Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place.
You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu.
See the real country and experience life as the locals do. Tour the sights of the old imperial capital of Hue from the back of a motorbike, spend the night in a traditional Kazakh yurt along the Silk Road, or lose yourself in the aromas of Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
Meet local people
These are trips that will get you into the heart of the local community, with homestays and dinners with local families.
Captivating culture & history
You’ll have plenty of time to explore the landmarks, from the temples of Southeast Asia and the monuments of South America to the historical sites of the cities of Europe and the natural splendour of the US National Parks.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £570 for 9 days
- Widely regarded as Morocco's holiest place, overnight visits to Moulay Idriss were prohibited to non-Muslims until 2005. Experience a homestay with a charming local family; if you’re lucky, you might even get an invite to a cooking demonstration by the ladies of the house
- Enjoy plenty of time to practise your photography among the vivid blue houses of Chefchaouen
- Relive a glorious medieval past in Fes city. While many tourists get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the medina, you'll have a local guide to show you the way
GROUP TOUR from £855 for 9 days
- Explore two of the oldest colonial towns in Central America – Granada and Leon. Both cities are packed with colourful historic architecture, interesting museums and plenty of vibrant shops, cafes and restaurants
- Volcanoes, wildlife-rich rainforest, stunning beaches and ancient rock carvings - Ometepe Island has it all. You'll have plenty of free time to explore the island, which is set into beautiful Lake Nicaragua
- Spend time at Los Ramos, a local indigenous community on Ometepe Island, to experience a slice of local island life. Learn how to make tasty traditional Nicaraguan dishes, then sit down for a meal
GROUP TOUR from £955 for 9 days
- The ingenious design of medieval fortress town Cuenca sees beautiful buildings built into the jagged cliffs the city is built on
- Walk through the dense and mist-laden elfin forest of Podocarpus National Park, where high-elevation results in miniature, moss covered trees
- Barter over brightly coloured handwoven textiles at the Otavalo market, nestled in a valley under three mountain peaks
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 9 days
- Discover Petra's secrets, with two full days at the labyrinthine rose-red
- Experience Bedouin life at a desert camp in Wadi Rum
- Stroll through the ancient streets of Roman Jerash
- Float in the mystical Dead Sea
- Visit Mt Nebo, claimed to be Moses' burial site
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1195 for 9 days
- Spot fireflies on a night walk through the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Spend the day with a family on a traditional Costa Rican farm
- Unwind on the pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio
GROUP TOUR from £1179 for 9 days
- Explore Baroque heritage in Noto and Ragusa Ibla
- Visit archaeological sites in Siracusa, Agrigento and Selinunte
- Cover the island's highlights and best heritage sites in nine days
GROUP TOUR from £1049 for 9 days
- See the unforgettable Taj Mahal
- Search for the elusive tiger
- Meander along the Ganges at Varanasi
- Sample flavoursome and familiar curries