Imaginative Traveller's walking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
From easy ambles...
Our walking holidays cater for every level of fitness. More casual walkers might find themselves rambling along the French Riviera, strolling between the villages of ‘Little Tibet’, or enjoying a jaunt among Morocco’s striking High Atlas Mountains.
...to more testing treks
Looking for a greater challenge? Look no further than the amazing Machame Route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, the historical 96km Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea, or the ultimate bucket list item for trekkers – Everest Base Camp.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Walking trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1540 for 10 days
- Explore the bustling souks of Morocco
- Admire the views from the summit of Mount Toubkal
- Relax in laidback Essaouira
GROUP TOUR from £1735 for 10 days
- Trek the majestic series of undulating amethyst peaks that make up the Simien Mountains on this hiking adventure through some of the world’s most unique and remote landscapes.
- Explore the medieval architecture of Gondar, including the elaborate Royal Enclosure – a World Heritage site home to dramatic Emperor-built castles unlike any other in Africa.
- Camp within the escarpment of the Simien Mountains and experience true African wilderness as you begin and end your trekking days with incredible sunrises and sunsets.
GROUP TOUR from £1205 for 10 days
- Journey this mostly coastal walk to Santiago de Compostela – a lesser-known trail with fewer pilgrims along the way.
- Feast on some of the best Spanish seafood and Albarino wine in Arcade, on a substantial lunch stop on the way to Pontevedra.
- Trek a fair distance each day, but be able to relax along the way, with dedicated rest days in seaside Vigo and inland Caldas de Reis.
GROUP TOUR from £TBC for days
GROUP TOUR from £2540 for 10 days
- Trek the famous Kokoda Track with a local cooperative that ensures local villages and communities benefit directly
- Follow in the footsteps of the Australian and allied soldiers who battled to defend Port Moresby from advancing Japanese forces in 1942. Hear incredible tales of courage and personal sacrifice from the local historian who accompanies you on the trek
- Meet friendly locals and stay in remote villages
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2300 for 11 days
- Snorkel in the temperate waters of the Red Sea
- ride camels through the landscapes of Wadi Rum
- Cycle to the shores of the Dead Sea
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1375 for 11 days
- Travel the notorious Bahussar Pass
- Trek to the base camps of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi
- Camp at the legendary Fairy Meadows
GROUP TOUR from £1440 for 11 days
- Jump in the saddle and descend from one of the world's highest motorable roads on two wheels.
- Swap peaks for valleys as you raft through 30 kilometres of pristine river featuring Grade III/IV rapids.
- Spend three days trekking through mountain passes to remote villages and monasteries.
GROUP TOUR from £855 for 11 days
- Learn about the Ma’nene death ritual, or the ‘ceremony of cleaning corpses’ – a 900-year- old tradition where the Torajan people dig up and spend time with the dead.
- Traverse some of Indonesia’s most stunning landscapes as you trek well away from the tourist trail, through evergreen valleys and bamboo forests, staying in traditional villages and interacting with locals.
- Soak up the tranquil atmosphere of Ramang Ramang village as you float along the river in a traditional wooden boat, surrounded by the stunning mountainscape and acres of emerald green rice paddies.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3985 for 11 days
- A unique barefoot trekking experience in Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
- Enjoy authentic local hospitality and hammock camp under the stars
- Stay at a remotely located Amazon Jungle Eco-Lodge
- Indulge in a wide range of jungle and wildlife viewing activities
GROUP TOUR from £3299 for 12 days
- A short classic trek through the beautiful Bhutanese countryside
- An opportunity to gain an insight into the culture of the people
- Famous cultural highlights; Paro Dzong and Thimpu's Memorial Chorten
- Witness Bhutan's colourful, vibrant festivals (on festival departures)
- Visit the incredible Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery
GROUP TOUR from £865 for 12 days
- Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets
- Hike and Cycle the Valleys of Cappadocia and picnic amongst a forest of Fairy Chimneys
- Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive