Holidays In June
Our summer months are by far the most popular for holiday makers, with the traditional European destinations warming up and school holidays being in full swing.
Whether you are looking for a lazy beach holiday, city break, or honeymoon adventure, here are some great ideas for a holiday in June.
Summer In The Med
In June, the weather in the Mediterranean is at its best - you will be treated to long, sunny days, warm waters and gentle sea breezes, ideal for enjoying time in Italy, Greece and Croatia.
The Italian island of Sardinia is amazing in the summer, with some of Europe’s best beaches and crystal clear waters:
• Our Cycling in Sardinia tour allows you to enjoy some of the region’s most beautiful natural settings by bicycle, exploring limestone ridges and deep gorges in the sea air. Beginning in San Salvatore, you pass through abandoned mines and ancient ruins en route to the rolling green hills and emerald waters of Costa Verde.
• If cycling isn't your thing...how about saling across some of the clearest, bluest water on earth? Our Sardinia and Corsica Sailing Adventure takes you from the coastal town of Olbia to the coves of Carera to the King Aragon Steps in Corsica, snorkelling, swimming and chilling out on white sandy beaches along the way.
• For a little more culture, you can also try our Italy Uncovered trip, which takes you through the mazy waterworld of Venice, before moving south to the ancient hilltop towns of Gubbio and Assisi, where you can mingle with pilgrims and uncover ancient religious treasures. You'll then soak up culture of Rome, explore the ruins of Pompeii and fall in love with Sorrento.
• Of course, a trip to Italy wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Rome, where you’ll sample delicious Italian cuisine while touring all the top tourist spots – just keep your ears peeled for the long distant roar of the Colosseum.
• Uncover the secrets of Italian cuisine while travelling from Rome to Venice on our Real Food Adventure - Italy trip.
Sun blushed Greece
Greece is absolutely incredible in June, allowing you to explore its whitewashed coastal villages, golden beaches and deep blue seas.
• Our Sail Greece - Santorini to Mykonos allows you to navigate your way around the idyllic Greek islands, including Syros, Small Cyclades, Naxos and Amorgos, sailing the Aegean Sea while you sit back and enjoy the fresh air.
• You’ll relax under sun drenched skies, tour historical ruins with a healthy dose of Greek culture, sampling fresh local cuisine. You’ll be busy water sporting by day and enjoying yourself in the busy laneways of Hora by night – this is the ideal break for the young at heart.
• For those of you that fancy something a little more active, how about exploring the Greek Isles on foot? Walking on the Greek Isles offers archaeological treasures, history, culture, dramatic landscapes over an azure coloured sea and of course delicious food.
For incredible red-bricked, whitewashed coastal towns, deep blue seas and yachts as far as the eye can see, Croatia has it all.
• Our Croatia Sailing Adveventure - Dubrovnik to Split trip takes you from the beautiful town of Dubrovnik to sail through the beautiful Elafiti islands of Kolocep, Lopud and Sipan, along with smaller neighbouring islands of Mijet, Korcula, Brac and Vis. With 100 year old olive groves and citrus trees, spectacular parks and beaches, a long history full of stories and legends and of course, enchanting turquiose waters, this a perfect way to explore Croatia's stunning coastline.
Central American Adventure
For a tropical summer break, Central America combines paradise beaches with an opportunity for unique cultural exploration. We recommend that you try one of our trips to Cuba, Guatemala and Mexico, where the weather is absolutely dazzling in June.
• Our Best of Cuba tour allows you to explore this unique country, sipping rum in Havana bars and explore the unique colourful, colonial architecture. Laze on Caribbean beaches and absorb rich Cuban history; uncover the wonder of this colourful communist state with a twist. Along the way you will also sample Baracoa’s beautiful mountainsides, Trinidad’s laidback allure and the true birthplace of the salsa, moving through Santiago de Cuba and Camaguey, tasting fine cigars and ‘pasteles’ (delicious Cuban finger food).
• Alternatively our Best of Guatemala & Mexico trip is a beach lover’s dream, exploring some of Central America’s beautiful coast while delving deeper into mountain ranges and caves. Beginning in the old-world town of Antigua, then moving onto Tikal and San Ignacio, you can discover ancient ruins, lush tropical scenery and incredible jungle wildlife. En route to Mexico’s Playa del Carmen, one of the most idyllic beaches on the Caribbean Sea, you’ll stop off at the beautiful island of Caye Caulker, just off the Belize coast for a true taste of paradise.
Head East To Asia
Although it's monsoon season in Vietnam Cambodia and Thailand, June is the perfect month to explore Borneo and Indonesia.
Our Classic Borneo trip is a perfect combination of wildlife and culture with visits to a local village for lunch, a Tea Plantation and War Memorial as well as exploring the flora and fauna of the Kinabatangan River and visit the 'old man of the forest' at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
Beautiful Bali is an ideal 9-day break with opportunity to conquer the slopes of simmering Mt Batur, explore an underwater world in Bali Barat National Park, feast on delicious Balinese cuisine and enjoy moments of absolute peace in Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a Hindu-Buddhist lake temple dedicated to the goddess of the waters.
Safari, sightseeing and trekking in Africa
To experience something extra-special, you really have to visit Africa – we guarantee that you’ll come back a different person than when you left. You can hit ‘Kili’ before the summer hordes arrive or take a safari in Kenya and Tanzania, the choice is yours.
Our Serengeti & Kilimanjaro tour conquers Africa’s highest peak while allowing you to spot leopards and lions in the Serengeti. Beginning in Nairobi, you’ll travel through Kenya’s fertile highlands before reaching Lake Victoria for incredible views. Hiking through hanging moss forests, mesmerising moonscapes and tropical rainforest, you will spot wild monkeys, spiders and absolutely dazzling birdlife. In Tanzania you can shop for sculptures at Musoma market, enjoying rich Tanzanian culture, before continuing on to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Mt Kilimanjaro – this trip is every adventurous nature lover’s dream!
• Alternatively you can try our Kenya to Cape Town trip, a mammoth 45-day tour from Nairobi to Cape Town, ideal for those with a real sense of adventure, unearthing Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. On the way you’ll safari through some of Africa’s most iconic conservation reserves and parks, watch the Zambezi River crashing over Victoria Falls, spot seal colonies at Cape Cross and camp on beautiful, balmy beaches while the sun goes down. This trip has absolutely everything!