Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar. These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £799 for 10 days
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Butrint, Berat and Gjirokaster
- Discover historical monuments including Durres Amphitheatre, Korce
Medieval Art Museum and Resurrection Church
- Journey through the beautiful Albanian Riviera
GROUP TOUR from £2715 for 10 days
- Alaska is unlike any other place on earth. Drive across frozen plains past massive peaks, walk across remote tundras to glacial rivers and take a boat trip into the spectacular waters of Prince William Sound
- Denali National Park is home to an abundance of native wildlife. Visit the park for a unique chance to see moose, caribou, grizzly bears, Dall sheep and wolves in their natural habitat
- After witnessing the land mammals of Denali, get close to sea otters, puffins and humpback whales on an optional kayak trip among glaciers in Valdez. Look out for bald eagles in the sky above
GROUP TOUR from £1659 for 10 days
- This action-packed itinerary is stuffed with incredible winter activities that will get your heart pumping: snowshoe, cross-country ski, skate in the great outdoors and try your hand at fat biking (bikes tailor-made for winter conditions, complete with hand warmers!).
- Go on two unforgettable ice walks at Grotto and Johnston Canyon, past towering frozen waterfalls, staggering icy rock formations and possibly a few daredevil ice climbers.
- Learn a thing or two about two proudly Canadian winter sports – hockey and curling. The pros will show you the ropes, then you’ll get the chance to test out your new skills in Canmore.
GROUP TOUR from £2095 for 10 days
- From flashy Las Vegas to the red cliffs of Zion National Park and the distinctive hoodoos of Bryce Canyon, discover a huge diversity of American landscapes in a relatively short amount of time
- Discover the Emerald Pools, an oasis of lush vegetation and cascading falls, during a hike in Utah’s Zion National Park
- Due to popular demand, see the mountains, cactus gardens and lush oases of Joshua Tree National Park. As you'll be staying nearby, there's plenty of time to explore the area without feeling rushed
GROUP TOUR from £2127 for 10 days
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1119 for 10 days
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Durbar Square
- Visit Chitwan National Park
- Wander round ancient Buddhist Temples
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3850 for 10 days
- Shop till you drop in the futuristic city of Tokyo
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Fuji
- Visit the imperial city of Kyoto, home to more than a thousand temples
- Reflect in the forward thinking city of Hiroshima
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £637 for 10 days
- Discover Kathmandu's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage
- Raft on the Trisuli river before camping overnight on the riverbank.
- Visit century-old temples in Bhaktapur
GROUP TOUR from £2310 for 10 days
- After a leader-led orientation walk of Glasgow, you’ll be free to explore this happening city, full of interesting neighbourhoods, free museums and cultural flair.
- Stop by famed locations around Scotland, including the Glenfinnan viaduct – famous as part of Harry Potter’s Hogwarts Express train journey through the countryside.
- You would’ve heard of Loch Ness, but discover the other lochs and waterways around Scotland, plus an optional visit to the mystical Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1300 for 10 days
- Go back in time to the ancient capital of the Nabataean Empire at Petra
- More than 400m below sea level the Dead Sea is the lowest point on dry land and its hyper-saline water makes floating not only easy but impossible to resist
- Visit key sites in the Wadi Rum area including Lawrence Spring and the Um Frouth Arch
GROUP TOUR from £1030 for 10 days
- Explore Western Australia’s desert landscapes, national parks and spectacular Coral Coast in rugged style on the ultimate overland trip
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky
- Wade in the shallows of Monkey Mia beach and be amazed at the friendly dolphins that approach