Where will your imagination take your family?
Imaginative Traveller are experts in organising every element of your family adventure holiday including flights, transfers and insurance. Each itinerary is carefully planned with your family in mind with interesting and educational excursions, comfortable transportation and hotels chosen specifically for their family-friendly facilities including a pool. All of our family adventure tours include a range of cultural, fun and active experiences. These trips are purely for families (including any aunts, uncles or cousins who’d like to come along, of course). As long as you’re travelling with a child under the age of 18, you’re a family in our eyes. Check out our minimum ages but most tours start from five years old or younger with our tailor made options. We've carefully planned the pace of our family tours so there's a good balance of activities, not too many long drives and lots of down time for everyone to relax and recharge. Our trips are made up of around four families, with the kids tending to hit it off straight away. Often the whole family ends up making friendships with people from all over the world, staying in touch long after the adventure ends.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. For us, it’s also about educating the next generation of responsible travellers.
Our Family trips
GROUP TOUR from £796 for 8 days
- Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those families who love to get their pulse going
- Discover a bird's eye view of nature from a flying fox in Ubud
- Take an exhilarating white water raft on the Ayung River, taking in beautiful backdrops of rainforests, gorges and rice paddies along the way
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 8 days
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak around the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1150 for 8 days
- Immerse your family in an authentic Arabian experience
- Travel at your own pace with a self-drive 4x4
- Enjoy dolphin watching and snorkelling in the Omani Sea
- Discover lush wadis hidden deep in the desert mountains
- Ride a camel across drifting dunes and spend the night at a Bedouin camp
GROUP TOUR from £1532 for 9 days
- Discover the best sights of Lima, from the colonial architecture and excellent museums to the mysterious catacombs and their ornate displays of human bones
- Delve into the untouched world of the Amazon rainforest. Hike jungle trails in search of monkeys, parrots, otters and caymans and sleep in a nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps
- Meet the local artisans, farmers and townsfolk of the Sacred Valley – not forgetting the cute alpacas and vincunas
GROUP TOUR from £1248 for 9 days
- Dive into the heart of one of the world’s most biologically diverse countries, travelling along rivers, through dense rainforest, past towering volcanoes and to blissful beaches on a journey that will awaken your inner nature-lover
- Glide through the waterways of Tortuguero NP, seek out monkeys and turtles by foot and boat, and drift off to sleep surrounded by the sounds of wildlife
- Get active on an incredible range of outdoor pursuits, from battling rapids while whitewater rafting to climbing up to volcanic craters, safariing for crocs, and hiking through jungle
GROUP TOUR from £788 for 9 days
- Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh
- Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you to access places the junk boats can't. Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close
- Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1195 for 9 days
- Spot fireflies on a night walk through the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Spend the day with a family on a traditional Costa Rican farm
- Unwind on the pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio
GROUP TOUR from £604 for 10 days
- Act like Mowgli on the hunt for Shere Khan in your own real life version of ‘The Jungle Book’
- Everyone’s seen a photo of the Taj Mahal, but nothing compares to seeing it in person in the glowing morning light – you’ll understand what beauty really is
- Little can describe the feeling of nervous anticipation, of the hairs on the back of your neck standing up in hope of seeing a Bengal tiger stalk through the jungles of Ranthambore National Park
GROUP TOUR from £652 for 10 days
- Dodge the donkeys, discover the dye pits and embrace the smell of spices as you navigate the mystical alleyways of Fes under the guidance of your expert leader.
- Share a cup of sweet mint tea with Berbers and enjoy a local lunch in a mudbrick kasbah as you explore the unchanged culture and stunning scenery of Todra Gorge.
- Ride a camel over windswept sand dunes at sunset and spend an evening camped under the Sahara’s starry night sky.
GROUP TOUR from £1156 for 10 days
- Go beyond a biology lesson and immerse yourself in nature, from spotting rare birds in Monteverde to listening for the evocative call of howler monkeys in Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Harvest produce and come together to cook a rustic meal from scratch during a homestay with family in an agricultural community.
- Get active on guided walks through forest and jungle, plus an incredible canopy walk along suspended bridges in Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £584 for 10 days
- Spend an evening camped in the Sahara, surrounded by windswept dunes under a thousand (more or less) stars.
- Whether travelling by train, bus or camel, there's always something to see in this fascinating country.
- Enjoy exploring the famous cities of Fes and Marrakech during both guided tours and plenty of free time as a family.
GROUP TOUR from £868 for 10 days
- Get a load of Victoria Falls, an amazing thundering spectacle. Optional activities for those arriving early include white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides
- Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants
- Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands. Greet elephants as they come to drink from the pool!