Discovery and Adventure
Imaginative Traveller's Discovery trips are designed to showcase the very best a region has to offer; immerse yourself in the culture, spend time with local people and discover the real essence of a place. You could find yourself learning the art of tajine-making at a homestay in Morocco, wandering the temples of Angkor Wat, taking a canoe safari in Botswana, lazing on secluded beaches in Cuba or marvelling at the ruins of Machu Picchu. See the real country and experience life with expert local guides.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Discovery trips
GROUP TOUR from £1422 for 26 days
- Enjoy the guidance of a local expert as you temple-hop at the dazzling Angkor complex, one of Southeast Asia's premier sites
- Your homestays in the rural village of Chambok, Cambodia, and in the Mekong Delta will give you the chance to experience life with the locals and enjoy some delicious home cooked meals!
- Enjoy some beach time in Sihanoukville and Nha Trang
GROUP TOUR from £2898 for 26 days
- Learn about the dark history and rebuilding of Bosnia and Herzegovina on a walking tour of Sarajevo, then visit Mostar’s famous Old Bridge and witness a traditional bridge jumper hurl themselves into the icy waters below
- Immerse yourself in the edgy street scene of Belgrade's Bohemian Quarter, then dance the night away in one of Europe’s nightlife hotspots
- Split is a haven of relaxation and culture. Unwind with a walk along the waterfront promenade and admire the impressive ruins of Diocletian's Palace
GROUP TOUR from £3168 for 26 days
- Roam the Amazon jungle at night while pretending you're David Attenborough (it has a calming influence). Float down the river, keeping an out for the glaring eyes of jaguars and caimans.
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca seem like the sort of thing Pixar would come up with. Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village.
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Inca QuarryTrail or take the scenic train route to Machu Picchu, trust us, this is going to be one of the highlights of your life.
GROUP TOUR from £4068 for 27 days
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence
- Experience the two sides of Jinja, a riverside retreat at the source of the Nile but also the adventure capital of Uganda
- Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater and the savannas of the Serengeti in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino and the Big 5.
GROUP TOUR from £2912 for 27 days
- Explore the stunning Serengeti and discover animals unlike any you have ever seen
- Partake in community activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas
- Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £4150 for 28 days
- Get the chance to see Orangutans swinging freely through the rainforest
- Visit the Sultan’s Palace, the traditional palace of Yogyakarta’s King, situated in the centre of Yogyakarta City
- Trek to the top of the Wawo Muda volcano
GROUP TOUR from £2997 for 28 days
- Explore the stunning natural areas including Khao Sok National Park, Ao Thaland near Krabi, and Green Canyon near Pangandaran
- Get to know Thailand and Malaysian cultures through their food. Taste Thai traditions while learning how to cook an authentic Southern Thai dish with a village homestay host, sample Hawker food in Penang, and take a food tour through Kuala Lumpur
- Travel by train, bus, bicycle, boat, cycle rickshaw, kayak and by foot - all the best ways to get you close to the attractions and chatting to the locals
GROUP TOUR from £2835 for 28 days
- Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as view them from the Zimbabwe side
- Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A Unesco World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
- Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
GROUP TOUR from £3172 for 29 days
- - Soak up the royal history of Krakow's Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through the city's medieval main square
- - Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague before stepping right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov
- - So much of what is great about Europe can be found in Vienna. Revel in the city's rich offerings of art, history and music and stroll along the eclectic Ringstrasse
GROUP TOUR from £3744 for 29 days
- It's easy to be consumed by the architecture, culture and vibrant nightlife of Barcelona, but the food available for consumption is just as good. Traditional Catalan dishes such as fideua (similar to seafood paella) and botifarra amb mongetes (haricot beans served with sausage) taste a little like heaven. The wine isn't bad either
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre are iconic French institutions. Spend plenty of free time in Paris to see the major attractions as well the city's hidden gems
- Brussels is easily explored on foot and also has a great public transport system. Venture to the outskirts of the city and back without losing big chunks of your time
GROUP TOUR from £2714 for 30 days
- Soak up the atmosphere of Hanoi
- Cruise Halong Bay on a junk boat
- Feel the pulsating energy of Thailand's capital, Bangkok
GROUP TOUR from £5211 for 30 days
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu are a majestic destination, no matter how you get there
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca are a marvel of concept, construction and history. Take a boat tour on the lake and spend the night with a local family in a traditional island community
- The Amazon Jungle is known as the world's lungs. Get a glimpse into a wild place with some of the largest biodiversity on Earth