Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £635 for 4 days
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
GROUP TOUR from £330 for 4 days
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
GROUP TOUR from £590 for 5 days
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
- Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class, using food that you’ve picked yourself.
- Learn about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.
GROUP TOUR from £779 for 6 days
- Sweeping sea-cliffs, panoramic chalk downs, rich rolling hills, ancient
woodlands, meadows and hedgerows
- Incredible variety of wildflowers, birds and butterflies
- Unique history: battle-worn castles, Iron Age forts, WWII bunkers and
fossils spanning 185 million years
GROUP TOUR from £1249 for 7 days
- World-famous Loch Ness: wild, beautiful and slightly mysterious
- Dramatic gorges, brooding lochs, tumbling waterfalls, breathtaking views
at every turn
- Superb bird-spotting: ospreys, red kites, peregrines, buzzards,
magnificent golden eagles
- Red squirrels, red deer, pine martens and even dolphin sightings!
- Rich Scottish Highlands clan culture and history
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 7 days
- Peaks, ridges and lakes of the National Park of Snowdonia
- Picturesque village of Beddgelert, and the grave of its legendary faithful
- Coastal views across to Anglesey
- Rail journeys on the Welsh Highland Railway
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 7 days
- Visit the citadel of Machu Picchu for a Guided Tour
- Trek the wild, remote Andes, way of the Tourist Trail
- Explore the Sacred Valley, visiting the community of Chincheros
- Watch a traditional weaving demonstration
- Take a guided tour of the imposing archaelogical site of Ollantaytambo
- Ride the scenic train to Aguas Calientas, gateway to Machu Picchu
- Be supported by our team of Local Guides and Porters
- By opting for this Trek you are supporting our Wild Andes project, benefiting the local communities
GROUP TOUR from £850 for 7 days
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or relax and take the train
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cuzco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
GROUP TOUR from £949 for 7 days
- Medieval towns, hill forts and castles
- Rolling hills, heather-clad moors and limestone outcrops
- UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal
GROUP TOUR from £700 for 8 days
- Enjoy a thrilling bike ride down some of the best mountains trails in Andorra, including the historic Iron Route. Wild evergreen slopes and white peaks offer a spectacular backdrop
- Hold on tight for some exhilarating white-water rafting through the Pyrenees, under the supervision of highly experienced guides
- Explore the quaint town of Soldeu, based at an impressive elevation of 1,710 metres above sea level
GROUP TOUR from £1199 for 8 days
- Beautiful Tyrolean scenery
- Moderate and challenging walks
- Traditional local cuisine
GROUP TOUR from £699 for 8 days
- Superb walking through Madeira's botanical paradise
- Flower-lined levadas with stunning coastal views
- Mild year-round climate perfect for walking
- Picturesque fishing villages and the historic town of Funchal