Our Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £2455 for 22 days
- Get off the beaten track as you discover the raw desert landscapes and stunning coastline of Western Australia and the Kimberley in this ultimate overland adventure
- It may be a cliche, but life is all about the journey. Explore the major highlights between Perth and Darwin at a slower pace, allowing you to really get under the skin of a place
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky, Australian-style
GROUP TOUR from £2235 for 22 days
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of Heritage-listed Sukothai Park, then feast on a home-cooked picnic lunch
- Experience daily rural life firsthand in the north and the south of Thailand when staying with long-time Intrepid friends at 2 homestays
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Hospital of the Friends of the Asian Elephant
GROUP TOUR from £2187 for 22 days
- Now one of the world's most artistic and exciting cities, Berlin has a complex history. See remaining fragments of the famous wall that once divided the city in half
- Soak up the royal history of Krakow's Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through its medieval main square
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague before stepping right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov
GROUP TOUR from £1850 for 22 days
- Cycling is a great way to get out and see the landscape and meet the locals. Enjoy cycling trips out of Yogyakarta and Ubud through the backcountry, a world of flower-studded fields or rice paddies, and smiling locals
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Batur in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise views
GROUP TOUR from £3020 for 22 days
- The Art Walk in Madrid is every art lover's dream. In one small stretch you can browse the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, the Reina Sofia and the Prado, one of the world's most celebrated galleries
- It's easy to be consumed by the architecture, culture and vibrant nightlife of Barcelona, but the food available for consumption is just as good. Traditional Catalan dishes such as fideua (similar to seafood paella) and botifarra amb mongetes (haricot beans served with sausage) taste a little like heaven. The wine isn't bad either
- Gaudi's modern cathedral, La Sagrada Familia, is like no other building in the world. Still under construction after 130 years, this Gothic masterpiece embodies Barcelona's artistic and progressive heart
GROUP TOUR from £3078 for 22 days
- Take a guided walk around the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik, the 'Pearl of the Adriatic'
- Lake Ohrid straddles the border between Macedonia and Albania. Take a cruise on the stunning lake, which is also one of the oldest in Europe
- Albania's colourful capital of Tirana is on the verge of big changes, so visit before the rest of the world does. Enjoy Albanian hospitality and plenty of free time to explore this fascinating city
GROUP TOUR from £4410 for 22 days
- Spend the night aboard a boat among the spectacular scenery of the Doubtful Sound. Cruise through fjords and take in the natural beauty of this remote wilderness area
- Share amazing moments with your fellow travellers. As you'll be in a small group, the trip retains a fun, personalised atmosphere throughout
- Tour a network of caves in Waitomo and witness nature's illumination in a section lit up with glow worms
GROUP TOUR from £1499 for 22 days
- Witness the sunrise from Poon Hill
- Cross the formidable Thorong La, Nepal's most famous mountain pass
- Stay in teahouses and guesthouses along the Annapurna Circuit
- Spend time in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu
GROUP TOUR from £2890 for 22 days
- Experience peasant life on a full-day tour through the countryside of Maramures, Romania's most traditional and colourful region. Don't be surprised if you see horse-drawn carts along the road
- Learn spooky stories while travelling through beautiful Transylvania, famous for its medieval fortified churches and as the birthplace of the inspiration for the world's most famous vampire, Dracula
- A home-stay with a local family in the Saxon/Roma town of Viscri will expose you to Romanian hospitality and some finger-licking home-cooked grub
GROUP TOUR from £3349 for 23 days
- Stand face-to-face with the ‘Door to Hell’, Turkmenistan's giant burning gas pit
- See Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Visit the villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Learn the history of traders, preachers and invaders along the Silk Road
GROUP TOUR from £3705 for 23 days
- Experience this incredible bucketlist rail adventure through 3 countries.
- Overnight in a Mongolian Ger Camp.
- Visit 'Old Believers Village' in Ulan Ude, (Orthodox Christians who's way of life has changed very little since the 18th century).
GROUP TOUR from £2145 for 23 days
- Explore the colonial streets of Antigua
- Gawk at jungle creatures from the temples at Tikal
- Maybe swim with sharks around Caye Caulker