Fascinating Cultures & Festivals
Imaginative Traveller has an incredible knowledge and understanding of the geography and culture of a destination. Tours of the music, festivals, history and culture of a country can be particularly fascinating and really brought to life when guided by a specialist.
Experience Paro Festival, a colourful celebration of Bhutanese culture and faith through music and dance; the Harbin Ice Festival in China, one of the world’s largest ice festivals featuring huge, beautifully-lit ice sculptures; and Mongolia's Naadam Festival, a circus-like event dating back centuries and featuring wrestling, archery and horse-racing or, of course, the annual Carnival in Rio de Janeiro - the greatest party on Earth.
See our Responsible Travel Policy
Our Culture & Festivals trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3850 for 0 days
- Shop till you drop in the futuristic city of Tokyo
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Fuji
- Visit the imperial city of Kyoto, home to more than a thousand temples
- Reflect in the forward thinking city of Hiroshima
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1780 for 0 days
- Drive inland to the world famous ruins of Anuradhapura, stopping at a coconut plantation along the way
- Enjoy a morning bicycle tour through Anuradhapura, the well-preserved ruins of ancient Lankan civilization
- Visit Polonnaruwa, the 5th century ancient city and second most ancient of Sri Lanka’s kingdoms
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 0 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2600 for 0 days
- See perhaps the greatest and most iconic structures ever created by man - the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Head into the Valley of the Kings. Buried beneath the arid hills there are over 60 tombs of pharaohs, many richly decorated with reliefs and paintings
- Sail along the River Nile on Dahabiya, a traditional small sailing vessel
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 0 days
- See the amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Visit Axum, the seat of the legendary Queen of Sheba
- Explore the extensive castles and forts of Gondar
- Hike in the stunningly beautiful Simien Mountains
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1600 for 0 days
- Visit Olympia, site of the first Olympic Games
- Gaze in awe at the unique rock formations of Meteora
- Explore the ancient heart of Greece with expert local guides
- Visit Delphi where ancient Greeks consulted the famous
- Explore the hedonistic island of Mykonos and the white-washed Cycladic house of Santorini
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2250 for 0 days
- Ride the deluxe high speed train “Afrosiab” between Tashkent and Samarkand
- Explore ancient UNESCO Heritage Sites of Merv, Nissa and Urgench
- Spend a night under the stars next to the extraordinary Darwaza Gas Crater
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1725 for 0 days
- Experience the “Paris of the East” and get to grips with Beirut’s amazing culinary scene.
- Explore pretty fishing villages and discover the stunning natural beauty of the mountains.
- Spend the night in a rock hewn monastery in the Qadisha Valley
- Discover the monumental Roman ruins at Baalbeck
- Soak up the atmosphere in the heart of Old Tripoli
GROUP TOUR from £1100 for 6 days
- Sector 11 ticket for the Sambadrome
- Visit to Corcovado
- Visit to Sugarloaf Mountain
- Join us at one of Rio\'s famous Blocos
- Party the night away at Rio Scenarium
GROUP TOUR from £1270 for 8 days
- Take a walk through the idyllic coastal city of Porto and understand why the birthplace of fortified wine is renowned for its narrow lanes, charming buildings and delicious cuisine.
- Explore the country’s oldest university when discovering the historic riverfront city of Coimbra – once the capital of Portugal.
- Take in all the highlights of Portugal’s arts and culture scene with an included traditional Fado show in Coimbra.
GROUP TOUR from £1630 for 9 days
- Mardi Gras season is a celebration for everyone, and this tour is a perfect opportunity to experience the festival at its cultural heart.
- Before celebrating on Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, learn about the traditions behind the celebration: the krewes, king cake, throwing of the beads and more.
- By day, drive through the Creole Nature trails sighting marsh wildlife, and by night, dance on a parade float in Lake Charles.
GROUP TOUR from £1349 for 9 days
- Explore the ancient sites of Mystras and Delphi
- Visit Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games
- Enjoy spectacular Meteora- 'columns in the sky'