Fascinating Cultures & Festivals
Imaginative Traveller has an incredible knowledge and understanding of the geography and culture of a destination. Tours of the music, festivals, history and culture of a country can be particularly fascinating and really brought to life when guided by a specialist.
Experience Paro Festival, a colourful celebration of Bhutanese culture and faith through music and dance; the Harbin Ice Festival in China, one of the world’s largest ice festivals featuring huge, beautifully-lit ice sculptures; and Mongolia's Naadam Festival, a circus-like event dating back centuries and featuring wrestling, archery and horse-racing or, of course, the annual Carnival in Rio de Janeiro - the greatest party on Earth.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Culture & Festivals trips
GROUP TOUR from £1100 for 6 days
- Sector 11 ticket for the Sambadrome
- Visit to Corcovado
- Visit to Sugarloaf Mountain
- Join us at one of Rio\'s famous Blocos
- Party the night away at Rio Scenarium
GROUP TOUR from £1270 for 8 days
- Take a walk through the idyllic coastal city of Porto and understand why the birthplace of fortified wine is renowned for its narrow lanes, charming buildings and delicious cuisine.
- Explore the country’s oldest university when discovering the historic riverfront city of Coimbra – once the capital of Portugal.
- Take in all the highlights of Portugal’s arts and culture scene with an included traditional Fado show in Coimbra.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1725 for 8 days
- Experience the “Paris of the East” and get to grips with Beirut’s amazing culinary scene.
- Explore pretty fishing villages and discover the stunning natural beauty of the mountains.
- Spend the night in a rock hewn monastery in the Qadisha Valley
- Discover the monumental Roman ruins at Baalbeck
- Soak up the atmosphere in the heart of Old Tripoli
GROUP TOUR from £1630 for 9 days
- Mardi Gras season is a celebration for everyone, and this tour is a perfect opportunity to experience the festival at its cultural heart.
- Before celebrating on Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, learn about the traditions behind the celebration: the krewes, king cake, throwing of the beads and more.
- By day, drive through the Creole Nature trails sighting marsh wildlife, and by night, dance on a parade float in Lake Charles.
GROUP TOUR from £1349 for 9 days
- Explore the ancient sites of Mystras and Delphi
- Visit Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games
- Enjoy spectacular Meteora- 'columns in the sky'
GROUP TOUR from £1299 for 9 days
- Explore Baroque heritage in Noto and Ragusa Ibla
- Visit archaeological sites in Siracusa, Agrigento and Selinunte
- Cover the island's highlights and best heritage sites in nine days
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3850 for 10 days
- Shop till you drop in the futuristic city of Tokyo
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Fuji
- Visit the imperial city of Kyoto, home to more than a thousand temples
- Reflect in the forward thinking city of Hiroshima
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £1435 for 11 days
- Journey to Kuching, Sarawak to witness the Rainforest World Music Festival in full swing. This unique festival draws in renowned international musicians and indigenous performers of Borneo for not-to-be-missed performances.
- Spend a night in the home of one of the regular performers of the festival and learn all about the sape – an instrument used by some of Borneo’s indigenous musicians.
- Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2600 for 11 days
- See perhaps the greatest and most iconic structures ever created by man - the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Head into the Valley of the Kings. Buried beneath the arid hills there are over 60 tombs of pharaohs, many richly decorated with reliefs and paintings
- Sail along the River Nile on Dahabiya, a traditional small sailing vessel
GROUP TOUR from £945 for 11 days
- Revel in the beach vibe of Playa del Carmen
- Explore incredible Maya pyramids at Chichen Itza
- Travel along Mexico's amazing Yucatan Peninsula
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 11 days
- See the amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Visit Axum, the seat of the legendary Queen of Sheba
- Explore the extensive castles and forts of Gondar
- Hike in the stunningly beautiful Simien Mountains