Imaginative Traveller's walking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
From easy ambles...
Our walking holidays cater for every level of fitness. More casual walkers might find themselves rambling along the French Riviera, strolling between the villages of ‘Little Tibet’, or enjoying a jaunt among Morocco’s striking High Atlas Mountains.
...to more testing treks
Looking for a greater challenge? Look no further than the amazing Machame Route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, the historical 96km Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea, or the ultimate bucket list item for trekkers – Everest Base Camp.
Our expert and passionate local guides will show you around, give you lots of tips, and provide a true insight into the local way of life.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £1350 for 8 days
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
GROUP TOUR from £2325 for 8 days
- Explore Kyoto on a couple of nearby hikes for a different perspective on the life and culture in this notable city, as well as visiting some sites of natural and religious significance.
- Experience two of the main religions in Japan – Buddhism and Shintoism – by following the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on their quest for faith along the Koya-san and Kumano Kodo trails.
- Discover two of the major cultural hubs of Japan on foot, walking the Philosopher’s Path in Kyoto and strolling through the Dotombori district in Osaka.
GROUP TOUR from £1125 for 8 days
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Drift along pure spring-fed rivers past sparkling waterfalls, and then get the heart rushing riding the rapids of Zrmanja River by canoe or raft
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac
GROUP TOUR from £975 for 8 days
- From the top of Mt Vogel, hike along lush trails, looking down to the valley where deep green forest meets the endless blue of the glacial Lake Bohinj
- Cycle through mountain pastures to outstanding lookouts in Triglav National Park
- Famous for its fairytale-like surrounds – including an emerald-green lake with a church in its middle and medieval castle – Bled is a joy to explore. It also produces a delicious local cake (Bled cream cake – make sure to try it).
GROUP TOUR from £1049 for 8 days
- An action-packed week with a great range of activities
- Try whitewater rafting, canyoning and mountain biking
- Ride one of Europe's longest and fastest zip lines
- Further optional activities; including paragliding
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 8 days
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak around the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1725 for 8 days
- Experience the “Paris of the East” and get to grips with Beirut’s amazing culinary scene.
- Explore pretty fishing villages and discover the stunning natural beauty of the mountains.
- Spend the night in a rock hewn monastery in the Qadisha Valley
- Discover the monumental Roman ruins at Baalbeck
- Soak up the atmosphere in the heart of Old Tripoli
GROUP TOUR from £900 for 8 days
- Lima’s grand colonial facades, Spanish houses and endless culture make it one of the prettiest cities to explore in Latin America. Adjust to the altitude with a pisco sour and some ceviche
- Machu Picchu may just be the greatest icon of ancient South America. There's a reason this site is so famous, and it has something to do with how truly amazing it is
- The Inca Trail is one of the best ways to approach Machu Picchu, along the way you'll see multiple Inca sites and beautiful landscapes
GROUP TOUR from £1326 for 9 days
- Discover the breadth of Peru's diverse heritage, from the gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture of Lima to the Aymara and Quechuan Indian cultures of Puno
- Marvel at the mother of all Inca cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins and free time to explore on your own
- Enjoy plenty of time in gorgeous Cuzco, the perfect place to launch into further outdoor adventures, or simply relax and take in mountain views
GROUP TOUR from £1099 for 9 days
- Trek alongside mountains on lesser-visited parts of the wall
- Experience rural life first hand in little villages
- Guided tour or Beijing's 'hutongs', Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City
- Possibility to add Terracotta Warrior extension
GROUP TOUR from £1299 for 9 days
- Trek the classic Inca Trail to the Sun Gate for the iconic view of Machu
- Climb Inca steps to the top of Dead Woman's Pass (4215m)
- Have a guided tour of Machu Picchu before the crowds arrive
- Discover Cuzco with its distinct Inca-Colonial fusion architecture
- Alternative remote Moonstone Trek  available when Inca Trail permits
have sold out
GROUP TOUR from £867 for 9 days
- Get the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping – take in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a backstreets bike tour
- Discover traditional Khmer villages on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing away the day in a hammock at a rural homestay