Where will your imagination take your family?
Imaginative Traveller are experts in organising every element of your family adventure including flights, transfers and insurance. Let us take the stress out of the organisation so that you can concentrate on getting excited about your upcoming holiday!
Each itinerary is carefully planned with your family in mind with interesting excursions, comfortable transportation and hotels chosen specifically for their family-friendly facilities. All of our family adventure tours include a range of cultural, fun and active experiences - check out the highlights for each region such as watching baby orangutans learning to swing at a rehab centre in Borneo, sailing on a felucca down the Nile, climbing the Great Wall of China or camping out in the desert under the stars.
Just for families
These trips are purely for families (including any aunts, uncles or cousins who’d like to come along, of course). As long as you’re travelling with a child under the age of 18, you’re a family in our eyes. Check out our minimum ages but most tours start from five years old or younger with our tailor made options.
An easy pace of travel
We've carefully planned the pace of our family tours so there's a good balance of activities, not too many long drives and lots of down time for everyone to relax and recharge.
Hotels with pools
Wherever possible we've selected hotels with pools, which are great for a bit of time out for all the family and a great way to round off your days.
Travel with other families
Our trips are made up of around four families, with the kids tending to hit it off straight away. Often the whole family ends up making friendships with people from all over the world, staying in touch long after the adventure ends.
Lots of eduational activities
You won't be short of ways to keep the kids entertained with lots of fun and educational activities and local interactions too. Visiting exotic countries is a great way to broaden your children's minds and introduce them to different cultures of people around the world.
You'll be shown around each country by our expert and passionate local guides who'll give you lots of tips and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. For us, it’s also about educating the next generation of responsible travellers.
Our Family trips
GROUP TOUR from £739 for 8 days
- Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those families who love to get their pulse going
- Discover a bird's eye view of nature from a flying fox in Ubud
- Take an exhilarating white water raft on the Ayung River, taking in beautiful backdrops of rainforests, gorges and rice paddies along the way
GROUP TOUR from £1410 for 8 days
- - Delve deep into the jungle and discover the ancient ruins of Tikal, one of the most magnificent Maya sites in the world.
- - Explore Belize's famous freshwater cave systems by canoe and tube, learning about their geological and cultural significance as a headlight leads the way.
- - Relax on San Pedro, an island off Belize's coast that's loved by travellers. Snorkel the Belize Barrier Reef, kick back on the white sands and show your family the meaning of Caribbean charm.
GROUP TOUR from £430 for 8 days
- Morocco is a real feast for the senses. Sip sweet mint tea in rural villages, see goats climbing trees in the desert, and tap your foot to traditional Berber musicians in Marrakech
- Adventure into the Atlas Mountains and visit the Taroudant Tannery for an insight into traditional Moroccan leather production
- With French, Portugese and Jewish influences, Essaouira is about as exotic as it gets. Feast on fresh-caught seafood, explore unique art galleries and be dazzled by a blue-specked townscape
GROUP TOUR from £682 for 8 days
- Egypt is home to some of the world's most amazing ancient icons. You and your family will explore the Pyramids, Sphinx and Valley of the Kings with expert local guides
- There are so many chances to interact with the locals and experience a slice of contemporary Egyptian life. You and your family will dine with Nubian village folk in a house in Aswan
- Sleep under the stars, feast on hearty cuisine and be dazzled by the riverside scenery on a felucca sailing trip down the Nile
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 8 days
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak around the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1150 for 8 days
- Immerse your family in an authentic Arabian experience
- Travel at your own pace with a self-drive 4x4
- Enjoy dolphin watching and snorkelling in the Omani Sea
- Discover lush wadis hidden deep in the desert mountains
- Ride a camel across drifting dunes and spend the night at a Bedouin camp
GROUP TOUR from £1715 for 9 days
- Dubrovnik's charms reach far beyond the famed beautiful city walls. Explore the undisputed jewel of the Dalmatian Coast, and maybe cruise to Lokrum Island where a botanical garden, Benedictine monastery, and excellent swimming spots await
- Korcula Island is a quiet escape full of vineyards, olive groves and tranquil coves – indulge in local island food and drink specialties during a feast in a sleepy village
- Hvar Island seems to have it all: Renaissance architecture, beautiful beaches, lush green landscapes and excellent Dalmatian cuisine
GROUP TOUR from £761 for 9 days
- Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh
- Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you to access places the junk boats can't. Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close
- Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality
GROUP TOUR from £1900 for 9 days
- Enjoy the perfect mix of included activities and free time so you and your family can see the sights that best suit you.
- Wonder at the massive rock that juts nearly 500 metres into the air in Gibraltar, casting a shadow over parts of the town
- Sample churros and chocolate on a walk through Madrid
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1195 for 9 days
- Spot fireflies on a night walk through the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Spend the day with a family on a traditional Costa Rican farm
- Unwind on the pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio
GROUP TOUR from £1730 for 10 days
- Discover the best sights of Lima, from the colonial architecture and excellent museums to the mysterious catacombs and their ornate displays of human bones
- Delve into the untouched world of the Amazon rainforest. Hike jungle trails in search of monkeys, parrots, otters and caymans and sleep in a nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps
- Meet the local artisans, farmers and townsfolk of the Sacred Valley – not forgetting the cute alpacas and vincunas
GROUP TOUR from £654 for 10 days
- Act like Mowgli on the hunt for Shere Khan in your own real life version of ‘The Jungle Book’
- Everyone’s seen a photo of the Taj Mahal, but nothing compares to seeing it in person in the glowing morning light – you’ll understand what beauty really is
- Little can describe the feeling of nervous anticipation, of the hairs on the back of your neck standing up in hope of seeing a Bengal tiger stalk through the jungles of Ranthambore National Park