Booking a holiday can be stressful – especially when you have to fork out loads of money upfront on flights, insurance, and of course, the trip itself! That’s why, for a limited time, we’re offering the opportunity to book your next tour with just a £1 deposit, making it easier to spread the cost and pay when it’s convenient for you.
Until February 29th 2020, you can book any* small group tour departing in 2020 with the adventure travel specialists Imaginative Traveller and secure your place with only a £1 deposit.
Choose from hundreds of adventure tours in destinations around the world, from Europe to Southeast Asia and South America, ranging in duration from just a few days up to several weeks. You can browse our tours by theme, so whether you’re looking for a cycling holiday, a wildlife safari, or a real food adventure, it’s just a few clicks away.
If you like to get your blood pumping when you go away, check out our range of active adventures. Experience abundant wildlife and secluded wilderness while white water rafting and zip-lining in Costa Rica, and experience the colourful Cinque Terre or the majestic beauty of South China on a Hike, Bike & Kayak tour.
GROUP TOUR from £1790 for 11 days
- Challenge yourself to get into the hidden heart of rural Costa Rica, heading out a four-day hike through some of the most world’s most spectacular wilderness along the Savegre River.
- Look out for toucans, quetzals, alligators, crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, sloths and more, and treat yourself to a swim in hidden waterfalls along the trek.
- Costa Rica offers some of the world’s best whitewater rafting – get your taste when you tackle the Rio Naranjo rapids.
GROUP TOUR from £1350 for 8 days
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
GROUP TOUR from £1306 for 9 days
- Start off with scenic bike ride through Kaiping, revealing the hidden history and clan culture of its many abandoned diaolou (fortified tower houses).
- Spend time hiking the rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji and visiting communities that call this pocket of China home.
- Cycle amongst the dramatic karst-dotted countryside of Yangshuo that has been immortalised in countless traditional Chinese paintings.
If travel for you is all about finding the best places to eat around the world, then you can’t go wrong with a culinary journey through Japan’s most delicious hotspots, on which you’ll master the art of sushi making at a professional cooking class and snack on awesome street food in the unofficial culinary capital of Osaka. Or if you’re a big wine drinker, why not embark on a walking holiday in the rolling hills of Tuscany – the perfect place to sample several varieties of world-renowned Chianti?
GROUP TOUR from £3308 for 12 days
- Food is taken seriously in Japan. From the station tonkatsu restaurant to the highest end sushi, Japanese people take pride in the cooking and presentation, and any bad meal is incredibly rare
- Tasting the succulent Hida beef in Takayama is the definition of a melt-in-your-mouth moment
- Dodging bargain hunters and fishmongers as you browse stalls of fantastical sea creatures in the organised madness of the Tsukiji Fish Market
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 8 days
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany
- Stay in a converted farmhouse
- Enjoy the fabulous Chianti wines
Maybe you want to get up close and personal with some remarkable animals? Some of the best wildlife viewing opportunities in the world can be had in the national parks of the United States; explore the geysers, mud pools and hot springs of Yellowstone, keeping your eyes peeled for wolves, moose and elk. Or head out into the national parks of Tanzania and Kenya – including the Serengeti - to experience some of the best wildlife and scenery that Africa has to offer.
GROUP TOUR from £2088 for 12 days
- Dedicated wolf and wildlife tracking guide in Yellowstone
- Specialist wildlife, geology and wilderness guides
- Specialist hiking guide in Glacier National Park
- Visit the geysers of Yellowstone, including Old Faithful
- Endless wildlife viewing opportunities
- Four nights in Yellowstone National Park
- Two nights in Jackson/Grand Teton National Park
- Three nights in Glacier National Park
GROUP TOUR from £2899 for 14 days
- Enjoy game drives in Lake Nakuru National Park and the famous Masai Mara
- See wildlife in the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater
- Visit the exotic spice island of Zanzibar
If you’re just looking to learn something new about another culture, then you’ll love our range of Discovery tours. Experience the charm, sophistication and elegant feel of Central Europe on a 15-day journey between Vienna and Budapest; discover the raw natural beauty of Iceland on a Northern Lights Escape; or encounter the vibrant culture and fascinating heritage of Peru, including a guided tour of Machu Picchu.
GROUP TOUR from £1685 for 15 days
- Soak up the royal history of Krakow's Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through the city's medieval main square
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague before stepping right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov
- So much of what is great about Europe can be found in Vienna. Revel in the city's rich offerings of art, history and music and stroll along the eclectic Ringstrasse
GROUP TOUR from £1012 for 6 days
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice and vikings. Follow the scenic 'Golden Circle', visiting geothermal springs and geysers, the mighty waterfall of Gullfoss and the site of the nation's first parliament at Thingvellir
- Discover Iceland's fascinating history on a guided tour of Reykjavik, which includes a visit to the massive Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- Drive along the island’s spectacular South Shore past the Reynisdrangar Rocks and volcanic black sand beaches
GROUP TOUR from £1349 for 7 days
- Lima's historic centre, including the Basilica Cathedral and catacombs
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, set against its dramatic Andean backdrop
- Vibrant markets, Inca museums and Spanish churches of Cuzco
The offer is also valid on family adventure holidays, so if you’re looking to travel with your kids this summer, this is the perfect time to book. Uncover ancient mysteries and modern marvels on a family holiday in Egypt, enjoy great food and lush scenery on a Vietnam family adventure, or head out into the wilderness on a South Africa Family Safari with Teenagers.
GROUP TOUR from £950 for 8 days
- Egypt is home to some of the world's most amazing ancient icons. Explore the Pyramids, Sphinx and Valley of the Kings with expert local guides
- There are so many chances to interact with the locals and experience their culture. Lose yourself in Cairo's colourful Khan al-Khalili bazaar and dine with Nubian village folk in a house in Aswan
- Sleep under the stars, feast on hearty cuisine and be dazzled by the riverside scenery on a felucca sailing trip down the Nile
GROUP TOUR from £975 for 13 days
- A cyclo tour of Hanoi is an excellent introduction to bustling inner-city Vietnam, and the novelty of travelling on these three-wheeled wonders is a thrill for all ages
- There's a great mix of included activities and free time, which is perfect in atmospheric destinations like Hoi An, with the beach just a short bike ride away
- Halong Bay is not only an amazing and unique natural wonder – it's a proper escape from the world around you. Sleep under the stars on a comfortable cruise boat and enjoy a sumptuous lunch and dinner on board
GROUP TOUR from £1310 for 12 days
- This trip visits a great spread of Southern African game reserves, putting you right in the midst of the mighty 'Big Five' game of Africa
- Camp at Kruger National Park under the African night sky. Experience the sights and sounds of the wild, perhaps the roar of a lion as you drift off to sleep
- A Zulu village tour introduces you to a fascinating tribal culture. You might learn about anything from spear-making and bone-throwing to dancing and basket-weaving
If you’re not sure what kind of trip you’re after – you just know you need a break! – then speak with Imaginative Traveller’s expert Sales team today, and they’ll be able to advise you on the best trip to suit your needs.
*some exclusions apply