Imaginative Traveller has an incredible knowledge and understanding of the geography and culture of a destination. Tours of the music, festivals, history and culture of a country can be particularly fascinating and really brought to life when guided by a specialist.
World-class music travel
Certain music tours have been created in conjunction with Songlines Music Travel - the folks behind Songlines, the world music magazine - and are specifically designed to immerse you in the traditional music of your destination. With these tours you will be guided by a music specialist, as well as local guides.
Experience Paro Festival, a colourful celebration of Bhutanese culture and faith through music and dance; the Harbin Ice Festival in China, one of the world’s largest ice festivals featuring huge, beautifully-lit ice sculptures; and Mongolia's Naadam Festival, a circus-like event dating back centuries and featuring wrestling, archery and horse-racing.
The complete Rio Carnival experience
The annual Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is the greatest party on Earth, with six days’ worth of street festivals and the incredible Sambadrome parade attracting more than a million visitors each year. When you’re not partying, take some time to explore the fascinating city and its gorgeous beaches.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Culture & Festivals trips
GROUP TOUR from £1100 for 6 days
- Sector 11 ticket for the Sambadrome
- Visit to Corcovado
- Visit to Sugarloaf Mountain
- Join us at one of Rio's famous Blocos
- Party the night away at Rio Scenarium
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1725 for 8 days
- Experience the “Paris of the East” and get to grips with Beirut’s amazing culinary scene.
- Explore pretty fishing villages and discover the stunning natural beauty of the mountains.
- Spend the night in a rock hewn monastery in the Qadisha Valley
- Discover the monumental Roman ruins at Baalbeck
- Soak up the atmosphere in the heart of Old Tripoli
GROUP TOUR from £1399 for 9 days
- Explore the ancient sites of Mystras and Delphi
- Visit Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games
- Enjoy spectacular Meteora- 'columns in the sky'
GROUP TOUR from £1199 for 9 days
- Explore Baroque heritage in Noto and Ragusa Ibla
- Visit archaeological sites in Siracusa, Agrigento and Selinunte
- Cover the island's highlights and best heritage sites in nine days
GROUP TOUR from £4395 for 10 days
- Master the art of the Argentinian tango in the milongas of Buenos Aires
- Cross the Rio de la Plata into Uruguay, and discover the lesser-known 'tangopolis' of Montevideo
- Feast on authentic Argentinian cuisine during an interactive dining experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3850 for 10 days
- Shop till you drop in the futuristic city of Tokyo
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Fuji
- Visit the imperial city of Kyoto, home to more than a thousand temples
- Reflect in the forward thinking city of Hiroshima
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1997 for 10 days
- Visit the Monreale cathedral, considered to be the most beautiful of the Norman churches in Sicily
- In Taormina, visit the Amphitheatre with a local guide. The Greek theatre was built for dramatic performances and music concerts, but during Roman times it was used for games and gladiatorial battles
- Traverse Mount Etna by jeep
GROUP TOUR from £1550 for 11 days
- Journey to Kuching, Sarawak to witness the Rainforest World Music Festival in full swing. This unique festival draws in renowned international musicians and indigenous performers of Borneo for not-to-be-missed performances.
- Spend a night in the home of one of the regular performers of the festival and learn all about the sape – an instrument used by some of Borneo’s indigenous musicians.
- Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2600 for 11 days
- See perhaps the greatest and most iconic structures ever created by man - the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Head into the Valley of the Kings. Buried beneath the arid hills there are over 60 tombs of pharaohs, many richly decorated with reliefs and paintings
- Sail along the River Nile on Dahabiya, a traditional small sailing vessel
GROUP TOUR from £844 for 11 days
- Revel in the beach vibe of Playa del Carmen
- Explore incredible Maya pyramids at Chichen Itza
- Travel along Mexico's amazing Yucatan Peninsula
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2750 for 11 days
- See the amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Visit Axum, the seat of the legendary Queen of Sheba
- Explore the extensive castles and forts of Gondar
- Hike in the stunningly beautiful Simien Mountains
GROUP TOUR from £1779 for 11 days
- Beijing's Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Temple of Heaven Park.
- Cycle amidst Yangshou's karst mountains and rice terraces
- Walking tour of Shanghai's famous Bund area
- One of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Xi'an's Muslim Quarter and the nearby Terracotta Warriors
- Dine beside Hangzhou's West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage Site