Calling all foodies! Imaginative Traveller’s real food adventures will take you into the gastronomic heart of some of the world’s greatest food cultures. Explore colourful markets and taste delicious street food, dine on home-cooked feasts with local families, and whip up your own culinary masterpieces during professionally-led cooking classes.
Our range of food tours will cater for any budget and appetite. Whether you hunger for a sushi masterclass in futuristic Tokyo or the distinct palette of Peruvian cuisine, we’ve got the holiday for you. If you have something specific in mind, we can also tailor make a food tour just for you.
Devour authentic regional dishes
These are trips designed to really get you under the skin of the world’s greatest cuisines. You’ll taste authentic local food, and you’ll meet the people who prepare it.
Learn from the professionals
Discover how to create incredible regional dishes during hands-on classes led by expert chefs – then dazzle your friends with your new-found cooking skills when you get home!
Vegan food is experiencing its finest hour around the world right now - look out for our selection of vegan-specific food tours, which will have you chowing down on masala dosas in India or vegan pappardelle in Italy.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. On some of our food tours we visit community restaurants that provide employment to local youngsters.
Our Food trips
GROUP TOUR from £1730 for 9 days
- Bike through a pistachio farm on the island of Aegina
- Cook up a storm with a local cook in their Poros home
- Sip ouzo at a distillery that has produced this iconic Greek aperitif for more than a hundred years
GROUP TOUR from £1908 for 10 days
- Discover why Iranian cuisine is so globally influential while tasting crispy rice dishes like tah chin, breads such as soft sangak or fragrant spices such as cinnamon or cardamom
- Cook cultural culinary favourites in welcoming Iranian family homes – from the sumptuous spiced meat and rice of biryani to sharp and fruity fesenjan stews
- Sample regional delicacies at some of the finest sweet stores in Iran during a visit to Yazd, snacking on crunchy almond qottab or chewy soft baqlava as you go
GROUP TOUR from £1566 for 10 days
- It's delicious, diverse and hands-on. You’ll learn the secrets of ceviche, make your own pisco sour, take a cooking class in a treehouse lodge and eat empanadas straight from the wood-fired ‘horno’
- In the last decade, Peru has undergone a culinary renaissance, so this is one of our hottest food destinations
- Discover the breadth of Peruvian cuisine in all its rich and colourful history, from the rustic ‘pachamanca’ tradition to Lima’s world-class urban street food scene
GROUP TOUR from £1320 for 10 days
- Prepare your own tolma (vine-wrapped rice and mince), feast on succulent khorovats (Armenian pork barbecue) and visit a distillery to taste legendary Armenian brandy at the source
- Learn how to make delicious khinkali (Georgian dumplings) and khachapuri (cheese-filled bread) with an expert local foodie
- Tbilisi, Georgia’s capital, is awash with culture, colour and beautiful architecture. A bonus at the end of your city tour is a cahakhokbili (chicken stew) feast with a local family
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £1060 for 10 days
- Istanbul is brimming with delectable dishes, and the options can be dizzying. But your expert local guide will have you headed straight for the best spots
- On no other Intrepid trip can you taste the tantalising flavours of Akyaka's Wednesday farmers' market, a true local gem in this tiny town dedicated to slow food
- With hands-on cooking classes, you'll get up close and personal with Turkey's age-old culinary traditions, preparing specialties like manti and tatli
GROUP TOUR from £1530 for 10 days
- Learn how to walk, talk, drink and party like a Russian on a Zakuska and Vodka tasting tour in Moscow
- The beautifully preserved thatched houses and dome-topped churches of Suzdal are straight out of a Russian fairy tale
- Enjoy a hearty, home-cooked feast with a Tatar family, sampling dishes unique to this semi-autonomous region of Russia
GROUP TOUR from £1881 for 10 days
- Be surrounded by the culture of Catalan cooking (and by jamon hanging from the ceiling) in Barcelona’s many delis
- Local, fresh produce is at the heart of Catalan food – get a chef’s insight into the best ingredients at Santa Caterina market
- Logrono is filled with excellent taperias, each with their own speciality, and there’s little better than watching the master of mushrooms at Bar Soriano prepare hundreds of buttery, garlicky wild mushrooms for you to feast on during a tapas crawl
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 11 days
- Earn your own sushi making certificate in Tokyo
- Enjoy an authentic Kaiseki dinner in a traditional Japanese ryokan
- Sample fresh sake at a local brewery
GROUP TOUR from £1642 for 12 days
- Embrace the tastes of four of China's most important food regions – from the imperial cuisine of Beijing, to the Muslim-influenced food of Xi'An, the spicy Sichuan flavours of Chengdu (a UNESCO City of Gastronomy) and the international melting pot of Shanghai
- The Sichuan province is the literal birthplace of tea – get a truly local and authentic crop-to-cup experience here with a tea grower
- Savour the spicy flavours of Sichuan, like the fiery, tingling, tongue-numbing sensation of the famous Sichuan Pepper at Chengu’s spice market
GROUP TOUR from £3100 for 12 days
- Food is taken seriously in Japan. From the station tonkatsu restaurant to the highest end sushi, Japanese people take pride in the cooking and presentation, and any bad meal is incredibly rare
- Tasting the succulent Hida beef in Takayama is the definition of a melt-in-your-mouth moment
- Dodging bargain hunters and fishmongers as you browse stalls of fantastical sea creatures in the organised madness of the Tsukiji Fish Market
GROUP TOUR from £1430 for 12 days
- Witness the amazing Sri Lankan seafood on offer at the Negombo seafood market
- Spend time with welcoming locals keen to share the mysteries of Sri Lankan cuisine – learn Tamil, Sinhalese, and Bergher cooking in their homes
- Soak up the scenery while sipping a glass of the local arak – Sri Lanka’s signature local liquor