Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 0 days
- This Expedition is land-based, perfect for those suffering from sea-sickness who don't want to travel the region by cruise ship.
- Be welcomed into a local home to enjoy kaffeemik, a unique Greenlandic tradition and casual celebration where sweets and conversation are served up by the plateful.
- Stay on the edge of the famed Ilulissat Icefjord, watching frosted peaks of icebergs from the shore while you explore the village.
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 0 days
- Learn about the Ma’nene death ritual, or the ‘ceremony of cleaning corpses’ – a 900-year- old tradition where the Torajan people dig up and spend time with the dead.
- Traverse some of Indonesia’s most stunning landscapes as you trek well away from the tourist trail, through evergreen valleys and bamboo forests, staying in traditional villages and interacting with locals.
- Soak up the tranquil atmosphere of Ramang Ramang village as you float along the river in a traditional wooden boat, surrounded by the stunning mountainscape and acres of emerald green rice paddies.
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 7 days
- Visit the citadel of Machu Picchu for a Guided Tour
- Trek the wild, remote Andes, way of the Tourist Trail
- Explore the Sacred Valley, visiting the community of Chincheros
- Watch a traditional weaving demonstration
- Take a guided tour of the imposing archaelogical site of Ollantaytambo
- Ride the scenic train to Aguas Calientas, gateway to Machu Picchu
- Be supported by our team of Local Guides and Porters
- By opting for this Trek you are supporting our Wild Andes project, benefiting the local communities
GROUP TOUR from £850 for 7 days
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or relax and take the train
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cuzco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
GROUP TOUR from £760 for 7 days
- Discover the vibrant city of Marrakech from a different perspective during a bike tour through the main sites, finishing with a glass of (in our humble opinion) the best freshly squeezed orange juice in Djemaa el-Fna
- Gallop over sandy beaches and through mimosa forests on a horseback ride on the Moroccan coast
- Make a thrilling descent down the slopes of the Atlas Mountains by mountain bike
GROUP TOUR from £680 for 8 days
- Enjoy a thrilling bike ride down some of the best mountains trails in Andorra, including the historic Iron Route. Wild evergreen slopes and white peaks offer a spectacular backdrop
- Hold on tight for some exhilarating white-water rafting through the Pyrenees, under the supervision of highly experienced guides
- Explore the quaint town of Soldeu, based at an impressive elevation of 1,710 metres above sea level
GROUP TOUR from £1099 for 8 days
- Beautiful Tyrolean scenery
- Moderate and challenging walks
- Traditional local cuisine
GROUP TOUR from £799 for 8 days
- Superb walking through Madeira's botanical paradise
- Flower-lined levadas with stunning coastal views
- Mild year-round climate perfect for walking
- Picturesque fishing villages and the historic town of Funchal
GROUP TOUR from £1399 for 8 days
- 4-star hotel with delicious food, warm family hospitality and wellness
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo, UNESCO World Heritage site
- Some weeks Challenging (level 5)
- SPECIAL OFFER on room upgrades
GROUP TOUR from £1149 for 8 days
- Walk the heady ‘Path of the Gods’ to Positano
- Stroll through Amalfi’s cobbled streets
- Discover 2000 year-old history in Pompeii
- Feel at home at our family-run hotel with pool
- Best selling Exodus trip
GROUP TOUR from £949 for 8 days
- Stunning mountain landscapes with deep gorges, spectacular caves, ancient
forests and flowering meadows
- Unique flora rich in orchids and endemic species
- Outstanding fauna, including brown bear, wallcreeper and an exceptional
variety of rare butterflies
- Unique opportunities to experience daily life in a traditional Bulgarian
- Delicious home-produced local cuisine
GROUP TOUR from £1199 for 8 days
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany
- Stay in a converted farmhouse
- Enjoy the fabulous Chianti wines