From the northernmost reaches of wild Finland to the vast plains of the Serengeti to the verdant islands of the Azores, there are few experiences more humbling than seeing amazing animals in their natural habitat. Whether seeing a humpback whale’s fluke disappearing into the water, learning how injured orang-utans are rehabilitated for life in the wild, or watching Brown bears from the safety of your hide in the Carpathian Mountains, you’ll come away from these encounters with a new-found appreciation for the wonder of life.
Our wildlife itineraries are carefully designed to include interesting activities, comfortable transportation, and a range of accommodation from wilderness camps to the ultimate mobile safari lodge, the Bush Rover. Talk to us today about our tailor-made wildlife holidays if you have something specific in mind.
Weird and wonderful wildlife
Get up close and personal with some of the weirdest and most wonderful wildlife in the world, from the giant tortoise of the Galapagos to the poison dart frog of Costa Rica to the gelada baboon of Ethiopia.
You’ll be led by our passionate and expert local guides, who can answer any of your questions and give you an insight into how these incredible animals live.
Enjoy the safari of a lifetime from the comfort of the Bush Rover Suite, a full-working Land Rover that folds out, in situ, into a comfortable mobile home and wildlife-viewing point.
Safe & Hassle Free
Travelling to far-flung places across the globe can be daunting but we're on hand, before and during your trip, to ensure that your holiday with us is smooth and hassle free. For your peace of mind we are fully bonded with ATOL and ABTOT ensuring your deposit and trip payment are secure.
The world’s an amazing place and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. That’s why we choose to travel responsibly, giving back to the communities we visit and helping to create a sustainable world for our children. We follow strict guidelines for viewing wildlife, respecting the environments that we visit and ensuring that animal welfare is not compromised in any way.
Our Wildlife trips
GROUP TOUR from £2737 for 10 days
- If there’s one ultimate Galapagos adventure, this is it. Combining off-the-beaten-track gems with iconic sights like the Pinnacle Rock, this trip is a microcosm of the Galapagos
- This unique, stand-alone sailing adventure shares its itinerary with no other Intrepid trip. Enjoy minimal contact with other travellers and boats
- Explore the remote west coast of Isabela on a small Panga boat, and venture to the far-west Fernandino, home of the highest density of marine iguanas
GROUP TOUR from £620 for 10 days
- Act like Mowgli on the hunt for Shere Khan in your own real life version of ‘The Jungle Book’
- Everyone’s seen a photo of the Taj Mahal, but nothing compares to seeing it in person in the glowing morning light – you’ll understand what beauty really is
- Little can describe the feeling of nervous anticipation, of the hairs on the back of your neck standing up in hope of seeing a Bengal tiger stalk through the jungles of Ranthambore National Park
GROUP TOUR from £1462 for 10 days
- Experience the friendliness and hospitality of the Dusun people while enjoying lunch in a rural village
- Explore the unspoilt wilderness of the Kinabalu National Park while walking trails at the base of the iconic mountain
- Look over gloriously verdant rolling hills of tea with a night at a tea plantation, including a tour and sampling of delicious local varieties
GROUP TOUR from £1264 for 10 days
- One of the last remaining truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park
- Discover the colourful history of the Iban people and spend the night in a traditional longhouse with a local family
- Explore one of the world’s largest cave networks and witness a sunset hunting exodus of millions of bats, twisting through the sky like a plume of black smoke in Gunung Mulu National Park
GROUP TOUR from £3599 for 10 days
- Track chimpanzees and other primates in Kibale Forest
- Search for the elusive tree climbing lions in Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- Spend a magical hour with Mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Embark on game drives in Lake Mburo National Park
GROUP TOUR from £2530 for 10 days
- Spend 2 nights on a houseboat as your base for exploring the Okavango Delta
- Drive through the Elephant Highway between Nata & Kasane
- Relax on a sunset cruise along the Chobe River spotting bird life and hippos and watch the sunset with a sundowner in hand
GROUP TOUR from £960 for 10 days
- Support local conservation by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else
- Get acquainted with the fine art of 'poling' as you ride a traditional dugout canoe through the lush waterways of the Okavango Delta
GROUP TOUR from £858 for 10 days
- Explore the less-known Indonesian island of Flores and experience the traditional ethnic cultures that live here
- Climb Mt Kelimutu before sunrise and watch its dazzling crater lakes shift colour in the morning light
- Pay a visit to the stunning 17 Islands Marine Park outside Riung and snorkel among the vibrant sealife and coral
GROUP TOUR from £1570 for 10 days
- Watch young orangutans learning to climb for the first time at the Sepilok Sanctuary
- Keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife on a cruise down the Kinabatangan River
- Soak up the relaxed beach vibe on glorious Manukan Island and get up close to marine life on an included snorkelling trip
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £1925 for 10 days
- Search for lemurs in Amber Mountain National Park
- Hike amongst the tsingy of Ankarana National Park
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of Nosy Komba
TAILOR MADE TOUR from £2500 for 11 days
- Explore otherworldly volcanic landscapes
- Whale watch in the Azores Archipelago
- Enjoy quality accommodation on a full board basis
- Tour the vineyards of Pico Island
GROUP TOUR from £1232 for 11 days
- Take a guided walk through the lush lower trails of Kinabalu National Park, witness Mt Kinabalu in all its glory at dawn, and enjoy a well-earned dip in the Poring Hot Springs
- Stay overnight among the birds and beasts of the jungle, right next to an oxbow lake, at Kinabatangan Jungle Camp
- A homestay in a Malay village offers an authentic experience of the local culture. Try you skills in the language as you play with the local children