Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £846 for 6 days
- Rise with the sun and watch saffron-robed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- See the crowning-jewel of Laos' spiritual monuments – Pha That Luang, a shining Buddhist stupa that sits on ground that has been considered holy for thousands of years.
- Splash in the blue waters of Kuang Si Waterfall, where multi-tiered cascades ensconced by thick jungle give the appearance of a Laotian Eden.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2800 for 6 days
- Explore chimpanzee country in Kibale National Park
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Interact with indigenous forest communities
GROUP TOUR from £1155 for 7 days
- Three to four star hand-picked twin share accommodation, amazing inclusions such as a Port Macquarie sunset cruise.
- Amazing local food experiences such as a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay
- Small group travel, maximum of 16 people
GROUP TOUR from £1602 for 7 days
- Slow the pace and visit some places in Tasmania that are off the tourist track such as Maria Island
- Stay in unique four star accommodation such as the converted Thousand Lakes Lodge, which was once an antarctic training base, and Cradle Mountain Hotel at the foot of the mountain itself
- Travel with a local guide who is passionate about all things Tasmania
GROUP TOUR from £720 for 7 days
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island
- Get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
GROUP TOUR from £648 for 7 days
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or relax and take the train
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cuzco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
GROUP TOUR from £1349 for 7 days
- Lima's historic centre, including the Basilica Cathedral and catacombs
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, set against its dramatic Andean backdrop
- Vibrant markets, Inca museums and Spanish churches of Cuzco
GROUP TOUR from £1560 for 7 days
- Admire beautiful green pastures as you drive along roads bordered with flowers on your excursion to Capelinhos volcano
- Enjoy a whale-watching tour on a small-boat excursion with an experienced guide who’ll offer insights into the lives of these amazing creatures
- Hike to the top of Pico da Esperanca, the highest point in all of Portugal!
GROUP TOUR from £1098 for 7 days
- Short and sweet, this eight-day trip hits the 'must-sees' of Jamaica while allowing you to explore and sample Jamaica's 'real' side
- A visit to the Bob Marley museum in culturally vital Kingston is essential to appreciating the musical background of this island nation
- Practically untouched until the 1960s, the spectacular beaches and laid-back vibe of Negril have yet to be devoured by development
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1260 for 7 days
- Camp in the dunes of Wahiba Sands
- Spot green turtles in the coastal city of Sur
- Visit the historic forts of Nizwa, Jabrin and Bahla
- Hike and swim in the Wadis of Oman
GROUP TOUR from £1845 for 7 days
- The happiest land on earth, Bhutan is a hidden paradise with no traffic lights, laws governing minimum forest coverage and some amazing feats of archery.
- Only a small number of visitors are allowed into Bhutan each year. Its pretty special.
- The climb to Tigers nest while tough, is a richly rewarding and sobering experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2205 for 7 days
- Swim with the Galapagos penguins on Bartolome Island
- Hike to the summit of the Sierra Negra Volcano
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station