Our Expedition trips are those that really push the boundaries of adventure! These are special departures that get into some incredibly remote and seldom-visited areas of the world, or aim for specific events or festivals. Truly off the beaten track, these are very unique and imaginative itineraries that are as far away from the typical tourist experience as you'll ever get!
Far from the beaten trail
Whether experiencing life like a nomad as you traverse the Djibouti landscape, trekking through Colombian jungles to reach the incredible Lost City, or discovering tribal traditions in the seldom-visited and final frontier of Papua, Imaginative Traveller’s Expeditions will take you places few get the chance to visit.
The boundaries of adventure
Our imaginative Expeditions are far from standard itineraries. You might find yourself lacing up your running shoes for a marathon course along the Great Wall of China, exploring the Pamir-Alay region of Kyrgyzstan (often called the Asian Patagonia), or learning how to hunt and gather from the Yolngu people of East Arnhem Land. These aren’t trips for the faint-hearted.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Expedition trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2800 for 6 days
- Explore chimpanzee country in Kibale National Park
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Interact with indigenous forest communities
GROUP TOUR from £3435 for 7 days
- Join us for privileged and exclusive access to East Arnhem Land.
- Take part in traditional hunting, fishing, and gathering on country
- Learn about gender roles and responsibilities, kinship and moiety, stories about the area and history of the region
GROUP TOUR from £3855 for 8 days
- Get right up close to king, gentoo and magellanic penguins on the beach.
- Explore various Falklands War battle sites and get a sense of the scope of the conflict synonymous with the islands.
- Discover the surreal British outpost that is Stanley – complete with pubs and an Anglican cathedral.
GROUP TOUR from £881 for 8 days
- Trek on the famous Mount Etna (3350m), the highest and most active volcano in Europe.
- Take a guided excursion to the summit area of Stromboli with a certified volcano guide
- Spend some time bathing in Vulcano's hot springs and mud baths
- Follow a panoramic trail along Lipari's western and wildest coast
GROUP TOUR from £1140 for 9 days
- Spend a night in a family-run guesthouse in the countryside near the Great Wall
- Participate in a marathon run along the greatest wall in the world. (Full/Half or 10km)
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see it when face-to-face with thousands of Terracotta Warriors (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!)
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £5995 for 10 days
- Travel to one of the most remote and seldom visited regions on earth
- Hike among the thatched-hut villages and mountain grandeur of Baliem Valley
- Dive and snorkel in the real-life aquarium at Pulau Biak
- Interact with the unique tribal culture of the Dani people
GROUP TOUR from £2450 for 11 days
- Get up close and personal with whale sharks in the Bay of Ghoubbet on a snorkelling adventure
- Sleep overnight in a traditional Afar hut at Campement Touristique d’Asboley, perched on a hill with spectacular views
- Watch sunrise from the shores of Lake Abbe, which featured in the original ‘Planet Of The Apes’ movie thanks to its famous chimneys, salt flats and hot springs.
GROUP TOUR from £1919 for 12 days
- Kick off in Asuncion, Paraguay’s understated but loveable capital. A guided tour in and around the city takes in everything from historic mud cottages to Paraguayan embroidery
- Visit the colonial town of Yaguaron, famous for its ornately painted Franciscan church which was once described as the most beautiful church in the Americas
- The lush wetlands of Neembucu boast some 279 different bird species, and on two separate drives through the area there’ll be ample opportunity to spot some
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1550 for 12 days
- Explore Osh, an ancient and pivotal center on the Silk Road
- Trek to the foot of Sabakh and Aksu Peaks - 5,000 meter snow capped giants
- Cross Udobniy Pass (4,410m), offering fantastic panoramic views of Uryam River and the surrounding ridges with their majestic peaks
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Kyrgyzstan local herdsmen
GROUP TOUR from £2574 for 14 days
- Truly off the beaten track, Kazakhstan sees few travellers, especially outside Almaty and capital Astana. Feel the remoteness of Central Asia on this one-of-a-kind expedition
- Visit dusty Baikonur, the hub of the Soviet – and now Russian – space program. Check out the Cosmodrome, the world’s oldest and largest spaceport, and witness a manned rocket launch
- Explore the Aral Sea, which suffered environmental and humanitarian devastation in the 60s due to Soviet irrigation projects. Enjoy a homestay with local friends and meet those working with an NGO to restore the area
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1595 for 14 days
- Discover the bustling city of Bogotá by bike
- White water rafting on the legendary Rio Fonce
- Undertake an epic 4 day jungle trek to the Lost City
- Hammock camp in Tayrona National Park
- Explore the UNESCO Heritage city of Cartagena
GROUP TOUR from £2485 for 15 days
- Rub shoulders with the locals as you experience overnight train travel in Russia
- Meet the local Nenets people, the Siberian Arctic's indigenous reindeer herders
- Visit a traditional Nenets campsite and see the reindeers up close