT and the strength of our trade organisations ABTA and AITO behind us. We have coupled this with a Traveller’s Confidence Toolkit which includes flexible deposits, a later balance due date and flexible no transfer charges that will ensure you can make a booking with complete confidence and transfer your trip easily. Find out more here.
GROUP TOUR from £310 for 3 days
- Walk the winding trails between picturesque villages and then hole up at a local pub to try a fittingly named brew from Intrepid Brewing Co.
- Treat yourself one of the town’s famous tarts or puddings in Bakewell and explore the arched bridges, narrow shopping streets and stone cottages.
- Chat with the locals in the village community shop as you take a break from walks through beautiful countryside of farms, woods, and tumbledown remains.
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 0 days
- Stay on a sustainable farm in the heart of Suffolk’s countryside, where you’ll enjoy locally sourced meals cooked on your campfire.
- Enjoy a tour and wine tastings at an award-winning English vineyard.
- Explore the walking trails of the quaint Suffolk countryside, keeping an eye out for local wildlife.
GROUP TOUR from £756 for 4 days
- Discover the flavours of the Highlands with a whisky tasting at one the oldest distilleries in Scotland.
- Explore Loch Leven by bike and take in striking panoramas of the water and surrounding munros.
- Walk through the history of the highlands in Fort William and Inverlochy, equipped with the insider knowledge of your local host.
GROUP TOUR from £454 for 4 days
- Find peace with the relaxing sounds of crashing waves, the smell of salt spray, and a yoga session overlooking the ocean.
- Take bracing walks through the mining history of Cornwall and along dramatic, rugged clifftops, as you reconnect with nature.
- Taste the true flavour of Cornwall with a traditional pasty, after a hike round a headland that lives up to its official designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
GROUP TOUR from £824 for 4 days
- Stay on a sustainably run, working farm and enjoy farm to table meals.
- See the iconic sites of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle, including Gulfoss Waterfall, Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- Take a guided quad biking tour of the Icelandic countryside, driving through rolling hills and visiting a remote cave.
GROUP TOUR from £702 for 5 days
- Bring the history and stories of Ancient Greece to life with the insider knowledge of a local host on a visit to the world-famous Acropolis.
- Uncover stunning views and the local way of life with hikes through the island’s charming hilltop villages, from the fortress-like Ano Syros to the cave dwellings of ancient philosophers.
- Taste the traditional flavours of the island with a dinner as you watch a Syros sunset over the Aegean and Rembetika music floats around you.
GROUP TOUR from £657 for 4 days
- Get a true taste of Veneto as you explore the terraced vineyards and rolling hills of the home of Prosecco, supporting local wineries and sampling on some of the world’s best bubbly.
- Take advantage of a whole day to explore the maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands of Venice.
- Make the most of your host's local knowledge with a backstreets walking tour of Venice, snacking on cicchetti and sipping on vino in a typical community osteria.
GROUP TOUR from £675 for 5 days
- Learn what a self-sustaining lifestyle looks like when you spend a day at sea with a local fisherman and his wife.
- Support local wine producers and enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at a local winery.
- Get back to nature with a guided bike ride through the centre of the island of Lastovo.
GROUP TOUR from £531 for 5 days
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
- Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class, using food that you’ve picked yourself.
- Learn about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.
GROUP TOUR from £711 for 4 days
- Soak up the sights and sounds of seaside Matosinhos and tuck into a traditional lunch of grilled sardines caught and cooked straight from the Atlantic.
- Let the emotion of Portugal’s soul music wash over you during an intimate Fado performance in a small local theatre in Porto.
- Get a true taste for the region with a host-led sampling session of the city’s signature fortified wine after exploring Porto’s narrow lanes and charming buildings.
GROUP TOUR from £572 for 4 days
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £297 for 4 days
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.