Imaginative Traveller has an incredible knowledge and understanding of the geography and culture of a destination. Tours of the music, festivals, history and culture of a country can be particularly fascinating and really brought to life when guided by a specialist.
Experience Paro Festival, a colourful celebration of Bhutanese culture and faith through music and dance; the Harbin Ice Festival in China, one of the world’s largest ice festivals featuring huge, beautifully-lit ice sculptures; and Mongolia's Naadam Festival, a circus-like event dating back centuries and featuring wrestling, archery and horse-racing.
The complete Rio Carnival experience
The annual Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is the greatest party on Earth, with six days’ worth of street festivals and the incredible Sambadrome parade attracting more than a million visitors each year. When you’re not partying, take some time to explore the fascinating city and its gorgeous beaches.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Culture & Festivals trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3850 for 10 days
- Shop till you drop in the futuristic city of Tokyo
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Fuji
- Visit the imperial city of Kyoto, home to more than a thousand temples
- Reflect in the forward thinking city of Hiroshima
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £1435 for 11 days
- Journey to Kuching, Sarawak to witness the Rainforest World Music Festival in full swing. This unique festival draws in renowned international musicians and indigenous performers of Borneo for not-to-be-missed performances.
- Spend a night in the home of one of the regular performers of the festival and learn all about the sape – an instrument used by some of Borneo’s indigenous musicians.
- Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2600 for 11 days
- See perhaps the greatest and most iconic structures ever created by man - the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Head into the Valley of the Kings. Buried beneath the arid hills there are over 60 tombs of pharaohs, many richly decorated with reliefs and paintings
- Sail along the River Nile on Dahabiya, a traditional small sailing vessel
GROUP TOUR from £945 for 11 days
- Revel in the beach vibe of Playa del Carmen
- Explore incredible Maya pyramids at Chichen Itza
- Travel along Mexico's amazing Yucatan Peninsula
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 11 days
- See the amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Visit Axum, the seat of the legendary Queen of Sheba
- Explore the extensive castles and forts of Gondar
- Hike in the stunningly beautiful Simien Mountains
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2250 for 11 days
- Ride the deluxe high speed train “Afrosiab” between Tashkent and Samarkand
- Explore ancient UNESCO Heritage Sites of Merv, Nissa and Urgench
- Spend a night under the stars next to the extraordinary Darwaza Gas Crater
GROUP TOUR from £2322 for 12 days
- Visit Elvis' birthplace and Graceland
- Take the Mississippi River Road to Natchez
- Vibrant Bourbon Street
GROUP TOUR from £1524 for 12 days
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with a cruise down the Nile. Relax in comfort and soak up the landscapes and scenes of everyday Egyptian life
- Explore the marvels, mythology and mystery of Ancient Egypt, including the Pyramids at Giza and the tombs of iconic pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings
- Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar is an essential Egyptian experience – lose yourself in the colours and aromas of this fascinating marketplace
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1600 for 12 days
- Visit Olympia, site of the first Olympic Games
- Gaze in awe at the unique rock formations of Meteora
- Explore the ancient heart of Greece with expert local guides
- Visit Delphi where ancient Greeks consulted the famous
- Explore the hedonistic island of Mykonos and the white-washed Cycladic house of Santorini
GROUP TOUR from £2970 for 12 days
- Jazz Fest is one of the best music festivals in North America. As well as being able to listen to all different kinds of music across 12 stages, the festival also attracts some big name international artists. A single day ticket is included in the price of your trip.
- Embark on a road trip across one of the most colourful, musical and hospitable parts of the USA: the Deep South. This diverse trip takes you through six states and the best of the region's contrasting cities, from the historic settlements of Savannah and Charleston, to the mountain town of Asheville and the musical centres of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans
- A journey through the USA wouldn’t be complete without a lesson in history. Charleston’s story is told through the former auction rooms of the Old Slave Mart and in the fields of the cotton plantations
GROUP TOUR from £1199 for 13 days
- Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal
- Search for the elusive tiger
- Explore the 'Pearl of Rajasthan', Udaipur