Weird and wonderful wildlife
Get up close and personal with some of the weirdest and most wonderful wildlife in the world, from the giant tortoise of the Galapagos to the poison dart frog of Costa Rica to the gelada baboon of Ethiopia. From the northernmost reaches of wild Finland to the vast plains of the Serengeti to the verdant islands of the Azores, there are few experiences more humbling than seeing amazing animals in their natural habitat. Whether seeing a humpback whale’s fluke disappearing into the water, learning how injured orang-utans are rehabilitated for life in the wild, or watching Brown bears from the safety of your hide in the Carpathian Mountains, you’ll come away from these encounters with a new-found appreciation for the wonder of life.
Imaginative Traveller's wildlife itineraries are carefully designed to include interesting activities, comfortable transportation, and a range of accommodation from wilderness camps to the ultimate mobile safari lodge, the Bush Rover. Talk to us today about our tailor-made wildlife holidays if you have something specific in mind.
You’ll be led by our passionate and expert local guides, who can answer any of your questions and give you an insight into how these incredible animals live.
Enjoy the safari of a lifetime from the comfort of the Bush Rover Suite, a full-working Land Rover that folds out, in situ, into a comfortable mobile home and wildlife-viewing point.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and follow strict guidelines for viewing wildlife, respecting the environments that we visit and ensuring that animal welfare is not compromised in any way.
Our Wildlife trips
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2800 for 0 days
- Explore chimpanzee country in Kibale National Park
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Interact with indigenous forest communities
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2205 for 0 days
- Swim with the Galapagos penguins on Bartolome Island
- Hike to the summit of the Sierra Negra Volcano
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1195 for 0 days
- Spot fireflies on a night walk through the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Spend the day with a family on a traditional Costa Rican farm
- Unwind on the pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1925 for 0 days
- Search for lemurs in Amber Mountain National Park
- Hike amongst the tsingy of Ankarana National Park
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of Nosy Komba
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £3175 for 0 days
- Conquer Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world
- Hike through lush rainforest, alpine deserts, across glaciers and past snow fields
- Venture into Tanzania’s most famous national parks for the ultimate safari experience
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £750 for 0 days
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak around the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins
GROUP TOUR from £1102 for 5 days
- Explore the world’s oldest rainforest – including a private area not open to the general public – with passionate local guides.
- Spot crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
- Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforest-rimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, where Europeans tried and failed to tame the coastal wilderness for hundreds of years.
GROUP TOUR from £1555 for 6 days
- Send a postcard to the jealous folk back home in Post Office Bay
- Spy pink flamingos wading the lagoons of Punta Cormorant
- Snorkel through the underwater wonderland of Devil’s Crown
GROUP TOUR from £2622 for 6 days
- As you board your vessel, M.Y. Grand Queen Beatriz, and follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, you will encounter nature at its finest.
- Explore the islands from on deck, on foot and in the water, no doubt with your eyes open for your next unique sight.
- You'll encounter giant Galapagos tortoises, blue-footed and masked boobies, pelicans and frigate birds, as well as land and marine iguanas, sea lions, fur seals and perhaps dolphins, whales and sea turtles.
GROUP TOUR from £1699 for 6 days
- Two evenings spent in a hide observing Brown bears
- Nature rafting, husky walk and follow the 'Little Bear' trail
- Soak up the tranqulity and stillness of Oulanka National Park in summer
- Bright nights with up to 22 hours of daylight
GROUP TOUR from £720 for 7 days
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island
- Get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
GROUP TOUR from £1820 for 8 days
- As well as exploring some of the archipelago's finest islands by boat, you'll get to know the locals by staying in small, friendly hotels
- Snorkelling with sea lions is an incredible and surreal experience, and there are few better places to do so than Islas Lobos, home of the world's second largest sea lion colony
- One of the joys of the Galapagos is to be surrounded by birds like boobies and frigatebirds who often have not even the slightest interest you're there