Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 8 days
- Discover the Triglav National Park and Karavanke Mountain Range
- Varied day walks in the mountains and forests
- Free day to explore Lake Bled, or historic Ljubljana
- Traditional 19th century alpine pension
GROUP TOUR from £1099 for 8 days
- Walk surrounded by dramatic mountain scenery
- Stay in a comfortable chalet with outdoor hot tub
- Walk with IML qualified Mountain Leader
GROUP TOUR from £979 for 8 days
- Beautiful desert landscape of UNESCO World Heritage Site Wadi Rum
- Traditional Bedouin camp
- Famous rose-red city of Petra
GROUP TOUR from £2599 for 8 days
- Exodus takes more clients to the summit of Kilimanjaro than any other UK
- Stand on top of a continent for an unforgettable experience
- Climb the world's largest freestanding mountain
- The Rongai route is much less crowded than Marangu and Machame routes
- An extra acclimatisation day increasing the chances of summit success
- We use 1 guide for every 2 clients
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 8 days
- See Brown bears from a hide
- Discover one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Europe
- Have a unique opportunity to observe a great variety of wildlife in its
- Hike through meadows, forests and along mountain trails
- Stay in comfortable private guesthouse providing an authentic Carpathian
experience and a very warm welcome
GROUP TOUR from £2160 for 8 days
- Begin in Buenos Aires, Argentina's sensational and sultry capital.
- Hike through the incredible Patagonian wilderness on hikes such as the Laguna de los Tres and Laguna Torre
- Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier must be seen to be believed. This massive, blue-hued natural wonder is one of Patagonia's real crown jewels
GROUP TOUR from £3235 for 8 days
- This Expedition is land-based, perfect for those suffering from sea-sickness who don't want to travel the region by cruise ship.
- Be welcomed into a local home to enjoy kaffeemik, a unique Greenlandic tradition and casual celebration where sweets and conversation are served up by the plateful.
- Stay on the edge of the famed Ilulissat Icefjord, watching frosted peaks of icebergs from the shore while you explore the village.
GROUP TOUR from £1872 for 8 days
- Stay in one of Northern Tanzania's most historic buildings and explore the lush tropical surrounds of Marangu
- Taking the Marangu route to climb the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro allows you to stay in the comfort of huts
- Travelling with experienced guides and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers
GROUP TOUR from £1405 for 8 days
- Free time in Naples allows you to explore its historic precinct at your own pace. Descend below the city’s streets to discover the famous catacombs, before indulging in a traditional pizza in one Naples' many eateries. Buon appetito!
- The ancient Roman town of Pompeii has been frozen in time under the shadow of the very volcano which destroyed it, Mount Vesuvius. Explore the vast ruins, including the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo
- Walk the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Sentiero degli Dei, one of the most scenic trails in the world
GROUP TOUR from £1350 for 8 days
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
GROUP TOUR from £2325 for 8 days
- Explore Kyoto on a couple of nearby hikes for a different perspective on the life and culture in this notable city, as well as visiting some sites of natural and religious significance.
- Experience two of the main religions in Japan – Buddhism and Shintoism – by following the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on their quest for faith along the Koya-san and Kumano Kodo trails.
- Discover two of the major cultural hubs of Japan on foot, walking the Philosopher’s Path in Kyoto and strolling through the Dotombori district in Osaka.
GROUP TOUR from £1125 for 8 days
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Drift along pure spring-fed rivers past sparkling waterfalls, and then get the heart rushing riding the rapids of Zrmanja River by canoe or raft
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac