Our Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £675 for 8 days
- Arrive in the heaving, hedonistic metropolis of Rio de Janeiro and practice your samba on the streets of Lapa.
- Visit some of Brazil's biggest icons, including Christ Redeemer, Ipanema Beach and Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Party down with the locals in the streets of colonial Paraty, where Portugal meets Brazil, jungle meets sea and relaxation meets adventure.
GROUP TOUR from £788 for 8 days
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of the world wonder of Petra. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is unforgettable
- Experience the best weightlessness this side of outer space with an effortless float in the super-salty waters of the Dead Sea
- Hop in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum, a rugged moonscape of huge sandstone mountains
GROUP TOUR from £1605 for 8 days
- Ride the rails through St Moritz’s staggering mountain scenery on the Bernina Express. The region is home to alpine forests, fast-flowing rivers and Eastern Switzerland’s highest summit, the Piz Bernina
- Spend a day exploring the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, criss-crossing the lake by ferry. Taking a turn about the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi can make you feel just a bit fancy, then see the shore from the vantage point of your kayak
- It may be eaten all over the world, but Italy really knows how to do pasta. Indulge in ambrosial Italian fare in Tirano, famous for pizzoccheri, a type of tagliatelle cooked with potatoes, cabbage and cheese
GROUP TOUR from £493 for 8 days
- Float among the clouds over Jaipur and watch an Indian sunrise from the basket of a hot air balloon
- The Taj Mahal is not only an sumptuous masterpiece of Indian architecture, but also a truly meaningful stop on any traveller’s journey
- Overlooking the picturesque scene of Moata Lake, the monumental Amber Fort is one sight that will forever be under India’s protection
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2500 for 8 days
- Head out at dawn for a foot safari to study the smaller flora and fauna often missed on game drive
- Set off for a full-day game drive before finishing at the Bush Rover, your exclusive mobile camp with private chef, guide and waiter
GROUP TOUR from £1088 for 8 days
- A guided walking tour of Old Havana sheds lights on the difference between the lives of city and rural life in Cuba
- Take in all the colours and aromas of Soroa, the stunning valley area known as the 'rainbow of Cuba'
- Stroll along the rural dirt roads of Vinales as tractors, vintage cars and horse-drawn carriages pass you by
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 8 days
- Cruise through the back waters along Kerala's palm-fringed canals
- Spend 2 days surrounded by lush greenary in Vanilla County
- Stay in a stylish beach resort in the picturesque fishing village or Mararikulam
- Enjoy an evening of enthralling classical dance-drama of Kerala
- Spend a morning on a sight seeing tour of Fort Cochin
GROUP TOUR from £1391 for 8 days
- Discover the colonial charm, neoclassical plazas and stylish neighbourhoods of Santiago. This city is packed full of history and is a great place to explore on foot
- Wind through the country lanes of the Mendoza wine region - the world’s largest producer of Malbec. During this trip you'll have ample opportunity to refine your palate by tasting varietals of one of South America's favourite wines
- Take part in the daily routines and duties of a gaucho on a traditional Argentinian estancia, a unique retreat for any traveller
GROUP TOUR from £688 for 8 days
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of Heritage-listed Sukothai Park, then feast on a home-cooked picnic lunch
- Experience daily rural life firsthand when staying with long-time Intrepid friends in a small Thai village
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Hospital of the Friends of the Asian Elephant
GROUP TOUR from £1429 for 8 days
- Spectacular varied scenery
- Whale and dolphin watching tours included
- Visit Sete Cidades Crater Lakes and Fire Lake
- Excellent birdwatching opportunities
GROUP TOUR from £949 for 8 days
- See Brown bears from a hide
- Discover one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Europe
- Have a unique opportunity to observe a great variety of wildlife in its
- Hike through meadows, forests and along mountain trails
- Stay in comfortable private guesthouse providing an authentic Carpathian
experience and a very warm welcome
GROUP TOUR from £3019 for 8 days
- Incredible wildlife viewing in the natural sanctuary of the Ngorongoro
- A chance to see the infamous tree climbing lions of Manyara and the
- The vast wide open plains of the Serengeti, teeming with wildlife
- Dates scheduled around the wildebeest migration
- The enormous elephant herds of Tarangire National Park