Holidays in August
August, contrary to popular belief, can actually be the perfect time to travel to certain destinations. It also offers the last main chance for families to head out on holiday together, before the kids have to head back to school. Today, we’re going to take a look at some of the most popular Imaginative Traveller holidays on offer during August:
Uncle Sam at the height of summer
The USA remains a must-see for many travellers, and the long days and warm weather of the summer months make it the perfect time for a visit.
From canyons to classic highways and incredible national parks, there is so much to see and do in The States.
Peru – A hiking paradise
For those that like to keep active on their holidays, Peru is an ideal destination, home as it is to some of the world’s most popular hiking locations. Diverse geographically and visually stunning, Peru offers everything from lush Amazon jungle to snow-white mountainsides.
• The Inca Trail Express, takes you along the most famous walking trail in South America, rated by many people as being one of the top five treks in the world. Taking in tropical jungle, cloud-forest and beautiful mountains, whilst ending at one of archaeology’s most famous sites, Machu Picchu, the trip’s versatile terrain mirrors that of the country itself. In short, it’s a hiker’s dream journey.
• For those that want to see as much of Peru as possible, the Peru Encompassed trip is ideal. It covers the Peruvian coast, the stunning white-city of Arequipa, the Peruvian Amazon, the capital Lima and the ancient capital of Cusco. With opportunity to explore desert, mountains and jungle as well as hike the the infamous Inca Trail, this trip really has it all.
Italy – Enjoy the summer sun
There’s no better time to visit this most beautiful of Mediterranean countries than at the height of summer. Our trips offer the perfect chance for you to take in all that’s wonderful about an Italian summer: sun, sea, sand and – of course – the truly sumptuous cuisine.
• For food lovers, our Real Food Adventure in Italy is the perfect trip. A nine-day lesson in some of the world’s finest fare, the journey travels from Venice to Rome taking in everything from an olive-oil pressing lesson and a tour of local wineries and cheesemakers to time spent enjoying award-winning gelato in Treviso. Italian food is rightly revered throughout the world, and this trip provides the perfect chance to indulge.
• For those with children, the Italy Family Holiday is a great way to take in some of Italy’s most renowned sites as a family. The trip takes in two stunning cities – Naples and Sorrento – and also gives visitors the chance to view Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius. With a relaxing day trip to the beautiful island of Capri, there are few better holidays for keeping even the most attention-deficient youngster interested!
Africa – The beauty of the animal kingdom
Anyone who loves nature and the animal world will already have Africa on their ‘must-visit’ list. Playing host to vast stunning landscapes, it is the ideal place for seeing some of planet earth’s most beautiful creatures. Our trips are focused on ensuring that everyone has the chance to take in as much of the wildlife as they can.
• The Victoria Falls to Kenya journey is perfect for those looking to immerse themselves in Africa - from culture to wildlife and scenery. Those making the journey will be able to take in some truly special places in Zimbabwe, Malawi and Tanzania and also enjoy the chance to spend time with local villagers and relax on the island of Zanzibar. And yes, there are plenty of chances to take in the animals, with safaris in the Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park definite highlights.
• For genuine wildlife enthusiasts, meanwhile, the Kenya Wildlife Safari is the perfect choice. The trip takes in the world famous Masai Mara National Reserve and the Rift Valley lakes of Nakuru and Naivasha, as well as the Loita Hills where you will enjoy a fascinating insight into the ancient Maasai culture. Some of Africa’s most iconic creatures make their home in the stunning countryside, including cheetahs, hippos, elephants, leopards, flamingos and lions.
Turkey – Enjoy the Mediterranean in summer
The Mediterranean has always been a desirable holiday destination, and summer offers the perfect time to take in the pearly-white sand and beautiful blue seas. Turkey is one of the Med’s most popular countries, welcoming thousands of new visitors each year.
• The Best of Turkey is perfect for those wishing to take in as much of the country as they can before returning home. Sights include the ruins of Ephesus, the pools of Pamukkale, the Lycian Way along the Turquoise Coast, the eerie landscape of Cappadocia and the mesmerising Whirling Dervishes of Konya. There are some stunning cultural locations included within the trip, such as Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar and Blue Mosque.
• For families the Turkey Family Holiday is ideal. The laidback, friendly town of Fethiye is an ideal base from which to explore the area. With an overnight boat cruise, walking the stunning Saklikent Gorge and a visit to a fabulous Waterpark, there is plenty to keep the whole family entertained.