Our Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £1122 for 7 days
- Until 2005, the Gocta Falls sat hidden in the Andes, known only to the locals. These secret waters flow to create one of the tallest falls in the world, setting a magical scene of mist, water and flourishing rainforest
- Spend a full day exploring the ruined Chachapoya fortress of Kuélap, one of the most important archaeological site of the Andes
- Understand the cultural importance of Chachapoya afterlife on an excursion to visit the rock-face mausoleums of Revash and the mummies of Leymebamba
GROUP TOUR from £727 for 7 days
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or relax and take the train
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cuzco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
GROUP TOUR from £1334 for 7 days
- Admire beautiful green pastures as you drive along roads bordered with flowers on your excursion to Capelinhos volcano
- Enjoy a whale-watching tour on a small-boat excursion with an experienced guide who’ll offer insights into the lives of these amazing creatures
- Hike to the top of Pico da Esperanca, the highest point in all of Portugal!
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1260 for 7 days
- Camp in the dunes of Wahiba Sands
- Spot green turtles in the coastal city of Sur
- Visit the historic forts of Nizwa, Jabrin and Bahla
- Hike and swim in the Wadis of Oman
GROUP TOUR from £1781 for 7 days
- The happiest land on earth, Bhutan is a hidden paradise with no traffic lights, laws governing minimum forest coverage and some amazing feats of archery.
- Only a small number of visitors are allowed into Bhutan each year. Its pretty special.
- The climb to Tigers nest while tough, is a richly rewarding and sobering experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2205 for 7 days
- Swim with the Galapagos penguins on Bartolome Island
- Hike to the summit of the Sierra Negra Volcano
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station
GROUP TOUR from £2199 for 7 days
- Comfortable safari at an intimate tented camp with walk in tents and en
- Prolific wildlife of the Masai Mara including lion, elephant, hippo, and
- Lake Nakuru, famed for its wonderful Black and White rhino population
- Game drives, short nature walks and optional cultural village and walking
GROUP TOUR from £1718 for 8 days
- Bask in the beauty of Fraser Island on a 4WD adventure, visiting key panoramic lookout points, swimming in a clear lake, and searching for a dingo or two
- Enjoy the stunning white beaches of the Whitsunday Islands. You’ll be left in no doubt that Whitehaven Beach is one of the finest slices of shoreline in the world
- Discover the beautiful coral and tropical fish of the one and only Great Barrier Reef. A day cruise includes snorkelling and a commentary about conservation efforts
GROUP TOUR from £1399 for 8 days
- Enjoy a host of winter activities in magical surroundings
- Stay in fantastic lodge accommodation
- Experience an evening Northern Lights snowshoe
GROUP TOUR from £650 for 8 days
- Discover Marrakech - Djemaa El-Fna isn't just a marketplace, it's a way of life. Marrakesh's largest outdoor food market is brimming with activity and is a great place to sample Moroccan delicacies while rubbing shoulders with the locals
- Explore pristine, secluded beaches of southern Morocco, find the spot where Ocean meet the mountains
- Discover a more laid back way of life in Taghazout, a sleepy coastal village where you can learn to surf and unwind with a yoga class.
GROUP TOUR from £1099 for 8 days
- Guided tour of Moscow's Kremlin and Armoury
- Discover Novgorod, the birthplace of Russia
- Visit the famous Amber Room at Catherine Palace in Pushkin
- Enjoy St Petersburg's sites including the Hermitage Museum & Faberge
GROUP TOUR from £955 for 8 days
- Go beach-hopping through sunny Phuket, often regarded as one of the best seaside locations in Thailand (if not the world!)
- Sink into the slower pace of Khao Lak – a realm full of ambient charm and calming coastlines
- Trek through thick jungle landscape to serene waterfalls in the midst of the jungle – finding tiny pockets of serenity hiding under the trees as you go