Where will your imagination take your family?
Imaginative Traveller are experts in organising every element of your family adventure including flights, transfers and insurance. Let us take the stress out of the organisation so that you can concentrate on getting excited about your upcoming holiday!
Each itinerary is carefully planned with your family in mind with interesting excursions, comfortable transportation and hotels chosen specifically for their family-friendly facilities. All of our family adventure tours include a range of cultural, fun and active experiences - check out the highlights for each region such as watching baby orangutans learning to swing at a rehab centre in Borneo, sailing on a felucca down the Nile, climbing the Great Wall of China or camping out in the desert under the stars.
Just for families
These trips are purely for families (including any aunts, uncles or cousins who’d like to come along, of course). As long as you’re travelling with a child under the age of 18, you’re a family in our eyes. Check out our minimum ages but most tours start from five years old or younger with our tailor made options.
An easy pace of travel
We've carefully planned the pace of our family tours so there's a good balance of activities, not too many long drives and lots of down time for everyone to relax and recharge.
Hotels with pools
Wherever possible we've selected hotels with pools, which are great for a bit of time out for all the family and a great way to round off your days.
Travel with other families
Our trips are made up of around four families, with the kids tending to hit it off straight away. Often the whole family ends up making friendships with people from all over the world, staying in touch long after the adventure ends.
Lots of eduational activities
You won't be short of ways to keep the kids entertained with lots of fun and educational activities and local interactions too. Visiting exotic countries is a great way to broaden your children's minds and introduce them to different cultures of people around the world.
You'll be shown around each country by our expert and passionate local guides who'll give you lots of tips and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. For us, it’s also about educating the next generation of responsible travellers.
Our Family trips
GROUP TOUR from £1465 for 10 days
- Watch young orangutans learning to climb for the first time at the Sepilok Sanctuary
- Keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife on a cruise down the Kinabatangan River
- Soak up the relaxed beach vibe on glorious Manukan Island and get up close to marine life on an included snorkelling trip
GROUP TOUR from £730 for 10 days
- Everyone’s seen a photo of the Taj Mahal, but nothing compares to seeing it in person in the glowing morning light – you and your family will understand what beauty really is
- Little can describe the feeling of nervous anticipation, of the hairs on the back of your neck standing up in hope of seeing a Bengal tiger stalk through the jungles of Ranthambore National Park
- Experience the moving town that is an Indian train – watch the colourful landscape fly by as the chai wallah walks down the aisle singing about his tea
GROUP TOUR from £650 for 10 days
- Spend an evening camped in the Sahara, surrounded by windswept dunes under a thousand (more or less) stars.
- Whether travelling by train, bus or camel, there's always something to see in this fascinating country.
- Enjoy exploring the famous cities of Fes and Marrakech during both guided tours and plenty of free time as a family.
GROUP TOUR from £920 for 10 days
- Get a load of Victoria Falls, an amazing thundering spectacle. Optional activities for those arriving early include white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides
- Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants
- Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands. Greet elephants as they come to drink from the pool!
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1925 for 10 days
- Search for lemurs in Amber Mountain National Park
- Hike amongst the tsingy of Ankarana National Park
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of Nosy Komba
GROUP TOUR from £1195 for 11 days
- Discover Nepal with a both leisurely and adventurous introduction to its people, traditions and, of course, its iconic mountains
- Experience the incredible hospitality and welcoming nature of the Nepali people as you sip chai in mountain tea-houses, stay in a traditional house in isolated Bandipur, and enjoy a Nepalese dining experience in an old farmhouse in Nuwakot
- Trek into the incredible Annapurna Range, through remote villages that offer superb panoramic views of the mountains, then camp high up in the Himalayas
GROUP TOUR from £1140 for 11 days
- Amble down the cobbled streets of historic Havana
- Explore Cuba’s best-preserved colonial town
- Check out the Bay of Pigs Museum
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2500 for 11 days
- Explore otherworldly volcanic landscapes
- Whale watch in the Azores Archipelago
- Enjoy quality accommodation on a full board basis
- Tour the vineyards of Pico Island
GROUP TOUR from £1355 for 11 days
- Take a guided walk through the lush lower trails of Kinabalu National Park, witness Mt Kinabalu in all its glory at dawn, and enjoy a well-earned dip in the Poring Hot Springs
- Stay overnight among the birds and beasts of the jungle, right next to an oxbow lake, at Kinabatangan Jungle Camp
- A homestay in a Malay village offers an authentic experience of the local culture. Try you skills in the language as you play with the local children
GROUP TOUR from £2120 for 12 days
- Though not quite visible from space, the Great Wall of China is still massive! Climb up this iconic sight and learn about its history
- Travel back in time to the era of China’s powerful Emperors in Beijing. Explore the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven, see history, and people-watch modern China
- Get the unique experience of whizzing through the Chinese landscape on an overnight train. Meet the locals, understand the culture, and have a fun sleepover too!
GROUP TOUR from £2691 for 12 days
- Discover Tokyo, where dazzling neon lights are only the beginning. Feast on market-fresh sushi, try your hand at calligraphy, and cook your own okonomiyaki on a Tokyo Bay boat cruise
- Fast, fun and futuristic, a bullet train ride (Tokyo to Hakone) is an essential Japanese experience, sure to be a thrill for the whole family
- Bask in the soothing waters of an onsen in Hakone. These Japanese hot-spring baths are the perfect antidote to a couple of days of walking around the big city
GROUP TOUR from £1279 for 12 days
- Hike in the majestic Canadian Rockies
- Discover Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Enjoy Incredible wildlife viewing