Calling all foodies! Imaginative Traveller’s real food adventures will take you into the gastronomic heart of some of the world’s greatest food cultures. Explore colourful markets and taste delicious street food, dine on home-cooked feasts with local families, and whip up your own culinary masterpieces during professionally-led cooking classes.
Our range of food trips and tours will cater for any budget and appetite. Whether you hunger for a sushi masterclass in futuristic Tokyo or the distinct palette of Peruvian cuisine, we’ve got the holiday for you. If you have something specific in mind, we can also tailor make a food tour just for you.
Vegan food is experiencing its finest hour around the world right now - look out for our selection of vegan-specific food tours, which will have you chowing down on masala dosas in India or vegan pappardelle in Italy.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. On some of our food tours we visit community restaurants that provide employment to local youngsters.
Our Food trips
GROUP TOUR from £730 for 4 days
- Get a true taste of Veneto as you explore the terraced vineyards and rolling hills of the home of Prosecco, supporting local wineries and sampling on some of the world’s best bubbly.
- Take advantage of a whole day to explore the maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands of Venice.
- Make the most of your host's local knowledge with a backstreets walking tour of Venice, snacking on cicchetti and sipping on vino in a typical community osteria.
GROUP TOUR from £1120 for 6 days
- Uncover secret traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over breakfast. Drink fire-warmed sheep’s milk, then scoop bread into a pot of rich Galayah Bandoora.
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury in Petra, often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Take in the majesty and mystery of this unforgettable place.
- Savour the smells and tastes of a freshly prepared Bedouin zarb – slow roasted vegetables and juicy spiced meats cooked to perfection in an underground barbecue.
GROUP TOUR from £1149 for 8 days
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany
- Stay in a converted farmhouse
- Enjoy the fabulous Chianti wines
GROUP TOUR from £1000 for 8 days
- Discover a world of Thai food beyond the obvious (albeit delicious) dishes of Pad Thai and Thai Green curry – experience new Thai tastes, like ‘boat noodles’ and khao soi in Ayutthaya
- Whip up northern Thai khantohk specialties with Aoi outside of Chiang Mai, and live Thai life from a local's perspective with a stay in her home
- Experience the eye-opening and surprising world of Thai food markets, filled with unpredictable tastes and found in unexpected places – floating on a river or set up on a railway track!
GROUP TOUR from £1985 for 8 days
- Wash down the other version of KFC – Korean Fried Chicken – with a glass of Soju, Korea's national alcoholic beverage
- Savour bibimbap in Jeonju, Korea's foodie capital
- Share a traditional temple meal with Buddhist monks on an overnight stay in a monastery
GROUP TOUR from £1840 for 8 days
- Cook up a Galician feast using Vigo's finest seafood
- Sip world-class wines in the spectacular Douro Valley wine region
- Discover why Alentejo is Portugal’s best kept foodie secret o9n a farnstay
GROUP TOUR from £1810 for 8 days
- Italy is a foodie's paradise, but as a visitor it can be hard to escape the tourist traps. Your local leaders will give you an insider's guide to this epicurean wonderland
- This trip takes in some of the titans of regional Italian cuisine – Rome (Lazio region), Tuscany, Emilia Romagna and Venice
- Tasting the real balsamic vinegar in an attic acetaia is a revelation – it'll be hard to go back to the mass-produced version after this
GROUP TOUR from £1150 for 9 days
- Mexican cuisine is one of the hottest new food trends. This trip take you to the source of some of the nation's most iconic foods, from tacos to mole and beyond
- In Oaxaca you'll enter the heart of pre-Hispanic cuisine; taste chiles, chocolate, mezcal and the surprisingly delicious chapulines (grasshoppers)
- It may not be edible, but a Lucha Libre (theatrical 'freestyle wrestling') match in Puebla is an entertaining and memorable cultural experience
GROUP TOUR from £970 for 9 days
- Discover Cambodia’s vibrant culinary scene, the incredible tastes and smells and Khmer food that are often overshadowed by neighbouring Vietnam and Thailand
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste the best pepper in the world
- A homestay in the village of Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of rural life in Cambodia
GROUP TOUR from £1830 for 9 days
- Bike through a pistachio farm on the island of Aegina
- Cook up a storm with a local cook in their Poros home
- Sip ouzo at a distillery that has produced this iconic Greek aperitif for more than a hundred years
GROUP TOUR from £1885 for 10 days
- It's delicious, diverse and hands-on. You’ll learn the secrets of ceviche, make your own pisco sour, take a cooking class in a treehouse lodge and eat empanadas straight from the wood-fired ‘horno’
- In the last decade, Peru has undergone a culinary renaissance, so this is one of our hottest food destinations
- Discover the breadth of Peruvian cuisine in all its rich and colourful history, from the rustic ‘pachamanca’ tradition to Lima’s world-class urban street food scene
GROUP TOUR from £1570 for 10 days
- Prepare your own tolma (vine-wrapped rice and mince), feast on succulent khorovats (Armenian pork barbecue) and visit a distillery to taste legendary Armenian brandy at the source
- Learn how to make delicious khinkali (Georgian dumplings) and khachapuri (cheese-filled bread) with an expert local foodie
- Tbilisi, Georgia’s capital, is awash with culture, colour and beautiful architecture. A bonus at the end of your city tour is a cahakhokbili (chicken stew) feast with a local family