Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £1899 for 22 days
- New improved route for 2020 using New Annapurna Trekking Trails (NATT)
- One of the world's classic treks
- Cross the formidable Thorong La pass
- Chance to see the sunrise from Poon Hill
- Dramatically changing scenery
- Time in Kathmandu and Pokhara
GROUP TOUR from £2799 for 22 days
- Experience peasant life on a full-day tour through the countryside of Maramures, Romania's most traditional and colourful region. Don't be surprised if you see horse-drawn carts along the road
- Learn spooky stories while travelling through beautiful Transylvania, famous for its medieval fortified churches and as the birthplace of the inspiration for the world's most famous vampire, Dracula
- A home-stay with a local family in the Saxon/Roma town of Viscri will expose you to Romanian hospitality and some finger-licking home-cooked grub
GROUP TOUR from £4199 for 23 days
- ‘Door to Hell’ giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Post Soviet grand monuments
- History of traders, preachers and invaders
GROUP TOUR from £3082 for 23 days
- Experience this incredible bucketlist rail adventure through 3 countries.
- Overnight in a Mongolian Ger Camp.
- Visit 'Old Believers Village' in Ulan Ude, (Orthodox Christians who's way of life has changed very little since the 18th century).
GROUP TOUR from £1629 for 23 days
- Cruise the sea of the limestone karst studded Halong Bay
- Spend a day in Hue, touring the city's sights on a motorbike, cruising down Perfume River and eating lunch at a serene nunnery
- Confront the sobering but important Khmer history in Phnom Penh, with included visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choeung Ek Memorial
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £5750 for 24 days
- Trek through the cloud forests of Pico Bonito
- Snorkel in Shark Ray Alley, Belize
- Horseback ride to an ancient Mayan burial site
GROUP TOUR from £5059 for 24 days
- Hike Peru's iconic Inca Trail
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- Meet near-extinct Galapagos tortoises
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3650 for 24 days
- Discover the historic cities of the Kathmandu Valley
- Search for wildlife in the jungles of Chitwan National Park
- Explore the remote monasteries of Tibet
- Travel on the breathtaking mountain pass of the Southern Friendship Highway
GROUP TOUR from £2290 for 24 days
- The Art Walk in Madrid is every art lover's dream. In one small stretch you can browse the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, the Reina Sofia and the Prado, one of the world's most celebrated galleries
- Wander around Salamanca's Plaza Mayor at night, lit up to reveal its intricate architecture
- Sample the culinary delights and contrasts of Spain, Portugal and Morocco - three countries that are celebrated around the world for their cuisine
GROUP TOUR from £3105 for 25 days
- Trek jungle trails and track wildlife with local experts in the Amazon rainforest and spend two nights sleeping among nature in lodges.
- Marvel at the mother of all Inca cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins and free time to explore on your own.
- Take a boat tour on Lake Titicaca – the world's highest navigable lake – then alight at a floating island made of reeds for a unique homestay.
GROUP TOUR from £4761 for 26 days
- Norway's fjords feature some of the most stunning scenery on Earth. Cruise past waterfalls and snow-capped peaks through the narrow Naeroyfjord
- Discover Stockholm's maritime history at the Vasa Museum, which houses an original wooden war ship from 1628. This impressive vessel gives you a rare glimpse into the naval power Sweden was once famous for
- With its perfectly preserved medieval wall and watchtowers, Tallinn's quaint Old Town is a great place to explore on foot
GROUP TOUR from £3438 for 26 days
- Central Asia is a fascinating and unique mix of ancient Silk Road culture, post-soviet culture and striving to redefine nations post independence. Geographically and for a time historically, it is the real centre of Asia
- The much-photographed Registan in Samarkand is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture. You'll be wowed by the scale, grandeur and beauty of the monuments to iconic figures such as Tamerlane and the Persian influenced madressas, mosques and mausoleums
- Experience for yourself the legend that is Central Asian hospitality - there's really nothing like being welcomed into a local home or yurt for a meal, chatting with stall holders at bazaars or simply marvelling at the sights alongside locals