Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £2390 for 8 days
- Begin in Buenos Aires, Argentina's sensational and sultry capital.
- Hike through the incredible Patagonian wilderness on hikes such as the Laguna de los Tres and Laguna Torre
- Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier must be seen to be believed. This massive, blue-hued natural wonder is one of Patagonia's real crown jewels
GROUP TOUR from £2310 for 8 days
- Stay in one of Northern Tanzania's most historic buildings and explore the lush tropical surrounds of Marangu
- Taking the Marangu route to climb the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro allows you to stay in the comfort of huts
- Travelling with experienced guides and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers
GROUP TOUR from £1495 for 8 days
- Free time in Naples allows you to explore its historic precinct at your own pace. Descend below the city’s streets to discover the famous catacombs, before indulging in a traditional pizza in one Naples' many eateries. Buon appetito!
- The ancient Roman town of Pompeii has been frozen in time under the shadow of the very volcano which destroyed it, Mount Vesuvius. Explore the vast ruins, including the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo
- Walk the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Sentiero degli Dei, one of the most scenic trails in the world
GROUP TOUR from £1510 for 8 days
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
GROUP TOUR from £1.0E+19 for 8 days
- Explore Kyoto on a couple of nearby hikes for a different perspective on the life and culture in this notable city, as well as visiting some sites of natural and religious significance.
- Experience two of the main religions in Japan – Buddhism and Shintoism – by following the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on their quest for faith along the Koya-san and Kumano Kodo trails.
- Discover two of the major cultural hubs of Japan on foot, walking the Philosopher’s Path in Kyoto and strolling through the Dotombori district in Osaka.
GROUP TOUR from £1200 for 8 days
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Drift along pure spring-fed rivers past sparkling waterfalls, and then get the heart rushing riding the rapids of Zrmanja River by canoe or raft
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac
GROUP TOUR from £1040 for 8 days
- From the top of Mt Vogel, hike along lush trails, looking down to the valley where deep green forest meets the endless blue of the glacial Lake Bohinj
- Cycle through mountain pastures to outstanding lookouts in Triglav National Park
- Famous for its fairytale-like surrounds – including an emerald-green lake with a church in its middle and medieval castle – Bled is a joy to explore. It also produces a delicious local cake (Bled cream cake – make sure to try it).
GROUP TOUR from £1099 for 8 days
- An action-packed week with a great range of activities
- Try whitewater rafting, canyoning and mountain biking
- Ride one of Europe's longest and fastest zip lines
- Further optional activities; including paragliding
GROUP TOUR from £999 for 8 days
- Extensive network of trails
- Traditional Tyrolean cuisine
- Achensee and its beautiful surroundings
GROUP TOUR from £1899 for 8 days
- Three breathtaking national parks
- Navajo guided backroads tour in Monument Valley
- Grand Canyon sunrise or sunset
- Zion's sandstone cliffs & Bryce Canyon's rock hoodoos
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 8 days
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak around the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1725 for 8 days
- Experience the “Paris of the East” and get to grips with Beirut’s amazing culinary scene.
- Explore pretty fishing villages and discover the stunning natural beauty of the mountains.
- Spend the night in a rock hewn monastery in the Qadisha Valley
- Discover the monumental Roman ruins at Baalbeck
- Soak up the atmosphere in the heart of Old Tripoli