Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 0 days
- Hike your way through pine forests and paddocks during winter on your quest to locate the UK’s only reindeer herd, together with a local reindeer ranger.
- Tasting what the Scottish countryside has to offer is only the beginning. Enjoy an afternoon testing out local beers in Aviemore and whet your appetite with lunch and a whisky tasting in a secluded tipi in the wilderness.
- Take on a section of the scenic Speyside Way Trail from Aviemore to Boat of Garten, where on arrival you will have time to peruse this small village.
GROUP TOUR from £TBC for days
GROUP TOUR from £380 for 3 days
- Walk the winding trails between picturesque villages and then hole up at a local pub to try a fittingly named brew from Intrepid Brewing Co.
- Treat yourself one of the town’s famous tarts or puddings in Bakewell and explore the arched bridges, narrow shopping streets and stone cottages.
- Chat with the locals in the village community shop as you take a break from walks through beautiful countryside of farms, woods, and tumbledown remains.
GROUP TOUR from £410 for 4 days
- Find peace with the relaxing sounds of crashing waves, the smell of salt spray, and a yoga session overlooking the ocean.
- Take bracing walks through the mining history of Cornwall and along dramatic, rugged clifftops, as you reconnect with nature.
- Taste the true flavour of Cornwall with a traditional pasty, after a hike round a headland that lives up to its official designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
GROUP TOUR from £635 for 4 days
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £330 for 4 days
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
GROUP TOUR from £585 for 5 days
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
- Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class, using food that you’ve picked yourself.
- Learn about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.
GROUP TOUR from £755 for 5 days
- Experience the freedom of hiking in the UK’s largest and wildest National Park – the Cairngorms.
- Hike a stage of the famous Speyside Way long distance trail, passing through heather moors and Caledonian pine forests on the way.
- Enjoy a special gourmet picnic lunch on the beach at the beautiful Loch Morlich.
GROUP TOUR from £749 for 6 days
- Sweeping sea-cliffs, panoramic chalk downs, rich rolling hills, ancient
woodlands, meadows and hedgerows
- Incredible variety of wildflowers, birds and butterflies
- Unique history: battle-worn castles, Iron Age forts, WWII bunkers and
fossils spanning 185 million years
GROUP TOUR from £1129 for 7 days
- World-famous Loch Ness: wild, beautiful and slightly mysterious
- Dramatic gorges, brooding lochs, tumbling waterfalls, breathtaking views
at every turn
- Superb bird-spotting: ospreys, red kites, peregrines, buzzards,
magnificent golden eagles
- Red squirrels, red deer, pine martens and even dolphin sightings!
- Rich Scottish Highlands clan culture and history
GROUP TOUR from £879 for 7 days
- Peaks, ridges and lakes of the National Park of Snowdonia
- Picturesque village of Beddgelert, and the grave of its legendary faithful
- Coastal views across to Anglesey
- Rail journeys on the Welsh Highland Railway
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 7 days
- Visit the citadel of Machu Picchu for a Guided Tour
- Trek the wild, remote Andes, way of the Tourist Trail
- Explore the Sacred Valley, visiting the community of Chincheros
- Watch a traditional weaving demonstration
- Take a guided tour of the imposing archaelogical site of Ollantaytambo
- Ride the scenic train to Aguas Calientas, gateway to Machu Picchu
- Be supported by our team of Local Guides and Porters
- By opting for this Trek you are supporting our Wild Andes project, benefiting the local communities