Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar. These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £1195 for 10 days
- Transylvania conjures up images of haunted castles, gothic churches and vampires. Where better to spend Halloween than in the 12th-century town of Sighisoara, the birthplace of Count Dracula? Things are about to get medi-evil
- Visit Biertan’s 15th-century fortified church, equipped to withstand long sieges and shelter the whole village in times of war. There’s even a ‘matrimonial prison’ where couples wanting to divorce were subjected to the Middle Ages’ idea of marriage counselling
- A home-stay with a local family in the traditional Saxon village of Viscri exposes you to Romanian hospitality and some finger-licking home-cooked food
GROUP TOUR from £1495 for 10 days
- Azerbaijan's cosmopolitan capital of Baku is often referred to as the 'new Dubai'. Enjoy a guided walking tour around the city's World Heritage-listed Old Town
- The Caucasus Mountains will take your breath away, thanks to its mud volcanoes, ancient mosques, lush forests and tall peaks
- Enjoy lunch with a local family where you'll sample delicious homemade food, wine and Georgian grape water 'Chacha'
GROUP TOUR from £2245 for 10 days
- Find out why Fondue was once promoted as a Swiss national dish by the Swiss Cheese Union
- Discover one of Europe's oldest, most beautiful libraries during your visit to St Gallen
- Explore Bern by e-bike and find out why this city is so relaxed and easy going.
GROUP TOUR from £1540 for 10 days
- This incredible journey takes you through parts of Central Asia that few people can find on a map, let alone have considered travelling to.
- Steeped in Silk Road history and immortalised in many great tales, the UNESCO-protected town of Khiva is as photogenic as it is legendary.
- Explore the sprawling ruins of Mary, Merv and other ancient kingdoms and contemplate the remnants of empires that once ruled these vast lands.
GROUP TOUR from £518 for 10 days
- Scale the High Atlas Mountains and trek through scenic Berber villages, spending a night in a traditional Berber homestay. Discover the culture and tradition of an indigenous population who have stood the test of time
- Negotiate your way through the winding alleys of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a superb example of Moroccan architecture rich in history and mystery
- Moroccan cuisine is interpreted throughout the world in different ways. While in Ait Benhaddou, master the way traditional way of preparing Moroccan couscous and tagines
GROUP TOUR from £900 for 10 days
- Learn about the dark history and rebuilding of Bosnia and Herzegovina on a walking tour of Sarajevo
- Visit Mostar’s famous Old Bridge and witness a traditional bridge jumper hurl themselves into the icy waters below
- Enjoy plenty of free time to discover the communist past and progressive vibe of Budapest, the 'Pearl of the Danube'
GROUP TOUR from £2500 for 10 days
- Discover one of the most awe-inspiring mountain ranges in the world: the great Canadian Rockies. The Icefields Parkway between Jasper and Banff is one of the most scenic drives on Earth. Sit back and enjoy the ride, without the hassle of driving
- Explore the stunning floral displays at Victoria's Butchart Gardens. Whether it's roses of summer or tulips in spring, the gardens are lovely at any time of year
- Climb aboard the epic PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola and be transported from Whistler to the Blackcomb Mountains, keeping an eye out for black bears in the forest below. There are some fantastic hikes at the top of both mountains
GROUP TOUR from £1955 for 10 days
- Discover the rhythms of Rio
- Check out Buenos Aires' eclectic neigbourhoods
- Admire stunning Iguazu Falls from both the Argentinean and Brazilian sides
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1545 for 10 days
- Sleep under the stars in Wadi Rum
- Discover the rose red city of Petra
- Explore the sacred cities of Bethlehem and Jerusalem
- Float in the therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £5995 for 10 days
- Travel to one of the most remote and seldom visited regions on earth
- Hike among the thatched-hut villages and mountain grandeur of Baliem Valley
- Dive and snorkel in the real-life aquarium at Pulau Biak
- Interact with the unique tribal culture of the Dani people
GROUP TOUR from £2396 for 10 days
- Discover two very different sides of Chile – the big-city pusle of soulful Santiago and the adventure-fuelled atmosphere of lakeside Puerto Natales
- Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier must be seen to be believed. This massive, blue-hued natural wonder is one of Patagonia's real crown jewels
- Trek past granite pillars, sparkling lakes and gushing waterfalls in Torres del Paine National Park on a four-day camping trip with all your meals taken care of
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1925 for 10 days
- Search for lemurs in Amber Mountain National Park
- Hike amongst the tsingy of Ankarana National Park
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of Nosy Komba