Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £810 for 5 days
- Fiesta the night away in Mexico City and get into the true spirit of this haunting ceremonial festival.
- Get the low-down on all of the traditions and rituals of the Day of the Dead festival, including taking part in making your own traditional altar offering.
- Get a taste of local art with a visit to the Frida Kahlo Museum in the Coyoacan neighbourhood. Check out the works in her former home, with her art often focused on the notion of death.
GROUP TOUR from £1105 for 6 days
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice and vikings. Follow the scenic 'Golden Circle', visiting geothermal springs and geysers, the mighty waterfall of Gullfoss and the site of the nation's first parliament at Thingvellir
- Discover Iceland's fascinating history on a guided tour of Reykjavik, which includes a visit to the massive Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- Drive along the island’s spectacular South Shore past the Reynisdrangar Rocks and volcanic black sand beaches
GROUP TOUR from £895 for 6 days
- This trip takes in the major highlights of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, and with an included flight between the two, you’ll have maximum time and not have to worry about long travel days
- Discover the contrasting sides to Cambodia’s history at Phnom Penh’s Tuoi Sieng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek, and the city’s Royal palace and Silver Pagoda
- Dine at the Friends restaurant to taste delicious local food and support an organisation that helps vulnerable local children
GROUP TOUR from £965 for 6 days
- Rise with the sun and watch saffron-robed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- See the crowning-jewel of Laos' spiritual monuments – Pha That Luang, a shining Buddhist stupa that sits on ground that has been considered holy for thousands of years.
- Splash in the blue waters of Kuang Si Waterfall, where multi-tiered cascades ensconced by thick jungle give the appearance of a Laotian Eden.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2800 for 6 days
- Explore chimpanzee country in Kibale National Park
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Interact with indigenous forest communities
GROUP TOUR from £1600 for 7 days
- Three to four star hand-picked twin share accommodation, amazing inclusions such as a Port Macquarie sunset cruise.
- Amazing local food experiences such as a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay
- Small group travel, maximum of 16 people
GROUP TOUR from £1780 for 7 days
- Slow the pace and visit some places in Tasmania that are off the tourist track such as Maria Island
- Stay in unique four star accommodation such as the converted Thousand Lakes Lodge, which was once an antarctic training base, and Cradle Mountain Hotel at the foot of the mountain itself
- Travel with a local guide who is passionate about all things Tasmania
GROUP TOUR from £850 for 7 days
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or relax and take the train
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cuzco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
GROUP TOUR from £1349 for 7 days
- Lima's historic centre, including the Basilica Cathedral and catacombs
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, set against its dramatic Andean backdrop
- Vibrant markets, Inca museums and Spanish churches of Cuzco
GROUP TOUR from £1640 for 7 days
- Admire beautiful green pastures as you drive along roads bordered with flowers on your excursion to Capelinhos volcano
- Enjoy a whale-watching tour on a small-boat excursion with an experienced guide who’ll offer insights into the lives of these amazing creatures
- Hike to the top of Pico da Esperanca, the highest point in all of Portugal!
GROUP TOUR from £1230 for 7 days
- Short and sweet, this eight-day trip hits the 'must-sees' of Jamaica while allowing you to explore and sample Jamaica's 'real' side
- A visit to the Bob Marley museum in culturally vital Kingston is essential to appreciating the musical background of this island nation
- Practically untouched until the 1960s, the spectacular beaches and laid-back vibe of Negril have yet to be devoured by development
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1260 for 7 days
- Camp in the dunes of Wahiba Sands
- Spot green turtles in the coastal city of Sur
- Visit the historic forts of Nizwa, Jabrin and Bahla
- Hike and swim in the Wadis of Oman