Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £490 for 4 days
- Find peace with the relaxing sounds of crashing waves, the smell of salt spray, and a yoga session overlooking the ocean.
- Take bracing walks through the mining history of Cornwall and along dramatic, rugged clifftops, as you reconnect with nature.
- Taste the true flavour of Cornwall with a traditional pasty, after a hike round a headland that lives up to its official designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
GROUP TOUR from £824 for 4 days
- Stay on a sustainably run, working farm and enjoy farm to table meals.
- See the iconic sites of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle, including Gulfoss Waterfall, Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- Take a guided quad biking tour of the Icelandic countryside, driving through rolling hills and visiting a remote cave.
GROUP TOUR from £657 for 4 days
- Get a true taste of Veneto as you explore the terraced vineyards and rolling hills of the home of Prosecco, supporting local wineries and sampling on some of the world’s best bubbly.
- Take advantage of a whole day to explore the maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands of Venice.
- Make the most of your host's local knowledge with a backstreets walking tour of Venice, snacking on cicchetti and sipping on vino in a typical community osteria.
GROUP TOUR from £590 for 4 days
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £297 for 4 days
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
GROUP TOUR from £711 for 4 days
- Soak up the sights and sounds of seaside Matosinhos and tuck into a traditional lunch of grilled sardines caught and cooked straight from the Atlantic.
- Let the emotion of Portugal’s soul music wash over you during an intimate Fado performance in a small local theatre in Porto.
- Get a true taste for the region with a host-led sampling session of the city’s signature fortified wine after exploring Porto’s narrow lanes and charming buildings.
GROUP TOUR from £385 for 4 days
- Discover the out of this planet landscape of Cappadocia with its incredible fairy chimneys, troglodyte dwellings, cave churches of Goreme and Uchisar Rock Castle.
- Visit one of Cappadocia’s most famous wineries.
- Hike the beautiful Red Valley.
GROUP TOUR from £1049 for 4 days
- Visit the ghost town of Pripyat and the disaster site Reactor No. 4
- Includes special permit to enter the Nuclear Power Plant
- Spend one night within the abandoned Chernobyl's Exclusion Zone
- See Kiev's main heritage sites including UNESCO Lavra Monastery
GROUP TOUR from £600 for 4 days
- Walk on the verge of an extinct volcanic crater
- View the ruined ceremonial village of Orongo
- Play on the pure white sands of Anakena Beach
GROUP TOUR from £425 for 4 days
- Enjoy plenty of tacos, quesadillas and delicious elotes (charred corn) while eating your way through Mexico City's street food scene.
- Picture life in Mexico 2000 years ago while strolling down the 'Avenue of the Dead' and marvelling at the ancient Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon.
- Taste pulque, which is made from the fermented sap of the maguey (agave) plant, and dates back 2000 years
GROUP TOUR from £702 for 5 days
- Bring the history and stories of Ancient Greece to life with the insider knowledge of a local host on a visit to the world-famous Acropolis.
- Uncover stunning views and the local way of life with hikes through the island’s charming hilltop villages, from the fortress-like Ano Syros to the cave dwellings of ancient philosophers.
- Taste the traditional flavours of the island with a dinner as you watch a Syros sunset over the Aegean and Rembetika music floats around you.
GROUP TOUR from £675 for 5 days
- Learn what a self-sustaining lifestyle looks like when you spend a day at sea with a local fisherman and his wife.
- Support local wine producers and enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at a local winery.
- Get back to nature with a guided bike ride through the centre of the island of Lastovo.