Our Expedition trips are those that really push the boundaries of adventure! These are special departures that get into some incredibly remote and seldom-visted areas of the world, or aim for specific events or festivals. Truly off the beaten track, these are very unique and imaginative itineraries that are as far away from the typical tourist experience as you'll ever get!
Our Expedition trips
GROUP TOUR from £3092 for 7 days
- Join us for privileged and exclusive access to East Arnhem Land.
- Take part in traditional hunting, fishing, and gathering on country
- Learn about gender roles and responsibilities, kinship and moiety, stories about the area and history of the region
GROUP TOUR from £3855 for 8 days
- Get right up close to king, gentoo and magellanic penguins on the beach.
- Explore various Falklands War battle sites and get a sense of the scope of the conflict synonymous with the islands.
- Discover the surreal British outpost that is Stanley – complete with pubs and an Anglican cathedral.
GROUP TOUR from £1140 for 9 days
- Spend a night in a family-run guesthouse in the countryside near the Great Wall
- Participate in a marathon run along the greatest wall in the world. (Full/Half or 10km)
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see it when face-to-face with thousands of Terracotta Warriors (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!)
GROUP TOUR from £1905 for 10 days
- Truly off the beaten track, Kazakhstan sees few travellers, especially outside Almaty and capital Astana. Feel the remoteness of Central Asia on this one-of-a-kind expedition
- Visit dusty Baikonur, the hub of the Soviet – and now Russian – space program. Check out the Cosmodrome, the world’s oldest and largest spaceport, and witness a manned rocket launch
- Explore the Aral Sea, which suffered environmental and humanitarian devastation in the 60s due to Soviet irrigation projects. Enjoy a homestay with local friends and meet those working with an NGO to restore the area
GROUP TOUR from £2328 for 11 days
- Get up close and personal with whale sharks in the Bay of Ghoubbet on a snorkelling adventure
- Sleep overnight in a traditional Afar hut at Campement Touristique d’Asboley, perched on a hill with spectacular views
- Watch sunrise from the shores of Lake Abbe, which featured in the original ‘Planet Of The Apes’ movie thanks to its famous chimneys, salt flats and hot springs.
GROUP TOUR from £2020 for 12 days
- Kick off in Asuncion, Paraguay’s understated but loveable capital. A guided tour in and around the city takes in everything from historic mud cottages to Paraguayan embroidery
- Visit the colonial town of Yaguaron, famous for its ornately painted Franciscan church which was once described as the most beautiful church in the Americas
- The lush wetlands of Neembucu boast some 279 different bird species, and on two separate drives through the area there’ll be ample opportunity to spot some
GROUP TOUR from £2460 for 15 days
- Rub shoulders with the locals as you experience overnight train travel in Russia
- Meet the local Nenets people, the Siberian Arctic's indigenous reindeer herders
- Visit a traditional Nenets campsite and see the reindeers up close
GROUP TOUR from £3349 for 23 days
- ‘Door to Hell’ giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Post Soviet grand monuments
- History of traders, preachers and invaders