Holidays in July
If you can’t stand the heat, we recommend going a little further afield for a holiday in July, so why not try something a little different, like a trip to the Canadian Rockies or Peruvian Andes, where the vast mountainous landscapes are just ready to explore?
Canada is absolutely beautiful in July, combining sunshine with clear blue skies, ideal for exploring its vast terrain.
Try one of our trips in Canada which give you the opportunity to share in the spectacular natural history and landscapes of this beautiful region.
July is the best time of year to visit Peru’s Andes, with the dry climate and sunshine making it absolutely perfect for trekking.
• Our Peru Community Inca Trail & Machu Picchu trip gives you the opportunity to trek unique Inca trails off the beaten track, away from the hordes of tourists, while also giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in local village life, helping out at local schools. You will visit Cusco, the capital of the Inca Empire, before exploring ancient ruins and hiking upwards towards to the clouds, taking in the incredible Andean views, finishing up at the astounding mountain-top ruins of Machu Picchu.
Indonesia and Borneo
Indonesia and Borneo are both absolutely beautiful in the summer, allowing you to enjoy their idyllic coasts and spot amazing jungle wildlife like Orangutans and monkeys.
• The Java & Bali Explorer takes you through these two amazing islands where you’ll relax on golden sands and tour some amazing palaces, temples and markets. Beginning in Yogyakarta and ending in Sanur, you’ll scale Mount Bromo at sunrise, bathe in crystal-like waterfalls and overnight on a coffee plantation.
• Alternatively our Jakarta to Ubud tour begins further West in Jakarta, where you can explore the city’s cafes, nightclubs and bustling street vendors, before moving east towards Bandung and Pangandaran, exploring a wealth of rainforests and volcanoes, before enjoying some Balian culture in Ubud.
• Our Classic Borneo trip takes you to the heart of this enchanting land, allowing you to explore lush green jungles, stunning mountain scenery and tropical island beaches. Beginning in Kinabalu National Park, you will trail through exotic flora and fauna before coming face to face with Orangutans at the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre.
This amazing trip will give you the chance to meet local indigenous people in pretty local villages and spend the night in a jungle lodge. This is paradise at its very best! For families, we also recommend that you try our Borneo Family Adventure.
A Taste of Europe
Summer wouldn’t be the same without venturing into mainland Europe, where the sunny days are endless and the sea is beautifully warm, provided you don’t mind a little heat.
We recommend that you try our Taste tours, which allow you to combine sightseeing with sampling authentic, local cuisine.
• Spain has some of the world’s most beautiful cities, cuisine and culture. Our Northern Spain- Real Food Adventure allows you to discover some of Barcelona’s best bodegas and bars, snacking on tapas and sipping a cold cerveza in the Catalan sunshine. You can take part in spirited cooking classes and bottle your own wine in medieval La Guardia, before moving onto the maze-like streets of San Sebastian, devouring Basque-style tapas and drinking Spanish cider straight from the barrel.
• The mountainous region of Andorra is the perfect location for an action-packed summer holiday. Our Active in the Pyrenees holiday takes you walking in the beautiful Siscaro Reserve and mountain biking in the stunning Incles Valley. You’ll white water raft through exciting rapids and take a 4WD excursion along old smugglers routes, with the wind in your hair and sun on your back, discovering everything the Cortals Valley has to offer - this trip is perfect for adrenaline fuelled families!
For culture lovers who can stand the heat, Turkey is an ideal destination for a July summer holiday - you can relax on the beach or explore the country’s incredibly vibrant towns, cities, mosques and markets.
• For families the Turkey Family Holiday is ideal. The laidback, friendly town of Fethiye is an ideal base from which to explore the area. With an overnight boat cruise, walking the stunning Saklikent Gorge and a visit to a fabulous Waterpark, there is plenty to keep the whole family entertained.
• Alternatively, for a splash of culture and cuisine, our Real Food Adventure - Turkey taste tour gives you the opportunity to try mouth-watering meze amongst the mayhem of Istanbul, where you’ll tour enchanting mosques and palaces before going on a kebab crawl through the maze of backstreets and market stalls. Soak in seaside flavours in the slow food town of Akyaka, visit the impressive ruins of Ephesus near Selcuk and marvel at the astonishing underground cities of Cappadocia. Spend time with a local Goreme family and learn the secrets behind central Anatolian cuisine in a cooking class.