Imaginative Traveller's walking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
From easy ambles...
Our walking holidays cater for every level of fitness. More casual walkers might find themselves rambling along the French Riviera, strolling between the villages of ‘Little Tibet’, or enjoying a jaunt among Morocco’s striking High Atlas Mountains.
...to more testing treks
Looking for a greater challenge? Look no further than the amazing Machame Route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, the historical 96km Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea, or the ultimate bucket list item for trekkers – Everest Base Camp.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £1305 for days
- Borneo is the perfect place to be active and outdoors, and this trip will have you biking village backroads, summiting the heights of Mt Kinabalu, trekking through rainforest and island-hopping by sea kayak
- With two homestays, you'll get an insight in to the 'real' Borneo at community level
- Experience next-level vistas on Mt Kinabalu, descending by the via ferrata – a specially protected mountain pathway for climbers, the first of its kind in Asia
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1540 for 10 days
- Explore the bustling souks of Morocco
- Admire the views from the summit of Mount Toubkal
- Relax in laidback Essaouira
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 10 days
- Trek the famous Kokoda Track with a local cooperative that ensures local villages and communities benefit directly
- Follow in the footsteps of the Australian and allied soldiers who battled to defend Port Moresby from advancing Japanese forces in 1942. Hear incredible tales of courage and personal sacrifice from the local historian who accompanies you on the trek
- Meet friendly locals and stay in remote villages
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2300 for 11 days
- Snorkel in the temperate waters of the Red Sea
- ride camels through the landscapes of Wadi Rum
- Cycle to the shores of the Dead Sea
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1375 for 11 days
- Travel the notorious Bahussar Pass
- Trek to the base camps of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi
- Camp at the legendary Fairy Meadows
GROUP TOUR from £1440 for 11 days
- Jump in the saddle and descend from one of the world's highest motorable roads on two wheels.
- Swap peaks for valleys as you raft through 30 kilometres of pristine river featuring Grade III/IV rapids.
- Spend three days trekking through mountain passes to remote villages and monasteries.
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3985 for 11 days
- A unique barefoot trekking experience in Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
- Enjoy authentic local hospitality and hammock camp under the stars
- Stay at a remotely located Amazon Jungle Eco-Lodge
- Indulge in a wide range of jungle and wildlife viewing activities
GROUP TOUR from £3499 for 12 days
- A short classic trek through the beautiful Bhutanese countryside
- An opportunity to gain an insight into the culture of the people
- Famous cultural highlights; Paro Dzong and Thimpu's Memorial Chorten
- Witness Bhutan's colourful, vibrant festivals (on festival departures)
- Visit the incredible Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery
GROUP TOUR from £865 for 12 days
- Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets
- Hike and Cycle the Valleys of Cappadocia and picnic amongst a forest of Fairy Chimneys
- Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1550 for 12 days
- Explore Osh, an ancient and pivotal center on the Silk Road
- Trek to the foot of Sabakh and Aksu Peaks - 5,000 meter snow capped giants
- Cross Udobniy Pass (4,410m), offering fantastic panoramic views of Uryam River and the surrounding ridges with their majestic peaks
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Kyrgyzstan local herdsmen
GROUP TOUR from £1767 for 12 days
- Experience Cuzco's Inca culture
- Be amazed by the Ollantaytambo ruins
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
GROUP TOUR from £2340 for 13 days
- Whale watching activity in Cape Breton Highlands National Park
- Dedicated and guided hikes on most days
- Iconic views of Peggy's Cove Lighthouse
- UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg