Calling all foodies! Imaginative Traveller’s real food adventures will take you into the gastronomic heart of some of the world’s greatest food cultures. Explore colourful markets and taste delicious street food, dine on home-cooked feasts with local families, and whip up your own culinary masterpieces during professionally-led cooking classes.
Our range of food trips and tours will cater for any budget and appetite. Whether you hunger for a sushi masterclass in futuristic Tokyo or the distinct palette of Peruvian cuisine, we’ve got the holiday for you. If you have something specific in mind, we can also tailor make a food tour just for you.
Vegan food is experiencing its finest hour around the world right now - look out for our selection of vegan-specific food tours, which will have you chowing down on masala dosas in India or vegan pappardelle in Italy.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. On some of our food tours we visit community restaurants that provide employment to local youngsters.
Our Food trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 0 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2175 for 0 days
- Learn about Portugal’s history and heritage as you discover unknown chapels, a prison transformed into a restaurant and several convents decorated with magnificent tiles and frescos
- Originally founded by Julius Caesar and later fortified by the Moors, Évora boasts some fine historic monuments, including the Diana Temple which is widely regarded as the best preserved Roman structure on the Iberian Peninsula
- With its amazing 17th century walls, Elvas is known as “The Key of the Kingdom” and is still a town rarely visited by tourists
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 0 days
- Earn your own sushi making certificate in Tokyo
- Enjoy an authentic Kaiseki dinner in a traditional Japanese ryokan
- Sample fresh sake at a local brewery
GROUP TOUR from £985 for 6 days
- Uncover secret traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over breakfast. Drink fire-warmed sheep’s milk, then scoop bread into a pot of rich Galayah Bandoora.
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury in Petra, often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Take in the majesty and mystery of this unforgettable place.
- Savour the smells and tastes of a freshly prepared Bedouin zarb – slow roasted vegetables and juicy spiced meats cooked to perfection in an underground barbecue.
GROUP TOUR from £1649 for 7 days
- Explore the trendiest cities of the Basque region and the pilgrim town of
- Wander through the most famous Bilbao’s markets followed by a cookery
class in a Michelin-recommended restaurant
- Be a winegrower for the morning in Rioja and taste some of the popular
wines of the area
- Indulge in some of the region's best pintxos in Logroño and San
- Experience a unique cultural evening at a Basque private dining club
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 8 days
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany
- Stay in a converted farmhouse
- Enjoy the fabulous Chianti wines
GROUP TOUR from £769 for 8 days
- Discover a world of Thai food beyond the obvious (albeit delicious) dishes of Pad Thai and Thai Green curry – experience new Thai tastes, like ‘boat noodles’ and khao soi in Ayutthaya
- Whip up northern Thai khantohk specialties with Aoi outside of Chiang Mai, and live Thai life from a local's perspective with a stay in her home
- Experience the eye-opening and surprising world of Thai food markets, filled with unpredictable tastes and found in unexpected places – floating on a river or set up on a railway track!
GROUP TOUR from £910 for 8 days
- Thailand is a country that does amazing things with the most elemental ingredients – from mushroom and tofu to bamboo, beans and coconut cream – and the diversity of vegan dishes on offer is a pleasant surprise
- Bangkok’s Chinatown is a revelation, but those in the know head out of town for next-level street-food experiences. Discover a (literal) railway market at Mae Klong, enjoy a palm sugar demonstration at Tha Kha floating market, and peruse a veritable vegan smorgasbord at riverside Kanchanaburi
- See everyday life from the Thai perspective and prepare a wide range of vegan cuisine under the guidance of Aoi, your Chiang Mai homestay host. Tuck into the likes of wing bean salad, tofu red curry, sweet sticky rice and traditional Thai banana cake
GROUP TOUR from £738 for 8 days
- Discover not only the iconic sights of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur – from Amber Fort to the Taj Mahal – but also taste the best and most authentic local vegan cuisine the Golden Triangle has to offer
- For vegan travellers, it doesn’t get much better than India. Think soft, warm pearl millet roti bread; samosas bursting with soft spiced potato; curries of fragrant turmeric, cardamom and clove; and fresh salads of sangri beans and ker berries.
- With the expertise and enthusiasm of six vegan influencers, and our usual insider knowledge thanks to the locals, this trip is the perfect combination of classic and contemporary
GROUP TOUR from £1740 for 8 days
- Kick things off in style with a welcome dinner in Venice’s first vegan restaurant, La Tecia Vegana. This tucked-away gem combines old-school, white-tablecloth Italian dining with a superbly innovative vegan menu
- Get hands-on in the famous foodie town of Bologna. Partake in a vegan cooking class with an experienced local cook, hitting the local market beforehand to source fresh local ingredients
- Discover UNESCO World Heritage-listed San Gimignano, a gorgeous town in the hills of Tuscany. This ‘medieval Manhattan’ is a pretty good backdrop for a wine museum tour and a sample of the world’s best gelato
GROUP TOUR from £1790 for 8 days
- Wash down the other version of KFC – Korean Fried Chicken – with a glass of Soju, Korea's national alcoholic beverage
- Savour bibimbap in Jeonju, Korea's foodie capital
- Share a traditional temple meal with Buddhist monks on an overnight stay in a monastery
GROUP TOUR from £1575 for 8 days
- Pack your own picnic at a prized Apulian bakery
- Lose yourself in the ancient city of Matera, which sits dramatically on the edge of the Gravina gorge
- Get your hands dirty in a cooking masterclass and prepare a traditional Campania feast