Calling all foodies! Imaginative Traveller’s real food adventures will take you into the gastronomic heart of some of the world’s greatest food cultures. Explore colourful markets and taste delicious street food, dine on home-cooked feasts with local families, and whip up your own culinary masterpieces during professionally-led cooking classes.
Our range of food tours will cater for any budget and appetite. Whether you hunger for a sushi masterclass in futuristic Tokyo or the distinct palette of Peruvian cuisine, we’ve got the holiday for you. If you have something specific in mind, we can also tailor make a food tour just for you.
Devour authentic regional dishes
These are trips designed to really get you under the skin of the world’s greatest cuisines. You’ll taste authentic local food, and you’ll meet the people who prepare it.
Learn from the professionals
Discover how to create incredible regional dishes during hands-on classes led by expert chefs – then dazzle your friends with your new-found cooking skills when you get home!
Vegan food is experiencing its finest hour around the world right now - look out for our selection of vegan-specific food tours, which will have you chowing down on masala dosas in India or vegan pappardelle in Italy.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. On some of our food tours we visit community restaurants that provide employment to local youngsters.
Our Food trips
GROUP TOUR from £910 for 8 days
- Thailand is a country that does amazing things with the most elemental ingredients – from mushroom and tofu to bamboo, beans and coconut cream – and the diversity of vegan dishes on offer is a pleasant surprise
- Bangkok’s Chinatown is a revelation, but those in the know head out of town for next-level street-food experiences. Discover a (literal) railway market at Mae Klong, enjoy a palm sugar demonstration at Tha Kha floating market, and peruse a veritable vegan smorgasbord at riverside Kanchanaburi
- See everyday life from the Thai perspective and prepare a wide range of vegan cuisine under the guidance of Aoi, your Chiang Mai homestay host. Tuck into the likes of wing bean salad, tofu red curry, sweet sticky rice and traditional Thai banana cake
GROUP TOUR from £760 for 8 days
- Discover not only the iconic sights of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur – from Amber Fort to the Taj Mahal – but also taste the best and most authentic local vegan cuisine the Golden Triangle has to offer
- For vegan travellers, it doesn’t get much better than India. Think soft, warm pearl millet roti bread; samosas bursting with soft spiced potato; curries of fragrant turmeric, cardamom and clove; and fresh salads of sangri beans and ker berries.
- With the expertise and enthusiasm of six vegan influencers, and our usual insider knowledge thanks to the locals, this trip is the perfect combination of classic and contemporary
GROUP TOUR from £1740 for 8 days
- Kick things off in style with a welcome dinner in Venice’s first vegan restaurant, La Tecia Vegana. This tucked-away gem combines old-school, white-tablecloth Italian dining with a superbly innovative vegan menu
- Get hands-on in the famous foodie town of Bologna. Partake in a vegan cooking class with an experienced local cook, hitting the local market beforehand to source fresh local ingredients
- Discover UNESCO World Heritage-listed San Gimignano, a gorgeous town in the hills of Tuscany. This ‘medieval Manhattan’ is a pretty good backdrop for a wine museum tour and a sample of the world’s best gelato
GROUP TOUR from £1765 for 8 days
- Wash down the other version of KFC – Korean Fried Chicken – with a glass of Soju, Korea's national alcoholic beverage
- Savour bibimbap in Jeonju, Korea's foodie capital
- Share a traditional temple meal with Buddhist monks on an overnight stay in a monastery
GROUP TOUR from £1575 for 8 days
- Pack your own picnic at a prized Apulian bakery
- Lose yourself in the ancient city of Matera, which sits dramatically on the edge of the Gravina gorge
- Get your hands dirty in a cooking masterclass and prepare a traditional Campania feast
GROUP TOUR from £1740 for 8 days
- Cook up a Galician feast using Vigo's finest seafood
- Sip world-class wines in the spectacular Douro Valley wine region
- Discover why Alentejo is Portugal’s best kept foodie secret o9n a farnstay
GROUP TOUR from £1695 for 8 days
- Italy is a foodie's paradise, but as a visitor it can be hard to escape the tourist traps. Your local leaders will give you an insider's guide to this epicurean wonderland
- This trip takes in some of the titans of regional Italian cuisine – Rome (Lazio region), Tuscany, Emilia Romagna and Venice
- Tasting the real balsamic vinegar in an attic acetaia is a revelation – it'll be hard to go back to the mass-produced version after this
GROUP TOUR from £1030 for 9 days
- Mexican cuisine is one of the hottest new food trends. This trip take you to the source of some of the nation's most iconic foods, from tacos to mole and beyond
- In Oaxaca you'll enter the heart of pre-Hispanic cuisine; taste chiles, chocolate, mezcal and the surprisingly delicious chapulines (grasshoppers)
- It may not be edible, but a Lucha Libre (theatrical 'freestyle wrestling') match in Puebla is an entertaining and memorable cultural experience
GROUP TOUR from £865 for 9 days
- Discover Cambodia’s vibrant culinary scene, the incredible tastes and smells and Khmer food that are often overshadowed by neighbouring Vietnam and Thailand
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste the best pepper in the world
- A homestay in the village of Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of rural life in Cambodia
GROUP TOUR from £1715 for 9 days
- Bike through a pistachio farm on the island of Aegina
- Cook up a storm with a local cook in their Poros home
- Sip ouzo at a distillery that has produced this iconic Greek aperitif for more than a hundred years