Surrounded by dense greenery, glistening rivers and incredible views, it is hard to believe that just over 70 years ago the historical 96 km Kokoda Trail was the site of one of the bloodiest battles for Australian troops in World War II. Even nowadays, to conquer the trail requires dedication, courage and mateship, just like it did back in the 1940s. Begin the adventure in Port Moresby before visiting the Kokoda Memorial and undertaking seven days of steamy trekking through the dense Papua New Guinea heat. Meet friendly locals along the way, test your personal stamina and undertake a journey as challenging mentally as it is physically.
10 Breakfasts included
8 Lunches included
8 Dinners included
Plane,Private Vehicle,On Foot
Hotel (2 nts),Village community hut or camping (8 nts)
• Trek the famous Kokoda Track with a local cooperative that ensures local villages and communities benefit directly
• Follow in the footsteps of the Australian and allied soldiers who battled to defend Port Moresby from advancing Japanese forces in 1942. Hear incredible tales of courage and personal sacrifice from the local historian who accompanies you on the trek
• Meet friendly locals and stay in remote villages
• Hike up the arid spines of mountains and through valleys of lush rainforest. This challenging, rewarding adventure invites you to confront your own physical and mental boundaries in the middle of the jungle
• Get to know your personal porter, who will look out for you every step of the way
• Our Intrepid Kokoda trip includes a personal porter for each person on our trip, and one food porter per two Intrepid travellers. This not only ensures that you have the best experience possible, but we are also supporting employment in PNG.