Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £940 for 8 days
- Spend just over week in Vietnam discovering the highlights and traditions of this colourful country. This quick trip takes you to all the famous destinations plus a few treasures off the beaten track
- Halong Bay is a strange paradise of green waters and rocky islands. Enjoy a cruise through the beautiful landscape and indulge in the bay's fresh seafood
- Go back in time at the ancient trading port of Hoi An. Experience the blend of influences from Europe and Asia, the nearby beaches and markets
GROUP TOUR from £1740 for 8 days
- Experience some traditional Omani hospitality with a one-night camping getaway under the stars in Wahiba Sands
- Discover Oman's most phenomenal fortresses and mosques, including the beautifully preserved Jabrin Fort
- Explore the busy fishing harbour of Muttrah and mine the bustling souq for hidden treasures – anything from unique silverware to frankincense
GROUP TOUR from £1085 for 8 days
- Be awed by the towering, windswept rock formations at Wadi Rum, and note how the colours change as the sun makes its way across the sky
- Get to know your Bedouin Camp hosts and their way of life, sleep under the stars in the desert Camp.
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury in Petra, often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Spend a day taking in the majesty and mystery of this unforgettable place
GROUP TOUR from £595 for 8 days
- Though this trip is just eight days long, it packs a punch with visits to Istanbul, Cappadocia and Ephesus while still leaving plenty of time to relax. Now that's a holiday.
- Enjoy a free day on the Aegean in the resort town of Kusadasi. You can check out Pamukkale's thermal pools, take a traditional boat trip along the coast or sit on the beach with a cool drink in hand.
- Taste local fruit wines in one of the best-preserved Greek Ottoman villages in the country. It's picture perfect.
GROUP TOUR from £1075 for 8 days
- Dubrovnik's charms reach far beyond the famed beautiful city walls. Explore the undisputed jewel of the Dalmatian Coast, and maybe cruise to Lokrum Island where a botanical garden, Benedictine monastery, and excellent swimming spots await
- Hvar Island seems to have it all: Renaissance architecture, beautiful beaches, lush green landscapes and excellent Dalmatian cuisine
- Split is a haven of relaxation and culture. Unwind with a walk along the waterfront promenade and explore the impressive ruins of Diocletian's Palace
GROUP TOUR from £1270 for 8 days
- Explore beautiful Split, a haven of relaxation and culture where tradition, modernity and a variety of European influences come together. Unwind with a walk along the waterfront promenade and explore the impressive ruins of Diocletian's Palace
- Feel the rich heritage of the former capital of Dalmatia with each step on the marble streets of Zadar, and taste it in the incredible food
- Discover why Croatia is on every foodie’s must-visit list. Stop by Pag Island, meet producers, and taste local specialties like paški sir cheese
GROUP TOUR from £1125 for 8 days
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Drift along pure spring-fed rivers past sparkling waterfalls, and then get the heart rushing riding the rapids of Zrmanja River by canoe or raft
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac
GROUP TOUR from £1150 for 8 days
- Short and sweet, this eight-day trip hits the 'must-sees' of Jamaica while allowing you to explore and sample Jamaica's 'real' side
- A visit to the Bob Marley museum in culturally vital Kingston is essential to appreciating the musical background of this island nation
- Practically untouched until the 1960s, the spectacular beaches and laid-back vibe of Negril have yet to be devoured by development
GROUP TOUR from £1686 for 8 days
- Walk through the unspoilt natural wonders of the Ring of Kerry
- Scramble about the clustered pillars of Giant's Causeway
- Explore the rugged coastline of the Aran Islands
GROUP TOUR from £645 for 8 days
- Lombok and the Gili Islands are less frequented than their Balinese neighbour, yet offer beautiful mountain scenery and pristine beaches
- Visiting the villages around Tetebatu and Senaru gives you an insight into local customs and culture
- Stay on the East Coast of Lombok in an area off the tourist trail. Take a snorkelling trip in the coral reef just a short trip off the coast and enjoy lunch on a secluded island.
GROUP TOUR from £995 for 8 days
- Red Square has long been at the heart of Russian history – visit the austere mausoleum of Lenin, the initiator of the 1917 Russian revolution, contrasting with the eye-bulging treasure collection in the Kremlin and Armoury Museum
- Discover the secrets of Russia’s oldest kremlin in Novgorod and see the Millennium Monument, which tells the story of 1,000 years of Russian history
- Share in traditional tastes with a visits to the homes of our local friends in Suzdal & St Petersburg for a hearty home cooked meal, piles of pancakes and endless cups of tea
GROUP TOUR from £1595 for 8 days
- Discover for yourself famed religious towns of Jericho, Bethlehem and Nazareth, and find out about daily life in the legendary city of Jerusalem as you chat with locals in the Old City on the way to the Western Wall
- Journey to the village of Taybeh to uncover daily Palestinian life, and sip a beer from the first micro brewery in the Middle East
- Look down on one of the world’s most amazing city skyline with views across Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives