Imaginative Traveller's walking, hiking and trekking trips provide you with expert trail guides, accommodation and porters (where necessary); from easy ambles to more testing treks, you bring your legs and a sense of adventure. From the frosted peak of Kilimanjaro and Patagonia’s windswept trails to a more sedate stroll through the rice fields of Vietnam, there’s a calf-stretching trip to suit every level of fitness and expertise. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit.
Our Walking trips
GROUP TOUR from £3470 for 15 days
- Hike through surreal hanging moss forests and moonscapes
- Spot monkeys hiding in tropical rainforest
- Experience an incredible African sunrise from Mt Kilimanjaro
GROUP TOUR from £1799 for 16 days
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, following in the footsteps of the great
- Explore Namche Bazaar and soak up the Sherpa culture
- Walk amidst the world's highest mountain range, with incredible views of
Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and Ama Dablam
- Visit the hilltop monastery at Thyangboche
- Ascend Kala Pattar for close up views of Mt Everest
GROUP TOUR from £3835 for 18 days
- Beginning and ending in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage.
- This is the perfect trip for those who want a cultural insight into Nepal without strenuous trekking, with plenty of inclusions, as well as free time and comfortable accommodation in each destination.
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving or by canoe, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles.
GROUP TOUR from £5199 for 19 days
- Auckland and Christchurch
- One-day Tongariro Crossing (optional) and other exciting walks
- Lake Taupo and Rotorua
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Fox Glacier and Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
- Queenstown and Milford Sound
GROUP TOUR from £5549 for 20 days
- Raw, primeval landscape of Rotorua shaped by volcanic activity
- Golden beaches of Abel Tasman
- Fox Glacier and the deep fjord complexes around Milford
- Optional activities in Queenstown
- Heli-hike in Mt Aspiring NP
- Trek surrounded by smoking volcanoes
- Climb amongst the soaring peaks of Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
GROUP TOUR from £2735 for 20 days
- Lima’s grand colonial facades, Spanish houses and endless culture make it one of the prettiest cities in Latin America. Adjust to the altitude with a pisco sour and some ceviche
- Seeing the enigmatic Nazca Lines is an incredible experience, whether they’re the work of ancient civilizations or something more supernatural
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu are a majestic destination, no matter how you get there
GROUP TOUR from £1799 for 22 days
- New improved route for 2020 using New Annapurna Trekking Trails (NATT)
- One of the world's classic treks
- Cross the formidable Thorong La pass
- Chance to see the sunrise from Poon Hill
- Dramatically changing scenery
- Time in Kathmandu and Pokhara
GROUP TOUR from £2235 for 30 days
- Help Nepal get back on its feet by retuning to the country, and discover how Kathmandu still remains a legendary destination while the post earthquake rebuilding continues
- Explore timeless Kathmandu
- View the mighty Himalaya Mountain range on the flight to Lukla.