Imaginative Traveller has an incredible knowledge and understanding of the geography and culture of a destination. Tours of the music, festivals, history and culture of a country can be particularly fascinating and really brought to life when guided by a specialist.
World-class music travel
Certain music tours have been created in conjunction with Songlines Music Travel - the folks behind Songlines, the world music magazine - and are specifically designed to immerse you in the traditional music of your destination. With these tours you will be guided by a music specialist, as well as local guides.
Experience Paro Festival, a colourful celebration of Bhutanese culture and faith through music and dance; the Harbin Ice Festival in China, one of the world’s largest ice festivals featuring huge, beautifully-lit ice sculptures; and Mongolia's Naadam Festival, a circus-like event dating back centuries and featuring wrestling, archery and horse-racing.
The complete Rio Carnival experience
The annual Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is the greatest party on Earth, with six days’ worth of street festivals and the incredible Sambadrome parade attracting more than a million visitors each year. When you’re not partying, take some time to explore the fascinating city and its gorgeous beaches.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Culture & Festivals trips
GROUP TOUR from £4395 for 10 days
- Master the art of the Argentinian tango in the milongas of Buenos Aires
- Cross the Rio de la Plata into Uruguay, and discover the lesser-known 'tangopolis' of Montevideo
- Feast on authentic Argentinian cuisine during an interactive dining experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £1416 for 11 days
- Journey to Kuching, Sarawak to witness the Rainforest World Music Festival in full swing. This unique festival draws in renowned international musicians and indigenous performers of Borneo for not-to-be-missed performances.
- Spend a night in the home of one of the regular performers of the festival and learn all about the sape – an instrument used by some of Borneo’s indigenous musicians.
- Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2600 for 11 days
- See perhaps the greatest and most iconic structures ever created by man - the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Head into the Valley of the Kings. Buried beneath the arid hills there are over 60 tombs of pharaohs, many richly decorated with reliefs and paintings
- Sail along the River Nile on Dahabiya, a traditional small sailing vessel
GROUP TOUR from £844 for 11 days
- Revel in the beach vibe of Playa del Carmen
- Explore incredible Maya pyramids at Chichen Itza
- Travel along Mexico's amazing Yucatan Peninsula
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 11 days
- See the amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Visit Axum, the seat of the legendary Queen of Sheba
- Explore the extensive castles and forts of Gondar
- Hike in the stunningly beautiful Simien Mountains
GROUP TOUR from £1659 for 11 days
- Enjoy 3 full days sightseeing in Beijing
- See the Great Wall at the less visited and scenic Mutianyu section
- Visit rural Yangshuo amidst stunning karst scenery
- Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors standing shoulder to shoulder
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2250 for 11 days
- Ride the deluxe high speed train “Afrosiab” between Tashkent and Samarkand
- Explore ancient UNESCO Heritage Sites of Merv, Nissa and Urgench
- Spend a night under the stars next to the extraordinary Darwaza Gas Crater
GROUP TOUR from £2849 for 11 days
- Experience Bhutan's colourful, vibrant festivals
- Visit the Paro Dzong and the incredible 'Tiger's Nest' monastery
- Walk in the quiet Gangtey Valley
- Visit the impressive Tashichho Dzong in Thimpu
- Travel in a country where few foreigners visit
GROUP TOUR from £3030 for 12 days
- Akwasidae Festival or Egun Festival (date specific)
- Ganvie - The largest and most beautiful African village on stilts
- Dankoli Fetish & Fetish Hills
- Kumasi - Historical an spiritual capital of the old Ashanti Kingdom
- Join a Voodoo Ceremony in a remote village
- Fire dance in the land of the Sombra & Tamberma
- Participate in a traditional Ashanti Funeral
GROUP TOUR from £1464 for 12 days
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with a cruise down the Nile. Relax in comfort and soak up the landscapes and scenes of everyday Egyptian life
- Explore the marvels, mythology and mystery of Ancient Egypt, including the Pyramids at Giza and the tombs of iconic pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings
- Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar is an essential Egyptian experience – lose yourself in the colours and aromas of this fascinating marketplace
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1600 for 12 days
- Visit Olympia, site of the first Olympic Games
- Gaze in awe at the unique rock formations of Meteora
- Explore the ancient heart of Greece with expert local guides
- Visit Delphi where ancient Greeks consulted the famous
- Explore the hedonistic island of Mykonos and the white-washed Cycladic house of Santorini