Our Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £635 for 4 days
- Walk on the verge of an extinct volcanic crater
- View the ruined ceremonial village of Orongo
- Play on the pure white sands of Anakena Beach
GROUP TOUR from £385 for 4 days
- Enjoy plenty of tacos, quesadillas and delicious elotes (charred corn) while eating your way through Mexico City's street food scene.
- Picture life in Mexico 2000 years ago while strolling down the 'Avenue of the Dead' and marvelling at the ancient Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon.
- Taste pulque, which is made from the fermented sap of the maguey (agave) plant, and dates back 2000 years
GROUP TOUR from £1449 for 5 days
- A chance to see the Northern Lights in amazing landscapes
- Complete the Golden Triangle of Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir and Thingvellir
- Glacier walking and the amazing Glacial Lagoon
GROUP TOUR from £805 for 5 days
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes, black sands and thermal springs of this magical land in the world's far north
- Discover Iceland's fascinating history of Reykjavik, and visit the astonishing Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- The Eurasian and American tectonic plates may now be pulling apart in Thingvellir National Park, but over a thousand years ago this was the site where Iceland's first parliament came together
GROUP TOUR from £1238 for 6 days
- Stay in unique four star accommodation along Victoria's Great Ocean Road and Grampians
- Enjoy a native food dinner cooked by a local chef
- Walk where few dare to tread on a special section of the Great Ocean Road, travelling down Gibson Steps to a glistening shoreline dotted with giant stone monuments
GROUP TOUR from £720 for 6 days
- As well as visiting key attractions such as Wineglass Bay and the Bay of Fires, this pioneering trip takes you to parts of Tassie that are more off the beaten track
- Your guide will provide information about the flora, fauna and landscapes of Tasmania, giving you an insight into some of the country's World Heritage listed areas
- Trek along multiple walking trails through spectacular Cradle Mountain National Park
GROUP TOUR from £1105 for 6 days
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice and vikings. Follow the scenic 'Golden Circle', visiting geothermal springs and geysers, the mighty waterfall of Gullfoss and the site of the nation's first parliament at Thingvellir
- Discover Iceland's fascinating history on a guided tour of Reykjavik, which includes a visit to the massive Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- Drive along the island’s spectacular South Shore past the Reynisdrangar Rocks and volcanic black sand beaches
GROUP TOUR from £855 for 6 days
- This trip takes in the major highlights of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, and with an included flight between the two, you’ll have maximum time and not have to worry about long travel days
- Discover the contrasting sides to Cambodia’s history at Phnom Penh’s Tuoi Sieng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek, and the city’s Royal palace and Silver Pagoda
- Dine at the Friends restaurant to taste delicious local food and support an organisation that helps vulnerable local children
GROUP TOUR from £731 for 6 days
- Rise with the sun and watch saffron-robed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- See the crowning-jewel of Laos' spiritual monuments – Pha That Luang, a shining Buddhist stupa that sits on ground that has been considered holy for thousands of years.
- Splash in the blue waters of Kuang Si Waterfall, where multi-tiered cascades ensconced by thick jungle give the appearance of a Laotian Eden.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2800 for 6 days
- Explore chimpanzee country in Kibale National Park
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Interact with indigenous forest communities
GROUP TOUR from £1309 for 7 days
- Three to four star hand-picked twin share accommodation, amazing inclusions such as a Port Macquarie sunset cruise.
- Amazing local food experiences such as a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay
- Small group travel, maximum of 16 people
GROUP TOUR from £1290 for 7 days
- Until 2005, the Gocta Falls sat hidden in the Andes, known only to the locals. These secret waters flow to create one of the tallest falls in the world, setting a magical scene of mist, water and flourishing rainforest
- Spend a full day exploring the ruined Chachapoya fortress of Kuélap, one of the most important archaeological site of the Andes
- Understand the cultural importance of Chachapoya afterlife on an excursion to visit the rock-face mausoleums of Revash and the mummies of Leymebamba