Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £2825 for 20 days
- Climb aboard and discover Russia, Mongolia and China on one of the world’s greatest and most epic journeys.Here's just some of what is in store for you: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/picture-worth-8000-kilometres-trans-mongolian/
- Share in traditional tastes with a visit to the home of one of our local friends – indulge in a meal of hearty regional flavours and assist the family in baking pastries
- Live life on the shores of magnificent Lake Baikal in a Siberian village
GROUP TOUR from £2495 for 20 days
- Azerbaijan's cosmopolitan capital of Baku is often referred to as the 'new Dubai'. Enjoy a guided walking tour around the city's World Heritage-listed Old Town.
- Mud volcanoes, ancient mosques, lush forests and tall peaks – the Caucasus Mountains will take your breath away
- Journey to the Svaneti region of Georgia, the remote and alluring land of snow-capped mountains, medieval-style tower-houses and a fascinating local dialect.
GROUP TOUR from £1485 for 20 days
- Travel to both popular and lesser-known destinations in Vietnam, including tourist hotspots like Halong Bay and hidden gems such as Quy Nhon
- See Vietnam through an exciting mix of transport, including motorbike, basket boat, dragon boat, junk boat, bus and train
- Experience local life during homestays in the Mekong Delta and Mai Chau. Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal
GROUP TOUR from £3045 for 20 days
- Enjoy a full day to explore the USA capital, Washington DC, at your leisure. See the White House, Capitol Hill and the National Mall, and feel small next to the statue of Abraham Lincoln.
- The hubs of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans are celebrated for their rich music and nightlife scenes, with unforgettable performances of blues, jazz, country and rock.
- The Grand Canyon National Park takes time to discover – you'll spend two nights in the park, unlike on most trips, so there's a full day to explore properly and see the mighty canyon up close.
GROUP TOUR from £2860 for 20 days
- Visit the spectacular mountain-top village of Zahara de la Sierra and enjoy an olive oil tasting at a local family-run mill.
- Granada is a city like no other. Explore the outstanding Alhambra Palace, wander through the mythic Moorish quarter and feast on the city's world-renowned cuisine – all with the benefit of local knowledge.
- Visit the grand Mosque of Hassan II in Casablanca, one of the most impressive temples in Morocco, before exploring the sights of the country's first imperial city of Meknes.
GROUP TOUR from £1645 for 20 days
- See the amazing contrasts between North & South China
- Visit the famous Terracotta Warriors
- Stay overnight in a unique Hakka village roundhouse
GROUP TOUR from £1995 for 20 days
- Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife - evocative Havana is like nowhere else on earth. See the difference between city and country or coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
- Take inspiration from the locals and mix things up with a bicycle-taxi tour of the colonial city of Camaguey
- Enjoy over two free days in Trinidad. Practice your Spanish in a language class, loll about on an unspoilt Caribbean beach or peddle through sugar plantations on a charmingly rickety bicycle
GROUP TOUR from £2346 for 20 days
- Wander among the richly decorated temples of Angkor
- Experience local life on a Mekong homestay
- Be seduced by the riverside charms of Phnom Penh
GROUP TOUR from £2705 for 21 days
- Slurp spicy laksa in charming Kuching
- Look out for cheeky monkeys in Bako National Park
- Experience sunrise from the Mt Kinabalu summit
GROUP TOUR from £2215 for 22 days
- Gunung Leuser National Park is your best chance in all of Indonesia to see orangutans in the wild. This diverse ecosystem also harbours some 300 bird species and the endangered Sumatran tiger
- The excellent Bukit Lawang Eco Lodge provides a unique jungle experience, and by staying there you support the Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme
- Climb the Sibayak Volcano, enjoy a picnic at its spectacular summit, then head to local hot springs for some well-earned rest and relaxation after the descent
GROUP TOUR from £761 for 22 days
- Experience old and new India in the bustling streets of Delhi, where ancient temples stand against billboards advertising Bollywood films
- Discover the ancient forts, lake palaces, rural villages and colourful cities of Rajasthan: sandy red Jaisalmer, blue Jodhpur, white Udaipur and pink Jaipur
- Ride out into the Thar Desert on a camel safari. Feast on Rajasthani cuisine at sunset before bunking down to camp between the sand dunes
GROUP TOUR from £1840 for 22 days
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of the world wonder of Petra. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is unforgettable
- Take an effortless float in the super-salty waters of the Dead Sea on a swim like no other
- Hop in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum, a rugged moonscape of huge sandstone mountains